Value of CSI

What would you like to see in CSI?

• A next gen CSI's with new character developments.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • More variations in cases, next to murders.

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Co-ops with the cold case department.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My ultimate idea.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As said once by Warrick Brown: "I know the team will split someday....". We may not like to hear this statement, but we all this will be true. All CSI's are actors and actresses, and we all know that they'll leave someday, either due to career developments, conflicts, or whatever reasons.

I've read in many threads, also reponses at Facebook that people are not watching the show anymore, because a major actress/ actor. Do you guys remember the reason you watch the CSI in the first place? Forget about the casts.... What is the ultimate thing you would like to see in CSI?

Last edited:
I used to watch CSI for its excellent characters, interesting concept and intriguing cases. Now that two of the original cast are gone and the main focus has been on murders its lost a lot of its appeal. Nowadays I just watch it for the brief glimpses of my favourite characters, namely Greg and the supporting cast.

I would like for the older lab rats and detectives to come back, but second on the list would be LESS MURDERS! It's supposed to be a crime lab, but I can't remember the last case that didn't involve a dead body!

I liked the crime. That's what got me into it and, ultimately, what keeps bringing me back. And not just the murders. All the different crimes. They were mysteries and I loved it.

And that's something I would change, given that there are so many cases that deal with murders now.

I'm going with less murder and more trick rolls, B&E's, and kidnappings/disappearances that don't equal death. There are times that it actually makes me wonder what the difference between CSI's Las Vegas and Batman's Gotham is? :lol: The death toll, while actually fairly normal for a city of that size, seems to have way too many serial killers involved. And not just regular, Dexter-style serial killers. Those would be fine. No, we see a lot of the weird, gimmicky serial killers. Very Batman.

Anyone remember the quirky cases that didn't involve murder? The guy asleep in the backseat of his crashed car? The wife who vanished only to be found in a no-tell motel? The stolen/forged paintings? Those were fun. We need more of those.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure what you meant by a "next gen CSI with new character developments" but I do think that character development should be a main focus for CSI in the future. Viewers have already seen death/serial killers done umpteen times with either CSI or other shows. Instead of trying to get more murder in with each episode why not put more focus on how the characters react to these cases? I think more viewers would tune in for CSI if there was a character/characters that changed from week to week along with the science that we know and love.

We definitely need more variaations in the case.It's murder all the time now!!Writers have to check season 1 and get some ideas.

I'm not really sure what you meant by a "next gen CSI with new character developments"
Complete new faces with complete new backgrounds.

Now you mentioned it. Yes, the CSI team are doing nothing else than solving murders. I actually never seen an episode, which doesn't involve a death body. It wouldn't be that bad to see more and more cases, which aren't about murders.

Nice title!

The reason i watch CSI in the first place? It is or it was about to solve the cases, murder or not, with science . Yeah like many of you said, the same patern is repeating recently .Now it is all about murder and every season there is a serial killer who becomes obsessed with one of our CSIs. Ok we got it! Killing , killers, blood, serials ... What else? I guess i should vote for the second category .:)

We definitely need more variaations in the case.It's murder all the time now!!Writers have to check season 1 and get some ideas.
Writers hardly go back to the first season for ideas. The writers really need to just sit down and focus on the things that worked back then and try to replicate it with the characters/writers/production staff that they have now.
Complete new faces with complete new backgrounds.
Ohh...that's what you meant, ComicCollect. Well...I don't think that would be a good idea. Last thing CSI needs is another spin-off of the original. As much as I love CSI I would not want to see a CSI: Salt Lake City or CSI: Dallas.:lol:

CSI can't survive without the original cast members or at least some of them anyway. Look at all the discussion that happened when Grissom left or when Langston came on the show. Can you imagine the craziness if all of the cast members decided to leave?

The reason i watch CSI in the first place? It is or it was about to solve the cases, murder or not, with science . Yeah like many of you said, the same patern is repeating recently .Now it is all about murder and every season there is a serial killer who becomes obsessed with one of our CSIs. Ok we got it! Killing , killers, blood, serials ...

I completely agree. They need to lay off the murder cases. There are other major crimes that happen out there besides murders that they use to solve but not lately.

The reason i watch CSI in the first place? It is or it was about to solve the cases, murder or not, with science . Yeah like many of you said, the same patern is repeating recently .Now it is all about murder and every season there is a serial killer who becomes obsessed with one of our CSIs. Ok we got it! Killing , killers, blood, serials ...

I completely agree. They need to lay off the murder cases. There are other major crimes that happen out there besides murders that they use to solve but not lately.
Hmm...it would be interesting to see CSI do some sex crimes like SVU. Or maybe some cold cases.:)

Last night, Catherine said she goes to that shop for background on "all her sex crimes" - I just had to ask.. All WHAT sex crimes?? I would love to see something other than murder again. I'd also love to see A/B cases again, but I'm losing hope of that after last night. :(

Ohh...that's what you meant, ComicCollect. Well...I don't think that would be a good idea. Last thing CSI needs is another spin-off of the original. As much as I love CSI I would not want to see a CSI: Salt Lake City or CSI: Dallas.:lol:
Well.... no, not spin-offs... what I actually trying to say.... Kick out the existing team and replace by new ones. Following another CSI team in Las Vegas. Does this make any sense?

Well.... no, not spin-offs... what I actually trying to say.... Kick out the existing team and replace by new ones. Following another CSI team in Las Vegas. Does this make any sense?

Yeah, I don't think that would interest me. I think in the beginning it was the concept of CSI that was new and drew in the viewers. I can still remember the commercial showing Catherine and Warrick and the shoelace that was tied the wrong way for someone putting his own shoes on and thought, "Cool!! Never thought of that before!" :)

Years later, it's (for me) turned into a show where the concept is now familiar and it's the characters that I really watch for as well as the stories. And now they've done the concept in other cities with other characters, and that's worked well. I just don't see this one staying in Vegas with a new bunch of characters and being successful.

Back