Welcome to the Forensic Science Thread!

Welcome to the newbies! :)

I actually attended this forensic DNA talk last week and it was pretty informative! I mean, I'm not an expert or anything, but the talk was geared towards people who weren't experts in the field.

Ahhh...it's great to experience real forensic science stuff! :D

Yeah, DNA really is the cutting edge of Forensic Science. My profs went to the AAFS conference last year, and they said probably 75 percent of the conference was on DNA analysis and collection.

It really is quite cool!

I really want to go to an AAFS Conference, but they're so expensive! My profs are working on getting student rates for the Utah Chapter of the International Association for Identification, they also have a conference every year. If I remember correctly, AAFS is in Seattle next year, I'd LOVE to go!

That would be really cool. I almost attended one last fall with the forensic anthropology students, but it interfered with something that I was doing so I couldn't go!

Aren't you able to become a member of AAFS as a student? I thought that I read somewhere that you could.

Yeah, I think AAFS does have a student membership. I know they have student rates for their conferences.

well, after joing this message forum sometime yesterday, still trying to find myway around here, i came across this thread.

Fantastic thread bytheway. Two years agao i completed a course in Forensic Science, and passed with 75% score. My girls think i am sick sometimes watching programmes which get graphical, but who cares. I am hoping to go to University this September to take a degree in Biomedical Science, leading to a career in Pathology, i have wanted to do this for the last 20 years, all started out with Quincy.
I love anything to do with science and maths, comes in handy for my girls homework. LOL

Keep up the good work, really glad i found this site.

Welcome to the board.....enjoy....and im glad you found it too. its always great to have more ppl to talk to about forensics! :D

Back