Veasey: We're Not Going To Be Typical About It

I watch Criminal Minds! Ooh, pick me, pick me! :lol:

AJ Cook's pregnancy is being written in, so in that way it is a parallel to Lindsay on NY. JJ (AJ's character) was revealed to be pregnant toward the end of last season with a minor character that first appeared a year before. It was revealed that the two had been seeing each other privately since his first appearance. (It was a bit out-of-the-blue, but since the show didn't delve into her personal life before that, it's believable.) The father, Will, appeared last season to help with a case (and to reveal their relationship), and in the next episode we found out JJ was pregnant (although it wasn't made public for several more episodes). So the father has only been in like three episodes. Plus, they made things a bit complicated by having JJ reluctant to make their relationship public, not to mention her pregnancy, and they had a bit of friction over her taking herself out of the field in the finale and him living in New Orleans and whatnot.

^Yeah, I think the CM and WaT situations make a lot more sense, though really, it makes it look like a lot of women on crime shows don't use proper protection (or have really bad luck with condoms). :rolleyes: I think they'd be better off not writing pregnancies into crime shows, period, because somehow the implication is--erroneously of course, since it takes two to tango, but if there's anything the 08 election has proved it's that we're still inherently sexist as a society--that the woman was careless. I will save my rant for when the episode airs, but I hope that isn't the implication here.

Yeah, even though I do like the pairing I fit into that category.
I mean I wanted the cute little moments and background stuff. I didn't want to relationship to become a forefront of the show. That's why I enjoyed S2 so much. I think they should have kept that up a little longer rather than take the giant leaps they did in S3 and S4.

I mean since I'm a DL shipper I did like the big moments (also because I'm a hopeless romantic :lol:) but if I would have known that we would have ended up here I would rather they hadn't happened or didn't happen until like this season. Does that make sense?

It definitely makes sense. I didn't mind the pairing for the most part in season two--Lindsay seemed to have a bit of a crush on Danny and he seemed receptive (albeit a bit clueless, given that he was dating around at the time). But once the inexplicable switch and the angst came in season three, I quickly found them tiresome and ultimately incompatible. And the bizarre path the writers had them take--hooking up and then not explicating where the relationship stood and then having him sleep with someone else--just doesn't really add up to what happens with these spoilers, which seem kind of incongruous with everything that's come before.

In short, they had a decent beginning but everything that came after seems to be forced and unnatural, IMO.

^Yeah, I think the CM and WaT situations make a lot more sense, though really, it makes it look like a lot of women on crime shows don't use proper protection (or have really bad luck with condoms). :rolleyes: I think they'd be better off not writing pregnancies into crime shows, period, because somehow the implication is--erroneously of course, since it takes two to tango, but if there's anything the 08 election has proved it's that we're still inherently sexist as a society--that the woman was careless. I will save my rant for when the episode airs, but I hope that isn't the implication here.

Yeah, even though I do like the pairing I fit into that category.
I mean I wanted the cute little moments and background stuff. I didn't want to relationship to become a forefront of the show. That's why I enjoyed S2 so much. I think they should have kept that up a little longer rather than take the giant leaps they did in S3 and S4.

I mean since I'm a DL shipper I did like the big moments (also because I'm a hopeless romantic :lol:) but if I would have known that we would have ended up here I would rather they hadn't happened or didn't happen until like this season. Does that make sense?

It definitely makes sense. I didn't mind the pairing for the most part in season two--Lindsay seemed to have a bit of a crush on Danny and he seemed receptive (albeit a bit clueless, given that he was dating around at the time). But once the inexplicable switch and the angst came in season three, I quickly found them tiresome and ultimately incompatible. And the bizarre path the writers had them take--hooking up and then not explicating where the relationship stood and then having him sleep with someone else--just doesn't really add up to what happens with these spoilers, which seem kind of incongruous with everything that's come before.

In short, they had a decent beginning but everything that came after seems to be forced and unnatural, IMO.

Yeah it all seemed very choppy or something.
It went from this cute little fun crush to BAM a date then BAM she pushes him away then BAM he loves her and flies across the country then BAM they sleep together then BAM he sleeps with someone else and now BAM they're having a baby.

It's like wait, what??? Slow down people!

I wished they'd in the very least had some development in between the big moments.

Back