What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just am currently reading Sticky Fingers by NIki Burnham and i just bought Shopgirl by Steve Martin

i cant wait till the movie comes out so i went and got the book :D

xoxo

The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman. It comes from a series called His Dark Materials, which I consider a necessary book to read. If you haven't read it, hurry and go to the library!

The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman. It comes from a series called His Dark Materials, which I consider a necessary book to read. If you haven't read it, hurry and go to the library!

Yay that was a great book!! :D

(Nope. I swear I wasn't procrastinating instead of doing homework ... it was during the summer, HONEST! :D)

I just finished Under The Jaguar Sun by Italo Calvino. Such sensual stories.

I'm about to start Saint Maybe by Anne Tyler.

I have just read "Safe House" by Meg Cabot. It is the third book in the Missing sreies. It is great fun and can be enjoyed by anyone, although it is a good idea to read "When Lightening strikes" and "Code name Cassandra" first as they set up the overall storyline for the series. Trust me if you have read her other books then you will love this one too.

Right now I'm in the middle of People Of the River by W. Michael and Kathleen Gear. Am also reading Moon Shadows by Nora Roberts.

Last book I read was:
The Murder Room - PD James

Started new college course now so am stuck with textbooks:
Getting the kids to Behave is the current one (am training to teach!!!)

Apart from that read online Fanfics, some great writing there

I have just read "Safe House" by Meg Cabot. It is the third book in the Missing sreies. It is great fun and can be enjoyed by anyone, although it is a good idea to read "When Lightening strikes" and "Code name Cassandra" first as they set up the overall storyline for the series. Trust me if you have read her other books then you will love this one too.

Oh she's the one that wrote "The Princess Diaries" set right?

Excellent series! Although I thought "The Amber Spyglass" got a bit preachy with Pullman's world view. But any reality in which John Calvin is the POPE, well, that just makes me laugh. (Poor Luther, I don't think he exsisted in Lyra's world)

As for me, I'm reading Lyndal Roper's "The Holy Household" AKA How the Reformation screwed over women. Not quite agreeing with her thesis.

^^*giggles* Yeah, I was thinking he got very preachy too. :lol: But I nearly cried at the ending, which came to me as a big surprise. Or maybe I'm not that imaginative. :lol:

I'm reading all my past diaries. Wow, I don't really remember writing all this stuff down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back