What shows did you like as a kid?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Lia, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

I liked...

Full House, Tom and Jerry, The Power Rangers, Barney, Family Matters, oh i almost forgot i was obsessed with
    Beverly Hills : 90210

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Digimon, sailor moon, blinky bill, samuri pizza cats, carebears...

3. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

I had some great laughs watching Parker Lewis Can't Lose when I was younger. :)

4. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

Wonder Years, Doogie Howser MD, Full House and what's the series with the robotic girl?I think her name was Vicky... Ultraman, Sesame Street

Cartoons: Smurfs, He-Man, She-ra :lol: , Mighty Mouse, Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, Scooby Doo, Tom & Jerry, Woody Woodpecker, Looney Tunes(yeah I watched a lot of cartoons), Thundercats, Jem, was there something called Lucky Luke?? Oh there're so many more I'm sure...can't remember them all.

5. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Hey, does anyone remember 'Danger Mouse'? I saw a T-Shirt today with the mouse on the front and I suddenly remembered the show. :eek: Also does anyone remember 'Trapdoor'? Or am I really showing my age. :lol: I'm not sure whether they were just shown in the UK thou.

6. wibble

wibble Corpse

Tink - I remember Danger Mouse :lol: Good heavens, this is going back some years :eek: Ughh, I never really got into though I'm afraid...I'm not sure why, I just wasn't all that keen on it.

Don't recall 'Trapdoor' - what was the show about?

I do remember something called Knightmare though, which was this show where a group of 4 children/teenagers had to guide one of their team members through a virtual quest. I really loved it and thought it was the coolest thing at the time :) :lol: I think I used to daydream it was me going on the virtual quest! :eek: :lol:

7. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

How can I explain 'Trapdoor', I don't really remember much from it apart from the monsters were like Pleistocene figures. According to my mum I used to really love the Skull figure. :lol: Anyway, I found a picture, you might recognise it. Trapdoor :D

Oh my god I remember Knightmere. :lol: The poor dude doing the quest had like a tin hat on so he couldn't see where he was going. The other 4 were sitting watching him on telly, working out clues and would say things like '4 spaces to the left and forward 2 spaces’ to guide him/her through it. :eek: I used to love that show, although the presenter on the show used to creep me out a bit. :lol:

8. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

As a kid...up too age 16 :p

Puff-n-Stuff :lol:
    Little Rascals the series :p, not the movie
    Gilligan's Island :eek:
    Three's Company :D
    Happy Day's :cool:
    I love Lucy :rolleyes:
    Good Times :lol:
    Sanford and Son :lol:

Geezz, I could go on forever, I guess I should stop

9. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

Here we took lots of anime when i was little, so we had a lot like Heidi, Marco Polo, Candy-Candy, Dragon Ball...

We also had a national program full of strange things that i loved, La bola de cristal, I'm sure lot's of spanish people will remember that.

About series, i enjojed seeing McGyver, A-Team, Blue Summer (verano azul, a spanish productiona about some kids in holydays in a town near where i lived), and a buch more I don't remember right now.

10. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

i liked tons of shows, but the number show as a kid would have to be "Are You Afraid Of The Dark", ren and stimpy, rocko modern life, daria just tons of the good cartoons, an di still watch scooby doo.

11. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Goodness! Where to start? If it aired on network tv in the 70s and early 80s, I probably watched it. Ah! The golden age of televsion!!

The Facts of Life, Hunter, Kate n Allie, Dukes of Hazzard, Little House on the Prairie, The Brady Bunch, I dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, Hart to Hart, Knot's Landing, Dallas, The Jetsons, The Munsters, Addams Family, Gilligan's island, Three's company, BJ & the Bear, Gunsmoke, The A-team, Flintstones, Scooby Doo, Mr Rogers, Captain Kangaroo, Sesame Street, The Electric Company, Fat Albert, Barney Miller, Barnaby Jones, Carol Burnett Show, Beverly hillbillies, Buck Rogers in the 25th century, My favorite martian, Charlie's Angels, Eight is Enough, Diffrent Strokes, Webster, Family Feud, All in the Family, Hee Haw, barbara mandrell & the mandrell sisters, I love Lucy, Hogan's Heroes, The Jeffersons, Laverne & Shirley, M*A*S*H, Mork & Mindy, My sister Sam, The gong show, WKRP in Cincinnatti, Mama's Family, Dragnet, Ironside, mod squad, one day at a time, the Waltons, the yellow rose, simon & simon, Sister Kate (that was only one season, I think), Newhart, Night Court, the Incredible Hulk, fantasy island, double trouble, cagney & lacey, Cover up, and the other one with Jon-Erik Hexum about the time travel...I think it was Voyagers, or something with Voyagers.

Have I covered them all?!

12. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

I remember a show called Today's Special. Me and my sister used to LOVE that show!! It had something to do with a department store mannequin.. but it was great! .. anybody know which one I'm talking about?? :lol:
    I watched the usual shows like Sesame Street, Gummy Bears, Carebears, Saved By The Bell (well.. that was more recent :lol:), Rugrats, Doug, The Jetsons, The Flintstones..

13. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I used to LOVE this cartoon called Battle of the Planets. LOVED it. :)

14. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Okay, I'm another old timer, so I have many, many shows to list. I remember watching these when I was growing up: Petticoat Junction, Bewitched(I so wanted Samantha to be my mom), I dream of Jeannie, Gilligan's Island, Batman, Soap, The Six Million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman, Star Trek Classic, Barnaby Jones, Vegas, Hart to Hart, Matt Houston, Three's Company, Too close for Comfort, Kate and Allie, Newhart, Space:1999, Different Strokes, The Facts of Life, Simon and Simon, Airwolf, Miami Vice, Buck Rogers, the original Battlestar Galactica, Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys, Growing Pains, Scooby Doo, Looney Tunes, The Pink Panther, etc, etc. I could go on and on, but I'll stop there for now. I watched entirely too much tv as a kid.

15. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Saved By The Bell, Blossom and Full House were my favourite US shows here in Holland :D