What Do You Think About Eddie Cibrian's Departure? *spoilers*

I'm worried that Jesse's exit will be just as lame. They could have just had Jesse go back to LA. If he doesn't die by the poison, then I don't get the point of killing him off as opposed to shipping him back to LA ALIVE!

Well, from the recent news, it seems your worry is more than right in this situation. Apparently come Season Nine, fans will discover that Jesse has been killed by a guy the team has been after for a while.:shifty:

Whatever faith I had in Miami that was restored in Season 8 is now gone, shattered to million pieces.

I just don't get it, what is even the point of this! Why even bring in a new character when all you're gonna do is shove him out the door the second your favorite comes back. It's so disrespect and utterly disgusting.:scream:

Just to clarify my previous statements. I don't blame Adam for Eddie's departure, although I did not appreciate his statement of reassurance to the fans that no one would be dropped because of his return, he has been in this business long enough to know someone would pay the price for his return. But in the end, Adam does not have the control to chuck someone off the show, no one but TPTB could have. So the real blame lies with TPTB, not Adam. Adam can't help who TPTB prefers more.

I am upset with Eddie's departure and Jesse's completely senseless murder for the sole reason that Eddie/Jesse had given me a reason to return to Miami after a 5 year sabbatical. With Jesse, I saw an honest humble man who simply wanted to do his best, whatever drama that was in his life, he never felt the need to make a big deal out of it. Jesse was the fresh blood that was needed on the show, against the backdrop of all these dramatic characters with dramatic pasts, he was the steady dependable normal guy, a refreshing face for a show that tended to hover around over the top.

I never felt the need to ship anyone in Miami, but the moment Jesse, Walter, and Ryan had their first scenes together, I knew straight away that they were comedic gold! And since that first moment, I wanted to see so much more of them. The three boys brought a new feeling to Miami, a sense of humor against the darkness and the drama. I could always count the boys to give me something to laugh about in every episode, whether it's Jesse saving Ryan and Walter from the bear, or the boys in a farm field, or Jesse and Walter having a blast on the g-force plane. I felt happy watching them, their laughter and humor was so contagious!

Now sadly, it will all be for nothing, because Jesse will be killed off senselessly, and no one will ever remember who Jesse is because he is not deemed as an important character.:(

They could have just kept him alive and send him back to LA or something, instead TPTB does the only thing they know how to do, kill.

Why TPTB even bother to hype up Jesse so much and give him such an established character history if they won't even bother to put those storyline potential to good use? Why even do it when they just wanted to get rid of him?

It's no wonder Miami is going down hill. I have never felt this disappointed with a show, but then again, with the same sort of crap happening on NY and Vegas, I really shouldn't be surprised. The CSI franchise has been taking a beating for a while, and I have a feeling with the way they are going, it won't take long before it comes to an end. This franchise has disappointed me.

I for one will not be a returning viewer once after I see how Jesse's storyline ends. I already took one sabbatical from Miami, what's another more.

Bauer, I am sorry you feel this way. We will never know the real story, but it could simply be the chemistry between the cast and crew didn't work out. I am also thinking they let Tara go for that reason also. They usually give actors a year to see how it works out. It is not anything against the actors, it can be just how they work together.

Bauer, I am sorry you feel this way. We will never know the real story, but it could simply be the chemistry between the cast and crew didn't work out. I am also thinking they let Tara go for that reason also. They usually give actors a year to see how it works out. It is not anything against the actors, it can be just how they work together.

With Tara, I don't think they ever intended to keep her past her one season. I think she was mostly just a filler character until they found the right fit. I think they knew from the beginning that she wasn't the right fit, but decided to have a little fun with the character's storyline anyway.

There's no doubt in my mind though that they would have kept Jesse if Adam hadn't returned. But, they could have been brave enough to attempt to write for both characters instead of chucking Jesse away. And like I said before, I don't blame Adam. As far as him saying no one would have to leave for his return, there is a possibility that tptb led him to believe that no one would be leaving. Maybe their original intention was to keep both Jesse and Eric, but when they got in the writers' room, they decided Miami wasn't big enough for two hot Cuban men. :lol: Who knows what goes on in tptb's minds? :lol:

As for Jesse, there is always fanfic. I haven't written any CSI related fanfic in a while because I've been preoccupied with Supernatural fics. :lol: But, I may have to write one where Jesse's death is faked to catch Bruce Enright. :lol:

I really liked Tara (I like everyone on the show I guess, some more than others!). Anyway, I was disappointed when she left and I couldn't find any threads talking about her departure which I thought was strange. I know she was only there for 1 season but so was Eddie and there's this whole thread for his departure (which is fine by me). I'm just saying it would be nice to know why Tara left. Maybe there was some thing about it last year and it was removed or something ( I only joined the forum a month ago).

If she was just a filler character, won't they have just put her name in the guest stars? I liked her better than the current M.E. but he's OK too.

I agree with Theresa's 1st sentence 'Bauer, I am sorry you feel this way'. Bauer, watch a few episodes of season 9 and see if you still like the forensics and crime fighting plots before you give up on the show completely!

I agree with Theresa's 1st sentence 'Bauer, I am sorry you feel this way'. Bauer, watch a few episodes of season 9 and see if you still like the forensics and crime fighting plots before you give up on the show completely!

Well to be honest, I gave on the show's forensics and crime fighting plots a long time ago ever since Speed died. I walked away then because I couldn't stand how the show was going downhill and the science was getting ridiculous.

I came back to Season 8 because they were going back to the basics, going back to the roots, the beginning of the science and the team, and I thought I should take a look, and lo and behold with Jesse, Tom, and Walter's entrance, it became more about the team and the science than it is about a single character's romantic or family past.

I will take a few looks at Season 9 episodes, but I don't have any high hopes, especially now with the way they decided to end Jesse's storyline. It's simply lazy writing. If the premiere isn't up to snuff, then I doubt the rest of the season will get any better.

If the writers actually keep their word and focus on the team rather than certain individual characters, THEN MAYBE I will think about watching the rest of the season.

As for Jesse, there is always fanfic. I haven't written any CSI related fanfic in a while because I've been preoccupied with Supernatural fics. :lol: But, I may have to write one where Jesse's death is faked to catch Bruce Enright. :lol:

I am actually thinking if it is Enright who murdered Jesse. Because AR said that it was someone they had been after for a while, and it was said before that Enright was gonna make return appearances. Maybe Enright used the whole poisoning scenario to his advantage, attacked Jesse when he's in the hospital so that it would look like he died from the poisoning, but then the team discovers the truth and goes after Enright! Maybe that's the plot for the premiere.

I do like your plot better though! Jesse is really alive!:lol:

Tara never made it and I don't think she was ever counted as a main character. But Jesse was different, they hyped the hell out of him, they had him out there doing interviews, they put him in the opening credits. Clearly they wanted him around and they talked about future season storylines. And from the interviews I have seen and heard, the chemistry seemed fine between the actors, they all got along well, they were laughing and giggling all around. If it really was chemistry issue, then they wouldn't have made so much focus on Jesse, he would have been out already.

CSI Files: Will Tony Enright be back before the season ends?

O’Brien: Tony Enright, Jesse Cardoza’s nemesis, is in a world of legal hurt. He’s facing murder and conspiracy charges, fighting for his life and his freedom. That fight will tie him up through the end of season eight. But, look for Tony to make bail and regain his freedom early in season nine. He will re-ignite his ongoing and deadly battle with Jesse. This is a dual that will have a decidedly shocking conclusion.

CSI Files: Jesse is convinced Enright killed his wife. Will we find out more about Mrs. Cardoza, and the circumstances surrounding her death?

O’Brien: Yes, we will finally learn the truth about Jesse’s wife’s murder. I can’t reveal the answer to that question without giving away the story. Suffice to say the murderer is not at all who we expect. When the truth about his wife’s murder is revealed, it will truly shock Jesse. It will give the audience an invitation to what’s behind his stoic exterior. Jesse’s struggle to deal with the events that led to his wife’s death will greatly humanize his character. Eddie Cibrian is a highly skilled and disciplined actor. In season nine, we’ll be peeling the onion, so to speak, and learn what’s behind his interpretation of the character. Jesse Cardoza is a man in pain. And we will come to know that pain far more intimately in season nine.

So much for this whole plan of Jesse in Season 9 and the whole battle with Enright. He can't exactly have some emotional trauma over his wife's death or some final battle with Enright if he's dead eh?:shifty:

I hate it when storylines are dropped, it annoys me.:scream:

Maybe I can imagine that the team will go after Enright in Jesse's honor? Find out what really happened to his wife?

I'm not counting on it with the way Miami's been writing this show, but a girl can dream...:(

I don't really know but I just am not going to miss him. I mean he wasn't around long enough for me to really get to have a feel for where his character was coming from and such. But I am glad that they are giving him some what of a decent exit.

I don't really know but I just am not going to miss him. I mean he wasn't around long enough for me to really get to have a feel for where his character was coming from and such. But I am glad that they are giving him some what of a decent exit.

"decent exit"? Well, I find it to be incredibly lame. Yeah sure it's cute that they're giving him a little tribute at the end....But then again, why give a newbie an actual real exit storyline when you can kill him off quick and make sure he never exists afterwards and go back to business as usual....:shifty:

I'd rather have Jesse as a breath of fresh air than some of the older characters whose storylines have honestly been getting old.

I am with those that are disappointed he is leaving. I was not happy at all when I heard AR was coming back. I have never really been a fan of Eric's and was happy when AR left the show. I loved the trio of Jesse, Walter and Ryan together. Total bummer...

"decent exit"? Well, I find it to be incredibly lame. Yeah sure it's cute that they're giving him a little tribute at the end....But then again, why give a newbie an actual real exit storyline when you can kill him off quick and make sure he never exists afterwards and go back to business as usual....:shifty:

I'd rather have Jesse as a breath of fresh air than some of the older characters whose storylines have honestly been getting old.

I find it to be better than how some shows write characters out. Atleast they are making sure that he doesn't just dissapear without any explanation.

I find it to be better than how some shows write characters out. Atleast they are making sure that he doesn't just dissapear without any explanation.

Well, that's true. At least they aren't pulling a Sofia Curtis and just having him disappear without a trace.

Hmm. Ill have to comment on whether it is a 'decent exit' when I see it.
That was annoying when Sofia just vanished. Although Riley's exit was probably worse. Mentioned once, but in a bad way.
Im hoping that Jesse gets a few good scenes. I would have prefered an exit with a happier ending for him, maybe a few episodes down the line. But hey ho....

Well, that's true. At least they aren't pulling a Sofia Curtis and just having him disappear without a trace.

No kidding. What did Yelena pack up and move back to Brazil? And what happened to Ray Jr.? :confused: That kid has to be in like, college or something.

Back