What's one thing you wish hadn't happened in CSI?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by dna1009, Jun 22, 2008.

1. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

New entry: Yesterday's Vegas season premiere promo, turning what should have been all about the impact of Warrick's death into a GSR lovefest. Completely lacking in taste, class.

2. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Yeah. Tell me about it. Makes me really want to vomit. Hopefully, it will just be one of those Promos that are misleadng and none of that will come to pass. Still, Tacky to make THAT the focus of the promo....:rolleyes::brickwall::angryrazz:

3. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I wish they hadn't started a romance between Gil and Sara it just takes the focus off of the show.:mad:

I also wish they would have found a way to keep Keppler in the show, I liked his character I think he would have been a great addition to the show.

4. CCA

CCA Police Officer

The little maggot that Nick was trying to keep alive, he could have had a BIG part...sorry I'm tired

Another one I can think of is when they killed Det. Lockwood in the third season of CSI. Seriously he was one of their best Dets, and I loved that guy! It's hard to watch that episode because of that scene of him being killed :(

5. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

It's funny how many people have posted in here that they wish GSR never happened. I've got to say I'm one of those people who think that this whole thing never should have happened. For one thing, it brought more focus to the romance and not the crimes to be solved. It took away from the procedural aspect of the show IMO. It's one thing on a soap and completely different in a procedural show. Without introducing any ship to the show, I think more people would have been happier. It was fun back when you could just speculate. There was more mystery.

I totally agree with those people who were disappointed with the promo of the Season 9 premiere. The focus should be on Warrick but they just had to put in the GSR. Oh well...

Ditto about Keppler getting killed off. I really liked him. :p

I could not agree more about Horatio turning into Super H. :guffaw: Sometimes I just scratch my head trying to figure that one out. It's sometimes too ridiculous for words. :lol:

6. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Got a new one. I finally got to see the first episode of S4 of NY and I just hate the new credits. What's up with NY? Why do they try so hard to make it even hipper? And something else that fits right in that category, they always pull in famous people like singers and I really don't like that. It takes away the focus from the crime and the solving of that crime.

Such stupid new credits! :angryrazz:

7. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

I totally second that and still hope that in season 5 they will come back to the 'old' credits, can't stand that music :scream: (and I really tried to get used to it ;))

Not sure if that's what you meant but I was furious at the end of Time's Up when we had to watch Mac playing bass with some guy CBS was trying very hard to promote :scream: (quite tasteless if you ask me)
    Danny's Coldplay ringtone falls into the same category (I re-watched Jamalot recently and just cringed with embarassment when I heard Danny and Hawkes discussing that **** ringtone - it was so artificial and forced :/

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

It's especially cringe-worthy when the singers/athletes/etc try to act - if they're good, that's one thing, but most of the time they shouldn't quit their day job.

(I'm another one who never grew to love the new NY credits - I miss the original version of the song. I also don't think they needed to separate Gary and Melina from the rest of the cast by putting them before the show title - I know they're the main people, but the other shows don't do that, do they?)

9. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Hahaha, so freaking true!! Case in point...Sasha Cohen really did an awful turn on NY. She really couldn't act. Not even to save her life. What a shame that NY continues to play with casting stunts like that one.

I can't stand the season 4 version of Baba O'Riley. They really messed up a really good song. I quite agree about separating Gary and Melina from the rest of the cast in the credits. They're supposed to be part of an ensemble.

10. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I can't help but feel new to Talk CSI, but I'm not, only on this thread. I love CSI: NY new theme song it's cool, I wouldn't have changed it back. With me everything, on CSI: Miami and even on the other to, happens for a reason and so I don't wish something hadn't happened.

I know some people from CSI: Miami board would wish that Speed was still alive, though.

11. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I will probably go for the standard answers, when it comes to LV that is.. I wasn't happy with the GSR because it turned CSI in a soap opera instead of an independant crime series. I hated the obviousness of things and the way it was shuffed in your face. By season 7 I also had it with the same type of cliffhanger every time... someone is about to die. (s5 Nick, s6 Brass, s7 Sara, s8 Warrick)

I am not a big follower of any of the other series so I cannot talk for them

12. Energy Recruitm

Energy Recruitm Civilian

Danny and Lindsay sleeping together. IMO, they lost any sort of fun "good buddies" chemistry and banter that initially did exist between them prior to having the night of drunken sex on the pool table. Now, there's nothing fun between them any more (once again, IMO).

13. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

Since I'm a diehard Miami Fan, I'm going do my "hadn't wish list" on them.

-I wish they hadn't started this whole "super H" thing. I know Miami is suppose to be the more comic book show of the three but this is getting a tad annoying now. I love the Horatio of the first three seasons where he was kind, and fighting for the little guy.

-Ryan as the mess up. If I have to see one more "Ryan messed up" again storyline I will start writing serious mean e-mails to TPTB! Ryan is a great character and Jon Togo is too amazing of an actor for that. LET HIM BE THE HERO!!!

-I have a slight issue with the lack of teamwork. The show has definantly gone anti-team (all the shows have really) and it's the teamwork that make all three shows great. No more two people at a time shots!

And just throwing this out there and nothing against the Speedle fans out there, but because of speedle's death, we got...

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f8/dommis04/?action=view&current=a790scd.jpg
    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f8/dommis04/165_jonathan-togo.jpg
    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f8/dommis04/RWcrotchshot.jpg
    So for this I say to the TPTB....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!:drool::lol::guffaw:

14. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I don't watch that much Miami but I have noted the whole Ryan-messed-up thing too. Did he ever do something right??? One of the reasons I stopped trying to watch it. It's so annoying you have this new character and he became a CSI for a reason and then TPTB make him such a mess-up? Why even bother introducing a new character then.

15. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I agree with the above posts re: Ryan always being portrayed as the "F*ck-up" on Miami. Miami is my 2nd fave CSI after NY (the only 2 CSIs I watch anymore) but it got harder and harder to stay into Miami the past couple of seasons because of the predictability where the characters are concerned.
    A. Ryan will always be the "Bad Guy" amongst the team.
    B. Ryan and Delko will find another reason to disagree.
    C. The teamwork/cameraderie amongst the CSIs has gone downhill.

Horatio stands up for everyone on his team equally, and I love him for that, but it seems that everyone else, with the possible exception of Calleigh, is out for themselves first and foremost, and to heck with having someone else's back. That has happened more and more since they lost Speedle, and it's a shame. The entire CSI team working and interacting together is half the reason why most viewers watch these shows, I would wager. Take that away, and you're taking away part of the reason why someone tunes in!