Where Did You Get Your Username?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Duquesne01, Jul 3, 2007.

1. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

you can change your username just ask mods and they'll help:)

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i'd quite like to change my name too. i still think lisa simpson is a great character but y'know, i've moved on ;) also i'd like to keep it in line with my twitter/fb/lj etc which all have another name. but i don't know if i can really be bothered with all the mod shenanigans so i guess i'm just saying.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Actually, only PMing T'Bonz (currently known as T'Boo) with the new username and old one visible somewhere in your profile (location, siggy etc.) you can change your username once in a year.

She'll change the name as soon as she has time and once your old name is visible (just like now people have Halloween names)

so if you wait and one day you wonder why you cannot log in, you can try your new username (like I was pissed why Ducky didn't work until I realised I asked for Halloween name :p )

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

ooh thanks for that info (am somewhat belated...) - i will pm her now :)

5. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

My screen name (the regular one) Stepherweps is what my uncle has called me for as long as I can remember, so I thought it would be an appropriate screen name. :D

6. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

oh my and i was wondering why my opera mini suddenly has forgotten my screen name when i tried to log in with my regular.
    then i was hit with idea that i had to use halloween one.
    and it worked.
    it used to happen when i changed my regular name some time this year for the first time. i also didn't how to do that but i only knew it is possible, that time i was very hard trying to find how to do it.

7. luf100

luf100 Coroner

This happens to me every year when I get my name changed for Halloween. :lol:

Anyways, my normal username is luf100, and no, it's actually not just random letters and numbers. :lol: My mom used to write me notes when I was little and she would put them in my lunch box or whatever so I'd find them at school. She would always write "LUF" in them, which meant "love you forever". So when I joined my first ever forum, I decided to use that as my username. I don't really know why, just did. The 100 part was pretty random, I just needed a number. :p And then it stuck and I've used it for almost all the forums I go on. My mom also has a tattoo that says LUF.

As for my Halloween name, Beetlejuice, I just really like that movie. And I usually have a different Halloween username every year. :lol:

8. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Aww that LUF thing is really sweet!
    I was playing a game of solitaire on the computer before I joined, and so it was the first thing that popped in my head!

9. leegrace

leegrace Victim

I don't believe in fake names.. Mine is also my real name.

10. adamandeva

adamandeva Witness

my username is a mix of my name and because one of my favorite characters from csi ny is adam ross

and i have heard the: "hey eva where is adam" all my life so i could use it now

11. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

well i got mine changed :D the new one is from part of a line gary sinise has as austin in true west (a play by sam shepard, he played opposite john malkovich), my sig is the other half of the same line.

the whole thing goes "he has been camped out on the desert for 3 months, talking to.... CACTUS!! what does he know about what people want to see on the screen? i drive the freeway every day, i swallow the smog, i watch the news in colour, i shop at the safeway!! i'm the one that's in touch, not him!"

it's actually part of a wider rant with yelling about westerns being all about horses and grown men acting like little boys, i just love the whole scene. hell, i love the whole play :)

here's the yt version...

http://www.youtube.com/user/talkingtocactus?feature=mhum

12. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

I have a dragon toy that I used to take with me everywhere I went and treat as a living thing when I was a kid, so my friend used to humour me by refering to me as 'that dragon's friend' instead of just 'my friend'. He's weird like that :p He was with me when I was making up the name so it was my first thought. It isn't just to do with my love of mythological lizards :lol:

The numbers are just the year I was born though, nothing too symbolic :lol:

13. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

My username was completely made up. Most people come up with user names based on objects, places, other people, you name it. I wanted to go in a completely different direction and come up with a name that perhaps few others would come up with. "Axatullux" is the end result here. :D