Wallpaper Thread #8: Showcase, Links, and Requests

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Dragonfly, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

2. mitzi962000

mitzi962000 CSI Level Two

hi guys back for a day of rest, yee haa, and boy, ive come back to some amazing stuff,
    Althea i love the was, the 1st is my fave, its so hot, i hope you wont mind if i snag:drool:
    Linda another fantstic wall, the 2nd will look really perfect, with its frame on my bedroom wall, hope you dont mind snagged too:eek:
    Sam great work as well, i really love the 2nd life one, loved the others as well but that one is my fave
    csipud, your wall is gorgeous, and well made, great job:thumbsup:
    none from me at the moment, but as soon as i make them, i will get it up:guffaw:
    ps cinegirl, so glad you liked my vartann one......

3. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

Sorry guys for not being here so long, but RL is keeping me reeeaaaly busy these days...

?? :huh: I can't click them. I see JUST the thumbnails, they are not clickable. Is it just me? But I saw at least the first two in the challenge, and I thought they were really nice, especially the first one. :)

Sam222, nice walls from you too. I totally didn't recognize Gary on that cutie-wall!! :lol:

CSIsPuddingCup (dear Gosh, can I somehow abbreviate that??? :lol: ), your wall is lovely. I of course especially love the SMACK elements in it. :drool:

Jools, I really like the "Watch who you mess with" wall. That is really great! Love the skyline addition in the back. And Mac's look is fantastic! Same goes for the Flack one and the skyline. That's just plain good! :D

Mitzi, I totally have no idea who this Vartann guy is :lol:, but I also adore the wall. It has great style!

MacsLovelyAngel (again, do you have a nick?), your "words are never needed" wall is lovely. I really like the arrangement. :D One hint: I would fade out the borders of the right pic a bit more to blend the fringes more into the background. :thumbsup: The MacTaylor with the frame around it is also just gorgeous.

Shazza, your walls are really good. I really like your colour work. Looks fantastic! :D Also one hint for you: The text is a bit plain and kinda works against your smooth colouring/arrangement. How about tightening the space between the lines on a couple of px, doing them in a different coulour then black, like dark pinkish for the Greggo one and blend them into the back with e.g. the layer option "Overlay"? :thumbsup:

Sidlreiana, I really like your wall. Great colour and text work. Nice arrangement overall.

Beccie, once more, your walls from last challenge rocked. I especially like the first one with Grissom and Nick. :D

Kaylyne, nice work on your group wall. You just got the atmosphere in there. Good shot! :)

I hope you guys don't mind, if I stray in some helpful comments on how to improve here or there. Cause if so, I stop it, but I for myself always like constructive critisism cause it will make me better in the end! :D

Two from me, one got into the no ppl challenge, the other one I skipped to enter:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the winner one from last challenge :D :
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!

4. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Wow BonaTaylor those walls are fantastic, I especially love the style of the 2nd one, it's awesome, the Smacked on is cute too, I like the style you used on it too, they are all fabulous, well done!! :D

5. MelC

MelC Police Officer

I really like your wallpapers, BonaTaylor! Especially the first one, love the simplicity of it! And the font really stands out! Really fantastic! :D

I dont make much wallies, too many spaces to fill... :p So, I'd appreciate your absolute honest opinion as to how to improve. If it's trash, say it's trash, I dont mind (seriously), but please do include as to WHY it's trash, and how I can improve it... ;) And if you liked it, please tell me what you liked most about it... :D And I know I post Got Marg? before but would like if more of you can comment on it...

Lyric Challenge:
    [​IMG]

No People Challenge:
    [​IMG]

CatNip:
    [​IMG]

Marg
    Marg 2
    Got Marg?

6. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Thanks Bona. That helps alot. And I don't mind constructive critisism it helps to know where I'm going wrong.

As for a nickname...MLA will do;)

I love your walls especially the SMacked one. I snagged it.

Sam..once again great job.:drool: Love Mac in any shape or form:lol:

MelC...your CatNip wall is awesome. I love the colors

CSIPudding...gorgeous walls there. Great job

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  7. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

CSIsPud, it a beautiful combination of 2 main NY ships. Love the way you went about it. ;)
    Sam, you can't bring summer in soon enough. I feel the temperature already rising. Great choice of pics :thumbsup:
    Bona Taylor, thanks for your kind words. Your walls were all awesome and hard to choose from. I'm happy for you the Smack wall one. It was my favourite :devil:
    MelC, for someone not making that many wallies, you sure did an awesome job. Well done ;)
    Linda, great work on you DuCaine wall, you keep getting better and better.

Still none from me. Study, work and hospital rides do not allow me to work on some more walls. Hopefully as of next Saturday again :(

8. mitzi962000

Bona thanks for the comments, i really appreciate it, and those walls of yours are simply stunning, you really are talented:devil:
    Linda another fantastic job, i love the photo album style, its great:drool:
    Mel C theres nothing to trash about the walls, they are amazing, the use of the photos and the different styles you used are great, keep it up, you definately got talent:thumbsup:
    Jools i hope that RL will be kind to you really soon, and that things will be back to good:(
    heres one from me for the night, thought i make it as sort of a tribute, after the season finale here in the uk last night:(
    [​IMG]

9. Detective_Burn

Detective_Burn Coroner

Sam22, great idea to use LP-lyrics. Nice work.

10. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

Thanks everyone for your nice feedback on my walls. I really appreciate you taking your time to comment. :D

As for MLAs (good nick! :D) new wall... it is lovely, dear. I really like the colour and the frame around it just fits.

Mitzi, what can I say? Once more you did an amazing wallpaper. I especially like that thingy on the top left. That looks great and totally fits into the wall. Great blending as well

MelC... how come you do so less Walls? You're great at it. I REALLY adore your Marg wall, cause it has a perfect decency to amaze me. As well your crime scene wall is extremely creative. I really like it. The picture collage (1st one) is also lovely and nicely coloured. Overall I have to say I like your work. You do great arrangements, you are very creative and show a high diversity within your walls. The colourwork is lovely and I like the way you work the text. :) One hint at last though: On the CatNip wall, I think the right band of pics seems rather dark. Double the layers and chose Screen as layer option. I also would have left a little gap on the right to add there that pinkish background colour of the rest. It would emphazise the strip then more and balance it out. The font on that strip seems a bit to tight. Lose it with reducing the text width to 80% (or chose another font, sth like Niagara or Birch) and then add some shadow behind it or some other filling option. Just to the font more off the pics. Maybe just a plain line in black behind could help as well. PM me at any time if you have any questions (All others are welcome as well if there are unsolved Photoshop-questions! :) ) Otherwise I really like that one as well. :D

11. CSIsPuddingCup

CSIsPuddingCup Witness

fantastic walls everyone!!!!

gawsh. everyones so talented.

and thank you for all the compliments on the wall :D

so for that i have another

Mac/Stella lyrics

once again. enjoy :)

12. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Aww...Ceri that Warrick wall is so stunning and sad. You've captured him perfectly in each picture. So much sadness I see in his eyes:(

CSIsPudding, that SMacked wall is gorgeous. I love the colors you've used and the lyrics are perfect. I hope it's okay I snagged it:lol:

And thank you everyone for the comp's on my walls. You have no idea how much you make me smile:)

13. mitzi962000

awww thanks Linda, glad you liked it:cool:
    csipud, another stunning wall, keep it up...
    heres another that i did quickly, as im going to be really busy with work, that i probably wont be able to get on here for a week:(:( i will try and squeeze in, to see wot you been creating, but a week of nights calls me..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  14. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

CPC - I love your Smacked wall, it looks great with NYC in the background and the lyrics fit so well with the pic, well done. :D

Mitzi - Being a huge Nicky fan, I LOVE your latest wall, it looks fantastic, I love the pics and the style, well done!! :D

15. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.