What Category Do I Belong In? Find out here! [Please rate/comment!]

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by CSI_Kat, Sep 25, 2007.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Re: In what category I belong? **Please Vote!!**

I reackon it should be open for all three options :D

2. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Re: In what category I belong? **Open Round - Now up**

Thanks for this *coughs* enormous *coughs* feedback (*gives natty some cookies :) *) ;)

So if you wanna join this round, please send me your work till Sunday, March the 23rd.
    All kind of art work is OK, you can send icons, banners, wallpapers, from all CSI shows, whatever you prefer.
    If the Easter Holidays keep you away from creating and sending in your work, let me know and I'll give you more time. :)

When you send me your stuff please write in the subject line s/th along "Category Thread - My Entries" or similar and state in the pm whether you wanna have comments on your work or not.

3. togo2hot

togo2hot Prime Suspect

but it is possible to add a poll-i could do it-but that is only in the thread that i started so i think that whoever started this thread could post a poll now.cuz i could post a poll in the thread that i started eventhough it has been 2 pages but for threads that i didn't start i could not post a poll under the threads options.so i saw that csi_kat started this thread and i am thinking that she could post a poll for you.why don't you ask her?oh yeah i was just checking my other threads that i made and i found out that if you have already posted a poll you can't post another one but if you haven't you can post a poll-by you i mean the person who open /started the thread.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

You can only have a poll at the very beginning of a thread, when its first posted :(

5. togo2hot

togo2hot Prime Suspect

just ask csi_kat to try as see if she could post a poll,please cuz she's the one whom open this thread so she can post a poll now-please just try first!

6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I love your determination :D But you can't edit the first post now and the poll option is only available when you first post it so you can't even edit it then (if I remember correctly) So just leave a comment in here for cinegirl telling her what you'd prefere ;)

7. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

togo2hot, as has already been said, we appreciate your enthusiasm. However, weather possible or not, a poll isn't necessary. You can simply state which you'd prefer in a post.

8. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

OK, request!
    I've only received stuff from one person so far, and I'd really like to set up some more work for categorizing. Anyone new (or undecided) here who wants to join?
    I wanted to start with commenting this Sunday, so please try to send me your stuff till then - or would you prefer an extension of 2-3 days? Please let me know, thanks :)

9. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Re: In what category I belong?

Hmpf, nope, I didn't forget about this round, but I hoped to receive some comments here :p
    Whatever, I'll post all entries I've received tomorrow around noon, if no one posts till then watch out for an edited post ;)

10. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

I'll see what I can whip up... no promises, I have some work to finish up :)

11. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Re: In what category I belong? **Please Comment!!**

Yay, finally we can start! Thanks for all the last entries, it makes more fun having more than one person entering. :D

Some guidelines:

Please categorize every art work - if an artist entered more than one work and for example the first icon would be beginners but the second one would be more intermediate, please state it this way.

Further more:
    • Every artist wants to know whether their stuff is Beginners, Intermediate or Advanced
    • they all want to have comments why you choose the category
    • Please use constructive criticism and advices, don't come in here and bash someone's work.
    Now: let's start!

Artist #01:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Artist #02:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Artist #3:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Artist #4:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy commenting! :D

12. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

1) Beginner, but close to getting to Intermediate. Except the first one the icons are either very sharp or too blurry. I like the coloring on the second icon, the third one has too much contrast though. The first icon lacks color, but i really like the cropping not only on that one, but on all of them. All in all, keep up the good work :)

2) Beginner. I'm not crazy about the coloring, but i have to say the brushes are put in the right places. There is a lot of creativity involved, but the skills need to be brought to a higher level to show the icon-maker's real potential. You're on a right path!

3) I'm a bit thorn between Beginner and Intermediate here. While the first icon belongs to the former, the second should be categorized as the latter. The first icon is too dark, seems oversharpened in some places, and is contrasted a bit too much. The second one, though, turned out great. The coloring is interesting, the text is nicely visible, and the cropping unusual enough. The icon's almost Advanced.

4) Is this one and the same person? :p Okay, the icons are Beginner level, especially the second one. It's oversharpened and the coloring is pretty dull. But the wallpaper? Advanced in every way. I absolutely love the way it's been made, everything fits so nicely ... it's just super-pretty. I'm no wallpaper expert, so i won't talk technical, but the overall effect is amazing. Make me one? lol

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

1) Beginner/Intermediate- I love the cropping and colouring. However the second icon is a little blurred and the third is a little too sharpened ;) I adore the text on the first, it's well placed :)

2) Beginner- I like the way you have experimented with different texts which will help you soon reach intermediate. The banner is my fav but I think that if you work and experiment with layers/curves/colours etc you'll soon reach a higher lever in your icon making ;)

3) Intermediate- I think the first icon is a little too dark however I love how the pinks stand out in the second, as well as the text ;)

4) Beginner+Advanced- The second icon is a little too sharpened but I love the cropping of both icons. However I think if you added a good brush or text to the first icon it could be classed as intermediate! The wall is definatly advanced in my opinion the techniques used completely supress my talent in walls so I won't comment too much :lol: I love it how some people find it a lot easier to create different types of fanart :D

14. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Artist #1: Beginner almost Intermediate.
    The second icon is blurry and hard to discern that it's Calleigh at first glance. The third icon is over sharped. Just pratice a bit more and soon you will move up.

Artist #2: Beginner
    The icons show potential but they are quite dark. Try playing with different things in your program, trial and error is always the best. The banner is also Beginner, as it's dark and a bit blurry.

Artist #3: Beginner almost Intermediate
    The icons have an overall put together look but on a longer look the first icon is a bit dark. The second icon is blurry with a touch of grainyness. Try smoothing out the images and lightening.

Artist #4: Beginner for icons
    The fist one is a bit blah on the coloring, try layers or brightening it. The second is oversharped, not every cap needs to be sharpened, sometimes you can get away without doing it. Smoothing is also another element to try.

As for the wallpaper Intermedaite or Advanced.
    The coloring of the subject is a bit light so the additions wash them out even more. Also the cap is grainy, especially around Calleigh's eyes.

15. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Re: In what category I belong? **Comments!!**

Ok due to the challenges being put on hiatus once again- Me and Vera decided it was best to start up a new round so that when things kick back in again we can participate without thinking, 'Erm?!?'

What can I enter?
    You can send me either icons, banners or walls but no more than 3 of each. If you would like to you can send 3 icons and 2 banners (for example) but I will count them as two different artists as some people excel in different areas- I hope that makes sense!

PM them to me, nattybatty55, by Saturday 25th at 11:00 PM GMT
    (You have about a week)
    If you can't PM yet but would like to see what catagory you belong in then just leave a comment in here and send them to:
    nattybatty55 [at] hotmail [dot] com

Sizes (Board/Challenge rules)
    Icons: All sizes upto the Max of 140x140
    Banners: 220x75
    Walls: 800x600

Any CSI cap from any of the 3 shows.
    No animations
    No vulgar words

Please let me know if there are any questions!

Last edited: May 17, 2008