Ups and Downs for the Day # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up - It's nearly the end of the day and the end of the week. After the week I've had, it's a happy time. :lol:

Down - Having to repeat myself about one hundred times to a customer. And I was still not convinced she got what I was saying after I finished the call. :eek:

Up - there might be an agreement in the UN today to end the war in Lebanon.
Down- they've been saying that for 31 days. :lol:

Up: finally, got the courage and woke up earlier, to go to the hospital...

Down: my dog threw up, again. :(

Up: It's my nameday and more people have remembered it than my b'day. I bought a cake for it.

DaWacko said:
Up: It's my nameday and more people have remembered it than my b'day. I bought a cake for it.

Sorry for asking, but what's the nameday? You've names for the days? :confused:

Dolphin said:
DaWacko said:
I guess it's like the day of your "saint" here.
So yours July 29,isn't it? ;)

Hormiga said:
Dolphin said:
DaWacko said:
I guess it's like the day of your "saint" here.
So yours July 29,isn't it? ;)

I still don't get it.

Up: Bought three magazines for the trip Sunday
Down: My brother and I had a fight..
Up: ..but then we started fighting and I pushed him.. and he fell. So I totally won!! :D
Down: I still have to do soooo much before we leave Sunday

I don't know where it's based on but every day is someone's "nameday" (except 25th Dec). So when you look at calendar, there's always someone's name. Orthodox have different ones so I guess it comes from religion somehow (based on those saints?). Alrighty, just read that here also Sami people and Swedish (speaking) people have own calendars. It's just every common names get their own day. Names are added to list, when 1000 Finns have got that name.

So 11th Aug, in calendar...after the date there's name "Sanna, Susanna" and e.g. 7th Jan has Aku,Augusti.

Up: making 750 posts!

Down: awful day - dentists messing up (filling came back out anhour after they did it), parents arguning, things like that really

Oh I hate the dentist. I'm with you on that one Golden_Smile. *hugs*

Up: I get pizza for dinner.
Down: I've been bored all day so I've been here staring at the screen. (Not that it's bad because I love it here but there's no one here. :p )

Up: Went to the dentist
Down: She got the pick stuck in my tooth and it kinda hurt. :lol:
Down: The tooth I had fixed is killing me.
Up: I talked to my gf on the phone yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back