Where Did You Get Your Username?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Duquesne01, Jul 3, 2007.

1. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Because I love him of course :)

2. Mitss90

Mitss90 Dead on Arrival

Mine has really no connection to anything. It just popped in my head and decided to use it. My weblog has the same name now, and well, that's the story behind my username. Nothing special though.

3. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

Okay, so mine's kinda obvious.

Yeah, I did name myself after the movie Pretty in Pink. I love 80's movies.

:)

4. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

Simple *lol* I love Sandle and D/L, and I wanted it to be in my name so that everyone knows it, at first I was thinking about smth like SanDLicious, but then decided for smth shorter. Btw this is the only forum where I use that name, mostly I'm known as Darky or LittleDarky, and on fanfiction.net I'm ncis-lady - the funny thing is that by now I have more CSI stories than NCIS stories ;)

5. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

my user name is the name of my (small) company/business.

This is the only forum I use this name on though. On other forums I either use - Benitez (after Rafa Benitez), or Kickice (I use that on a couple ice hockey forums).

6. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

I think I wrote my name's origin in my bio. My name comes from the Greek virgin goddess of the hearth. She's not as well known as the other Olympians but I admire her because she's calm, and selfless (something I wish I could be more often). Suffice to say I also adore Greek mythology!

(I checked the other thread that Dynamo1 linked to, and I was slightly dismayed that a user had a Roman goddess name and didn't even know whether it was Greek or Roman! Yes, I'm nitpicky like that but you'd think a person would know the story behind their name.)

BTW: An alternate name for me would've been the Roman Vesta. :)

7. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Well the first videogame I ever played was called Mortal Kombat which had a character named Kitana.
    Some years later I started to do some online gaming and I needed a nickname, I could always opt for my real name (Tatiana) but what's the fun in that right? So I thought back to some cool names I ever came across, including names from videogames. That's how I got it.

But how did that 4 get in there? You'd have to be a gamer to understand. Sometimes we like to code words into numbers.. makes us look cool.. (not rly)

Oh and I love Kittens and the short for Kit4na is kit so.. Kit / Kitten you get the point ;)

8. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Erm... I struggled to find a username I liked first of all. I didn't want to have just anything and regret it after a few months (back in the days before you could change your name :lol:). Anyway, I came up with Tinkerbell in the end because it sounded cute, but I'm far from cute. :lol:

9. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

My username obviously comes from Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven :p It has always been my favorite piece of poetry and by Poe himself. I went through a phase where I was absolutely obsessed with it, so I chose the name "quoth_the_raven" for quite a few other boards and then when I found TalkCSI, I figured to keep it the same because I liked it :p

Since then, it's been my username for other things as well so people recognize me. I'm not planning on changing it because I actually really like it :lol:

10. SaraGrissom

SaraGrissom Witness

Lol, my username is pretty obvious. Sara Sidle and Gil Grissom (aka GeekLove and GSR). Sara and Grissom get married...and you get...SaraGrissom ^_^ Long live GSR!

11. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

Because I want to be the rain on Jorja's skin :p

Originally it came from the Michael Bolton song Georgia Rain, I altered the spelling for obvious reasons :D

12. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

I had a dog named Luna and a shortly after she died I bought a lip-gloss, because I liked the color, and when I got home I discovered that the color was called 'Luna Love'. Very fitting.

13. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

Well, mine's really nothing special, as it's just all the CSI's under 1 name! And I'm far too lazy to get my name changed, so it stayed! :lol:

14. Herzeleid

Herzeleid Rookie

"Herzeleid" is a song by Rammstein. Somehow I've convinced myself it relates to GSR; translated it means "Heartache" which for me, has been the constant battle with GSR for 6 years until cannonness.

English translastion: Save each other from heartache; Because the time you spend together is short; Because even when you are united by many years; They will seem to you just like minutes; Heartache...; Save each other from loneliness; Heartache...

Yeah, that's why I picked it! It was Herzeleid or Steinjagerin (rock hunter), I went with the easier to pronounce name. :)

15. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I like gaming and while watching the ep of CSI: Miami where they deal with the real life gamers committing murders, Wolfe was playing the game to solve the crime, hence the birth of my sn.