What would you like to see in the season 6 finale?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by wildcat, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I thought it was Risk when I did search, but I apparently did it bad as I just found information about the subway crome scene. So when you mentioned Risk, I went searching again. And yes, it's Risk. Seeing that we have had a episode about the stock exchange, I don't want to see another episode related to it. I know it is really typical New York, but it feels like 'Been there, done that' for me.

Oh, speaking of places which could be used as crime scenes. I mentioned an airport or an attic. But it would be kinda nice to see any funeral as a crime scene. You know, someone who dies while attending the funeral. It would be a great episode for Sid too. So it would be fun to see a creepy Sid back at the finale. But it is just what I think.

2. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

i Agree but..what about a dead body in some container ship????. Sid could be there. Actually the whole team could be there. And the killer playing tricks with them and getting rid of the bridge so they should handle the situation "alone" inside that ship

We need Sid this time!

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ possibly, but we've already had someone being squished by a container ship (don't forget the spatula!) and someone being packed off to greece in one - i wonder if they've exhausted the container ship possibilities...

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

mm i don't think so because we had those situations in containers or ON containers (the spatula man :D )
    But if they are locked inside a ship it would be different but i don't know about the jurisdiction (wouldn't be in charge of the Coast Guard?)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  5. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I guess if we're picking locations for a finale crime-scene, I'd probably want to have it take place at or in the Empire State Building. I think we've gotten cases at almost every other famous NYC landmark except that one: Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, the Met (or at least, the front steps of it), Central Park, Bronx Zoo... all from the earlier seasons, though.

Another one that might be interesting would be the UN Headquarters, especially if they could tie that into the case itself -- like having it involve international diplomats again.

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

but we have had the empire state building! i can't remember the name but it was the guy climbing up it as a stunt who witnessed a guy being shot in a boardroom and tried to phone 911 but lost his balance and fell. the wife of the shot guy and the guy she'd paid to kill him were in a hotel opposite and would've got away with it if not for the climber. they had a lovely scene of hawkes finding bits of his brain all over the pavement, and stella said "looks like this is a no brainer" and the boys were all going "did she really say that?" :lol:

chrysler building would be cool though - i don't think we've had that, apart from as a reference point to the height of another building in the 333 jigsaw puzzle.

7. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

True. However the Empire State Building was used indirectly in

4.09-->wasn't the place where Mac and Claire got engaged? Or it was the Chrysler building?????

5.10....---> where Mac, Danny and Sheldon gave us a bright view of the city. I remember i felt dizzy :D

UN headquarters--> i like that one. It could be a bomb or something

8. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Oh right, the S2 season premiere, right? :lol: For some reason I kept remembering that as a random skyscraper, not the Empire State Building. And it was used again in The Triangle, too, but just the top of it (copout, IMO :p). It might be nice to see it again, though, that or another landmark.
    The Chrysler building -- I remember that one from the 333-stalker cases, but only as a reference point.

9. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

:guffaw::guffaw: sorry, I don't know why, but this is just cracking me up :guffaw:You are so funny, Harrie!! :lol:

Um, locations... from what I've read here, we've had pretty much everything :lol: Nah, just kidding... HAH, I know! How about Macy's? ;):lol:

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

that was the chrysler building, and it was only referred to, it wasn't the actual building. he just said that the building where he got engaged should've been taller in reference to the chrysler.

that was the empire state as well, i'd forgotten that one. i loved it when danny said something like "can we do this quickly before anyone wets themselves" and mac sniggered :lol: i like that scene.

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Isn't the first scene in the 100th episode set in the Empire State Building? The man running towards the door of the 100th floor? I remember it hearing in a 100th episode celebration video clip but not in the actual episode.

For a season finale, I hope it has nothing to do with hostage again. Well maybe it depends if the writers handle it right. I think anything that should be CSI related. Another cliffhanger would be okay for me because it's just exciting. In my opinion, doing a cliffhanger has something to do with good ratings. I'm so happy when NY is doing good on TV ratings.

12. Tee

Tee Hit and Run

My first post in a couple of months- but anyway, this thread got me thinking.

From reading a number of the posts above, I gathered we like continuity, lots of action, perhaps a less mac-centered story, no kidnappings, no cliches and no love interest/ cheesy fan-fic endings. Also I think a nice major Adam or Sid storyline could be good as we've hardly seen them this season. So I came up with this arch which hopefully addresses most of these wishes.

Towards the very end of the season- maybe third or fourth last episode (though doesnt necessarily have to be season 6)
    Sometime at the end of the episode
    Mac gets reinstated into the Marines and has to report in immediately. (Although this highly unlikely in reality- but for the sake of entertainment, when has this show/ tv in general ever confined itself to plausible, real-life scenarios?) This ensures the final will not be completely Mac-centered, but it also gives Mac fans something to be excited for - Marine!Mac. Plus I think someone mentioned that Gary's contract could be up soon and that leaves doubt in the audience's mind if he'll be written off. One more thing- Gibbs and also be reinstated into Mac's unit aaannnnnddd....NCIS crossover!!! I know, as if. But one can dream.

Season finale:
    1. Mac is gone obviously. The team has hardly ever worked without Mac and this could be interesting in terms of who would lead. Could bring Stella to the spotlight or possibly bring in a really good guest star as a temporary supervisor/ boss. Meanwhile, the team can be working on a seemingly routine case....

2. Haylen makes a reappearance, thus allowing an awesome Adam centric finale. However, back where ever Mac was deployed, he somehow stumbles on a massive twist- something along the lines of Haylen being an undercover terrorist/ assasin or whatever who's mission is to take down some important figure - could even be the President, etc. Something way out of the blue I know- but seeing as we never really got to know Haylen and the fact that she wasnt popular with most of the audience, it could work. Story could be that she applied for the job to gain more info or the trust of the authorities. And the reason she joined the FBI could also be for that, etc etc. But somewhere along the line, she and Adam can have some sort of computer/ science nerd show down and of course the ending must include the team in action trying to save whoever was targetted. Actually, maybe an important international conference thing at the UN where all the world leaders are gathered could be the target...that would be cool.

3. After all that has happened and all the chaos is over, the team can relax. But then, they find out - either over the news, by phone call, etc - that Mac gets injured in a roadside bomb or something simliar. So it could be left as a cliffhanger, or they can resolve it and say they are shipping Mac back home.

Then in the opening episodes of the next season, Mac can be dealing with his injuries AT HOME. Because we don't want more of Danny's 'its ok, I'm in a wheelchair, but I can still work in a high risk workplace' drama earlier this season. Then Mac can make a decent enough recovery and be back at work maybe in the third episode if we keep the timeline that the new season is set after the summer, leaving a plausible recovery time.

End rant. Just shows how 'busy' I am at the moment. Gotta love holidays... Hope you liked it.

Tee