What Are You Reading? - #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mariel

mariel CSI Level One

I'm reading Kisscut by Karin Slaughter at the moment. If you like gruesome stories I suggest you go read one of this author's books.

2. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

I've read "Belladonna" and I loved it. My friends gave it to me at my birthday. Since then I've read it about 6 times now. :D

Now I'm reading "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown again. I like that book though the ending is a bit unreal. ^^ :lol:

3. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

^^Agreed, Yurek. The ending to that book is a bit off, even though the rest of it isn't bad.

I'm currently reading Mirror, Mirror by Gregory Maguire. I just finished reading Son of a Witch by the same author. Not as riveting nor as complicated as Wicked was, but it was still good.

4. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I'm reading A Faint Cold Fear by Karin Slaughter, I'm mid way through and think it's probably her weakist book yet. The absolute worst part about it, is the chapters that are completely about Lena.

I wish she would fucking kill herself so we don't have to read about her anymore. At first she was ok, but now her charascter is just boring to read about.

5. mariel

mariel CSI Level One

Yeah, I read that one too. I don't know, I don't really hate Lena. I think her character is pretty intriguing, she's edgy and I like that. She can be a bit annoying though, but yeah, she's still one of the main characters.

6. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

So the books by Karin Slaughter are kinda one huge story just cut into several, am I getting this right? Someone told me something like that.

If it's so I also can't stand Lena. She's so... can't really describe it. She annoyed me during the whole book. Yep..

7. Calihan

Calihan Captain

You know i started a Karin Sluahgter thread in the Gen TV forum, let's continure thius discussion there.

8. mariel

mariel CSI Level One

9. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I'm reading CSI: Miami - Riptide.

10. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

I just finished CSI: Cold Burn by Max Allan Collins, and I liked it a lot :D...Now I am going to start The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold ...I hope it is a good book, too!

11. wibble

wibble Corpse

^ I've heard good things about that book Daniela, hope you enjoy it :)

12. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

I'm reading a really interesting book called '102 minutes' which is the story of the people stuck in the WTC on 9/11. It's really interesting but really sad and moving. It's tragic that if the towers had been built according to the correct building regulations than more people would have been able to get out before they collapsed.

13. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I'm reading Catilina's Riddle by Steven Saylor.
    It's the third book featuring Gordianus the Finder,a detective in the ancient Rome.
    "Gordianus becomes enmeshed in the conspiracies of Cicero (on the right) and the charismatic radical Catilina (on the left). Why do headless bodies keep turning up on Gordianus’s property? Which side in the bloody conflict will he ultimately choose?".

I already read Arms of Nemesis,the second book in the series.
    Why you never find the first book in a series at the library? I guess it's another of the Murphy's laws... :rolleyes:

14. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

Brain- Robin Cook

15. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

I should probably read that since I'm studying Latin and Ancient Rome!! I've got to spend a whole semester on Cicero next. Joy. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.