Wallpaper Challenge Thread #2

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by cinegirl, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csi_fan_uk

csi_fan_uk Police Officer

Re: Wallpaper Challenge #16: In the Lab - Winners Up!

Actually, I was going to still enter at Advanced level. Not that I think I'm *that* good but simply because I have the powerful software (PS CS2), I have tons of resources and lots of magazines and books. The only thing stopping me is my own artistic ability thus I'd join at Advanced to challenge myself. That being said, I won't be joining the next Challenge at Advanced as I'm not going to participate at all.

I totally agree. Up until now, this challenge has been great fun but I'm all CSIed out when it come to making wallpapers. There are loads of other shows I'd rather be making art for at the moment and I don't have the time to do both.

So a huge thank you to Megan for running this competition so brilliantly (also thanks to Elsie for ruuning the last round). I'll be back for the voting. Good luck to everyone regardless of what categories there ends up being. And have fun ;)

2. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

SunsetBoulevard: I would like to tell you where I got that texture, but I really don't remember. Sometimes when I see a nice texture or brush, I just save it to my computer and use it later on. I'm glad that you liked it.

And BTW, congrats to all the winners!

3. mitzi962000

mitzi962000 CSI Level Two

sorry i missed the voting, problems with my phone provider, hopefully i wont have anymore....congratulations to the winners, and well done everyone they were all great

4. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

I'm afraid I missed the voting too. Sorry. No excuse. Beautiful wps though! I love the 2nd place advanced one! Spot on! (I wish I could set my boss on fire sometimes).

Re the vote, I voted to stick with 2 categories, mainly because I think that a lot of us do feel "intermediate" rather than "advanced" and that category might get a little crowded and the advanced one might get a bit sparse. I think it might make things more complicated for the voting and the organising and the entering.

I usually enter advanced now, but if someone were to contact me and tell me that a particular wp ought to be in beginners, then I wouldn't be offended. I'd just know that I needed to up my game to be in advanced, so if that's an issue it shouldn't be. People in beginners who ought to be in advanced surely wouldn't be offended if they were encouraged to move up. I would say that it's probably lack of confidence that keeps them in beginners more than a desperate desire to win. Maybe.

And above all it should be fun and it is! What's the point, otherwise? I love playing with the pics and entering the challenges, and I know that many other people are the same. So, more fun, more challenges please, thank you so much to those of you who organise it all and... What was I saying? I think I'd get confused with three categories. I'm very old and easily confused. :confused: :lol:

5. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Congratulations to the winners!

And I've voted for sticking with two categories. Mainly because, like AliGtr said, the 'intermediate' category will get too many entries.

6. dstined4gr8ness

dstined4gr8ness Police Officer

wow..second place. I really didn't think I did that well this round. Thanks so much to everyone who voted. And congratulations to all of the other winners, they were all fantastic!!

7. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

Congrats to all winners, you did a great job! Really well done!

8. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

I've been advised that there will be three categories for the next round.

Keep in mind, this is just for fun. Also keep in mind that there was a poll, this was done in a democratic way. All precautions have been followed through, and this is our test run. If it works, people may decide to adopt it, others may not. Please don't complain and send pms to either of the mods saying how unfair things are. This is completely up to the operator of the threads, not us.

In the past, I know there's been a huge number of wallpapers, so hopefully the number of wps won't be a problem.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm the operator of the challenge, myself, or Vera.

9. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Re: Wallpaper Challenge #17: Versus - Now Up!

First of all, I appologize for the delay in getting this up. I seem to be having creative differences with my brain lately.

Now then, because of the results of the poll, we're going to try three categories/levels this time around (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced). I want to thank-you for all the imput you have given. For those of you who have voiced concerns, I understand where you are coming from on all points.
    In terms of not having enough entries, that is something that has crossed my mind. If I don't get enough intermediates, I will just ask them to move either up or down. If I don't get enough begginer or advanced, I will just combine them with the intermediate, and create two levels instead of three.
    As for people being honest and joining the category they really belong in... well, as I have discovered lately (and much to my horror, I assure you), I am a very organized person. I know pretty much where all my regular entrants should be, and I have a record of all the previous winners and their levels. So no cheating. These challenges, as has been pointed out several times, are all about fun. If it stops being fun, the challenges will stop as well. If you are uncertain as to which category to enter, ask me! I'd be happy to help out.
    [/rambling]

Wallpaper Challenge #17: Versus
    Yes, that's right, we're back to the abstract themes. So what am I looking for this time? Well, anything with a 'Versus' theme.
    Meaning: One thing against another; either or.
    Definition: Versus: 1. Against two (the champion versus the challenger) 2. in contrast or as an altervative to.
    Now, just apply it to CSI. In the spoiler box below, I've placed some ideas/suggestions/examples, that you are free to look at, and use if you wish. You may do anything from the most obvious, overall types (good vs evil, etc), or perhaps something character-related. Don't be afraid to think outside the box! Just keep in mind, no bashing of any type!
    Oh... and one other thing. Please do not use actors in this. Keep it to the shows and characters!

Rules
    [1] The deadline will be Wednesday September 5th I don't have an exact time for you, because this is the day my whole schedule changes, but it will be lateish.
    [2] Everyone is welcome to enter!
    [3] You may enter up to 3 wallpapers. Any and all CSI shows!
    [4] Please PM your entries to me, DragonflyDreamer. Please include the challenge number in the subject line, and somewhere in the pm please state if you would like to be in Beginners, Intermediate, or Advanced. If you are unsure which category to enter, check out the guidelines here. Any further questions feel free to ask!
    [5] This is an anonymous challenge. That means you may not post your wallpaper anywhere until the challenge is over, if you do you will be disqualified.
    [6] Recomended size is 800x600, feel free to make it larger if you must, but remember that it may stretch some screens and it will take longer to load, which is annoying.
    [7] No Animations, please.
    [8] As always, and most importantly, Be creative and Have Fun!

Good vs Evil; Right vs Wrong; Vegas vs Miami vs New York; Grissom vs H vs Mac; Ship 1 vs Ship 2; Grissom: Beard vs No Beard; Character 1 vs Character 2

*whew* That was a long post! Sorry about that. Have fun!

10. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

Ummm, would that be September 5th? Or August next year? (I might have thought of something by then.) :lol:

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Um... yes, that's september. Oops :rolleyes:

12. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

Great theme! I'm in!!!!!!!

13. Miss_Undercover

Miss_Undercover Judge

This is the best theme all the time ! It's wonderful !
    I have very much ideas for my wallpaper !

Thanks, DragonflyDreamer !!! I'm in - of course !

14. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Interesting theme indeed......*goes to see what DJ can muster up*

15. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

Wow that sounds interesting! I might be in for this one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.