Value of CSI

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by ComicCollect_NL, Oct 14, 2010.

?

What would you like to see in CSI?

Poll closed Jan 12, 2011.
  1. A next gen CSI's with new character developments.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. More variations in cases, next to murders.

14 vote(s)
    82.4%
  3. Co-ops with the cold case department.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. My ultimate idea.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I could possibly see them phase the old characters out and bring in new ones. Like what they had going in season 9: the new CSIs (Riley and Ray) under leadership of the old (Cath, Nick and Greg). When one actor leaves, they could bring in a new one. It would make the transition easier for many to swallow in oppose to a whole new cast just out of the blue.

When Cath does leave, tptb will probably bring in someone new - that is if they don't just cancel the show at the end of the season. As time goes by, the other older characters could be written out. Sara goes back to Grissom, Greg transfers somewhere else, Hodges chases after Wendy, Robbins retires, Nick gets bitten by a spider he's playing with and dies...

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Oh excellent! I leave you alone for a minute and you go and kill Nick! :rolleyes:

:lol:

I don't know...if it turns too fast with too many new characters, it's going to be too different for me too soon, and I might lose interest.

3. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Robbins said "I'm never going to retire" - so make him get bitten by the spider.. Nick can retire (to Canada! :D).

It would depend how the new characters were introduced - I didn't like Ray at first (now I have moments of going either way on him), so if all of my favorite characters were replaced too quickly, with new characters that I didn't like right away, I'd probably just give up. It would be like a new show, and like any new show, it would have to be engaging and interesting right from the first episode - no "well, I've been watching this for 9 years and I still like the other 5 characters, so I'll give this annoying new guy a chance."

4. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

:D

I couldn't resist the opportunity to poke the Nick lovers with a sharp stick. :lol:

If they go that route, I'd want it to be gradual. I'm with you in that too much change too fast would be a show killer.

It could go like this: Cath leaves mid-season sometime. Someone new is introduced. End of the season or beginning of next has Sara say she's leaving. Bring in someone new. End of the that season, Robbins announces his retirement, SuperDave takes over. Next season has Greg transfer mid-season. Brass retires at somepoint. Hodges vanishes without a trace (get it). End of the season has Nick accidentally prick his finger on a needle or something where he gets a nasty case of cholera and dies. BAM! New show! (of course, I'd probably stop watching after Greg leaves, but I would tune in to see Nick's demise. :lol:)

Edit in response to Raynn: But if I don't kill Nick, than I can't see all the fans cry out in outrage, horror and sadness. :lol:

5. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

As soon as you said that Raynn I couldn't help but picture Nick as a Mountie. I think I'd make a trip to Canada just to see that. That would be kind of cool though. New to Thursday nights, CSI: Vancouver. Solving crimes on horseback with Nick Stokes.:lol:

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I am now picturing Nick in a mountie costume. Yum. :drool: Okay... Um... I think Nick could go back to Texas and become a Texas Ranger. Say hello to Walker for us, Nicky! :lol:

7. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

A new cast with a new backdrop in the same city sounds like another show CBS dug up from the grave and is attempting to revive, because they seem to have run out of ideas.

Hint: "Book 'em Dan-O." :D

8. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

So.. 20 years from now, "CSI: The Next Generation"? :lol:

9. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I agree. I first started watching because the premise was new and interesting, but now it's because of the characters I've come to love spending my time with on Thursday nights (and other times due to reruns). If too many of the 'old timers' leave, then so does my interest. This is the one CSI-type show I never miss because of the cast. I guess I prefer those shows that stand the test of time. I hate starting to watch a new show in the fall only to have it taken off the air a few weeks later.

10. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

I personally don't want to see well-known face disappearing from the show, but as I started with this topic. They all actors and actresses, and at sometime they're going to quit with the show. They want to do something else.

Of course, I do agree that we can't replace all in a split of second, but step by step. The idea of introducing new characters for a few episodes, like Liev Schreiber, isn't a bad idea. We'll see at the end of the season, which of the new members will stay for a long run.

If you wish to see some fimilar faces back in CSI, you can vote for it. Those, who appeared earlier in CSI, can return as the character they were, but it doesn't have to. Those, who "died", will return as a new character.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010