What's one thing you wish hadn't happened in CSI?

superman.gif

i thought emoticons with limbs freaked you out :p

This is true, but ones with floaty hands are better than ones with stick arms. And legs are never cool. *shudder*

Besides, he's got a little cape. *smish* :p

2. The transformation of H into super H (there should be a smiley with a little cape...)
superman.gif

Hehe. ;)

Also, your banner is a bit oversized - it can only be 75 pixels high. The uploader in the User CP says a bigger size, but the rules are still the same (220x75). :)

hahahaha that's great!!! :guffaw: sorry about my banner! :alienblush: I'm not very well skilled on this stuff and really thought it was ok :rolleyes:. I'll go fix it :)

Not a problem - the uploader can be confusing because of the size discrepancy. :)

[rant]

1. Warrick's plot. Letting him get married with Tina is not THAT bad in a sense that it adds tension between him and Cath. But the way they just drop the plot halfway hanging in the air. Like what happen after Cath confesses she has fantasy? Suddenly, it's like nothing happened. >.< then later Warrick still flirts with Cath (Secrets and Files) then he stops again. And again later (A La Carte) and stops AGAIN. It's just annoying.... I think he (and YoBling) deserved a much better plot and he's appearing a whole lot less than other characters which are not CSIs (not that I'm against them or whatever). I just wish that the season premiere wont be so disappointing. At least let it have continuity.

2. Keppler's death. I understand that the team (aside from Cath) dont really like him because of the whole evidence tampering or whatever its called. But come on, you work with the guy for a while, you got to have SOME emotion. The next episode (aside from Cath's remark) there's no other evidence that this guy even existed... Ughh...

3. Aiden's death. Before that, they dont even build up a storyline of Aiden first. It's like she left -> she died -> upset team -> case solved -> case closed. :rolleyes:

[/rant]

i liked the way they did warricks marriage actually, the show isnt about the personal lives of the characters so i was fine knowing she was there but we never saw her.

right now i wish warrick hadnt died, but depending on how well they resolve it next season (not holding my breath) it could turn out to be a very good storyline.

i wish grissom hadnt changed. i dont really know exactly when or why it happened, but he went from this quirky scientist in the first few seasons to this dark and brooding grump. he was one of my favourites in the beginning but now i dont care if he turns up in an episode or not.

i also wish keppler hadnt died. now he did the mysterious brooding thing well, even though other people interpreted it as boring. he could have popped up again and it could have been enjoyable.

^^ I think part of Grissom's change came when he started losing his hearing. He was losing an important part of him, and he didn't want his team to know. That played out with him turning away from Nick unexplained in "High and Low," as well as in many other cases that season.

I kinda wish they had played out the Grissom/Lady Heather plotline a little more. I really liked her interactions with him... they responded to each other so well. I liked it.

I agree about Keppler. I liked him, with that whole mysterious brooding thing. It was good, and I think he should've lived.

I kinda wish that the CSI kids wouldn't all be brats or delinquents, too. That'd be nice.

Three things I wish hadn't happened on CSI:

1. Marisol hadn't died.

2. Speedle hadn't died.

3. Sara hadn't left.

I really didn't like the whole "Marisol" storyline on Miami. I understand what the writers were trying to do with her, but it just didn't work. There was absolutely zero chemistry between Horatio and Marisol.

I also really hated when Horatio's Hummer blew up and there he was standing there, not a red hair out of place. Okay, we get it. Horatio is immortal. Let's move on.

Agree, Keppler's death was really unnecessary. He was flawed but that made him interesting.
I'd like to say Warrick's death but since I haven't seen any S8 episodes yet, I'll wait.
But the whole marriage and Tina-thing I could have lived without. That was so bad and poor Cath.
Overall the lack of continuity at times. Like you mentioned with Warrick's flirting.
And GSR, sorry, but I just don't see it!

Aiden's death! Why oh why did she have to die????? :eek: If you can't tell, I'm still not over it! :(

Keppler hadn't of ever been on, beyond boring!

Sara had never left!

Lady Heather was non-exsistent

Warrick never got shot!

See, I thought Keppler was a great character and far from boring. He wasn't Grissom, but wasn't meant to be. He was his own character, and very interesting. I loved his flaws and his story. I am sorry he got killed off, because he could have made an interesting recurring character. With the way they did the storyline, I doubt he could have stayed a CSI even if he hadn't been killed.

I'm ambivalent about Sara leaving. She was never my favorite character, and at times could be unlikable due to her inflexibility and not being able to apologize very well, but that's the way she was supposed to be. However, I think they gave her the best exit they could have. They took the time to show how the kidnapping was eating at her and that she was on the verge of losing it completely. I definitely think the show lost something when she left, and I'm not sure how I feel about her returning. She left, and it's over.

Lady Heather was another great character. I loved the way she interacted with Grissom, especially in "Lady Heather's Box." I wish they could have explored that dynamic between them even more. Especially because no matter what Billy Petersen says, Grissom tapped that.

However, I will say this. They've played out her storyline. OK, she was back for "Pirates of the Third Reich," because of her daughter. In "The Good, The Bad, and the Dominatrix" Grissom went to her as a friend, nothing more.

So, I'm not exactly happy about her coming back. It just seems like overkill, them bringing everyone back from Grissom's past.

Too keep the thread on topic, I wish Grissom hadn't changed, either. He was cool and quirky, and sometime after the Hearing thing, he stopped being so quirky, and started being brooding. It cost him a lot, especially because I don't think his relationship with the team was ever quite the same afterwards, especially in season's six and seven.

I also wish that in New York, they hadn't lightened the show so much. Season 1 was the best season. There was a gritty darkness to the show that had nothing to do with the Blue Filter. It was quintessential New York City. Rats, Central Park, Bicycle Messengers, the Circus, etc. All of it gelled together in a very cool way. Now, they tend to focus on the glitzy elite of Manhattan only. I think they took something away from the show when they lightened the mood.

Some of it had to do with Aiden leaving, because the Brother/Sister dynamic between her and Danny, was cool. He was open to her in a way he has been with no one else, before or since.

Overall, though, I think that New York is not as good as it once was. I'd like to see them get back to that.

You made quite some good points there!

First, yes, S1 of New York was the best. I liked it because it was edgy and not so flashy and bright as Miami. Another thing I didn't like beside the lightened mood are the clothes. I know, completely superficial of me but still. In S1 everyone wore cool suits and outfits, especially Danny wore those great suits with coats. After S1 everyone wore those cool trendy hip youthful clothes.

And another yes to Aiden and Danny. Their relationship was so cool. I loved it, the bantering and openess of it. Great. Although I think Danny's pretty open with Flack, Aiden was still a very big part of his life! I miss her!!! :(

I must admit I never noticed a change in Grissom's character. Must pay more attention there.

Oh, Lady Heather. I loved her. She was cool and strong and then The Good, the Bad and the Dominatrix happened! When I was watching it for the first time I was like WTF :wtf: What they did to her character was just awful. I never took her for a woman who'd do such a thing! She'd have fought for her granddaughter, yes, but she'd found a better way than that! Come on, that was just horrible!

Back