What the Writers' Strike Means to CSI: NY

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 3, 2007.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I read an article on the strike - can't remember where - that said that is the reason. Scripts for sitcoms are written in a week and are rewritten as the taping goes on and they see what works and what doesn't.

2. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

well, i hope it hs no effect on ths show. i find that this year the writing is much better than it has been before. I hope it stays as good as it is.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

As far as I know, the CSI shows will film the remainder of their episodes, but that's not that many. There are only two more eps that remained to be filmed of NY: 412 and 413. I imagine they'll finish up in the next few weeks.

4. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

5. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

^ Thanks for posting the letter Kimmy. I'll get my letters mailed today.

6. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

Hey when the strike is over, will all shows return?? Or could some shows be cancelled because of the strike??

7. NOLAGRRL

NOLAGRRL Witness

Awesome, thanks Kimmy! Also for those of you out there who are still confused on what this hullabaloo is all about, go no further than here!

8. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

I don't know how accurate it is, but I just saw a list of how many more new episodes each show was going to have. CSI:NY has 14 episodes done, 7 have aired already so there are 7 more left to air. I can cut and paste the list for anyone who wants to see how many are left of their favorite shows.

9. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Yes, I've read that as well. It's not encouraging (my mind is still in denial, I want my whole season...) but it's more than a lot of other TV shows have.

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Some shows have already shut down production, so we're lucky NY is going to have so many episodes completed. Did all the other CSI shows make it to 14, or are they going to have fewer eps done? 14 is actually more than half the season (since it's usually 24 eps to a season), so that's a good thing. Not as good as a whole season of the show completed of course ;) , but better than an immediate shut down.

11. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

I don't know if the other shows made it to 14. They weren't included in the list for some reason.

12. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

According to my spoiler source, Miami has 13 episodes while Vegas has only 11.

I know we're luckier than most and this is serious stuff but see, after all that talk about great Danny scenes I was getting my hopes up for a great season for him and then this happens... *sighs* the fangirl in me is sad. ;)

13. LateToTheGame

LateToTheGame Hit and Run

I know what you mean. Even though I realize there are serious issues at stake and all of that, and I do understand that these are just TV shows, and I actually do have a life... :) I'm rather annoyed that this had to happen NOW because the GSR thing is finally almost over with on Vegas. I've wondered if this means they will concentrate more on interesting cases, and/or move on to other characters, but now we won't get much of a chance to see what direction the show will take before it all comes to a grinding halt. Oh well. At least NY won't seem quite so much "up in the air" since the 333 thing will be concluded. But will the SL case be resolved? I don't remember when that storyline was supposed to reappear. Sorry if this is going off topic.

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Despite me being a bit sick of the strike coverage already (poor me, because it ain't gonna end soon), I enjoyed reading this interesting article (linked in this CSI Files news item)--it talks about things from a slightly different perspective than I've seen so far reading Variety and whatnot. In the article, it talks about the fact that the producers might not have been totally serious during negotiations, and that they might even gain from the strike in the short-term.

A very interesting read. :) It's long, but if you're curious, I think you'll like it.

LateToTheGame[/b]]The Second Life sequel was supposed to air right before the Grammys. No idea how things will happen now that the strike is going on...the spoilers for episode 13 indicate that a judge was killed, so (not having looked at the spoilers myself) maybe it's possible that episode will be the continuation? (Don't take my word for it--like I said, I haven't read the spoilers for ep 13.)

15. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

Okay so I'm reading this thing about the strike, it is an online petition and they were giving a little bit of information. Now The writers want 8 cents of the shares. And then I'm thinking to myself... How hard can it be to give them 8 cents? you can give big ticket actors like Brad Pitt millions of dollars to do a movie, but you can't give the writers 8 cents of internet and DVD shares. I mean come on, it's 8 cents, 8 cents that the writers truly deserve. we don't have any episodes for the actors to do if theres no writers.

Just give them the 8 freakin cents so I can have some new episodes of SNL and all the other shows like that. Give them the 8 cents so we don't go half way through a season of a show and stop at something important and then go on an 8 month hiatus, because they didn't get the EIGHT cents!

and I don't want to be confined to watching repeats, game shows, reality shows and the news! come on thats not a good selection! There are some good game and reality shows... but jeez.. i don't want to be stuck watching those.

I am probably missing some details to the strike though.