~Welcome To The CSI:Miami Forum!~

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 15, 2008.

1. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

Hounds of Love. Welcome to the Miami Forum!

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Welcome to the nut house, Hounds of Love. Let me try my best Elvis imitation...

[​IMG] You ain't nothin' but Hounds of Love, lurking all the time.

Grab some virtual snacks from the invisible table by the imaginary door. Grab a keyboard and have fun.

3. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Welcome, Hounds of Love! :)

4. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

Aw, thanks DreidelGuy for the Elvis impersonation, you're too funny!:lol:

5. Liesbetje

Liesbetje Dead on Arrival

Heya everybody!

I'm new here, so I thought introducing myself wouldn't be a bad idea:)
    I'm Liesbet, age 26, living in Belgium. I live in my appartment with my little doggie Basil (not like the herbs, we pronounce it differently;)) and spend my time working (as a journalist), horseriding, taking saddlery and photography courses, partying and sleeping (somewhere in between, that is)! And of course I watch CSI Miami! Since I missed a few episodes here and there, I started rewatching everything, currently I'm somewhere in S3. Emily Procter is my favourite actress in the series, I kinda like the EC-UST but I'm not a real shipper - I think.
    What else to say... I used to be a huge X-phile back in the days (talking about UST, that can count), but I'm currently changing religions;).
    You have to pardon me the mistakes in my writing, I'm nog a native speaker but I'm doing my best!

Hope to have a good time here!

6. Dynamo1

Welcome, Liesbet. Hope you have fun here. You are doing fine; you write better than some of the Americans on this board. I am curious about something. Do you watch the episodes using subtitles or are the voices dubbed into Dutch or French? If local actors speak the lines in another language, do they sound anything like the original actors?

7. Liesbetje

Liesbetje Dead on Arrival

Hey DreidelGuy,

I watch them with subtitles. I live in the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium and we have subtitles on almost every tv-show (except the shows for kids of course). That's how we continue to "learn" English after we exit school.

The French speaking part has subtitles, but I must admit I've never watched the show on a French speaking channel, so I have no idea what they sound like. From other series I know that the dubbing-voices usually don't really correspond with the original voices. So I'm glad I have subtitles :)

8. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Welcome Liesbet! Great to have you here! And your english is excellent :)

9. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Welcome Liesbet! Hope you have fun here!!! Glad to have you here!

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

A warm welcome to you, Liesbet. :) It's great to have you with us.

11. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Welcome, Liesbetje! :)

12. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

Welcome, Liesbet! And no worries, your English is probably better than mine. lol

13. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Some of you know me quite good I think from other parts of the board. Anyway, I'll introduce myself here 'cause I didn't few months ago when I got to this message board.

I was watching Miami for a long time but few changes in the series changed my mind and I gave up watching. Again I'll start to watch series 'cause I thin it's worthy. I really enjoyed the show in the early seasons. I know, it changed a lot from those days but well. I'd like to be back;) I won't post here to often but in last days I'm checking this place to get my Miami update;)

14. AP1270

AP1270 Civilian

Here's your answer DreidelGuy of what the dubbed voices look like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KTDabbG3r8 It's actually very different, feels strange when you're used to their original voice but it's Calleigh's dubbed voice the most surprising I think. I couldn't find a video where you can hear her though :(

15. Dynamo1

Thanks, AP1270. That was interesting. Horatio's voice is not too different. Maybe someone can start a thread of links to the voices in different languages.