"Unshockable" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Episode Title: 'Unshockable'
    Episode Number: 1014
    Synopsis: "When a band member of Rascal Flatts is electrocuted by his own guitar during a concert, the CSI team investigates to see if it was a case of foul play."
    Original Airdate: March 04, 2010
    Written By: Michael Frost Beckner
    Directed By: Kenneth Fink

Guest Stars:

• Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
    • Archie Kao as Archie Johnson
    • Jon Wellner as Henry Andrews
    • Will Patton as CIA Associate Director Craig Halliday
    • Gary LeVox as Gary Vernon
    • Jay DeMarcus as Stanley DeMarcus
    • Joe Don Rooney as Joe Don Rooney
    • Larry Mitchell as Officer Mitchell
    • Brent Briscoe as Travis Murray
    • Alan Ruck as Buddy Mills
    • April Bowlby as Sally
    • Dorian Christian Baucum as Palermo Medic
    • Nate Mooney as Fingerless Guy
    • Lisa K. Wyatt as Ranger Stone
    • Madison Mason as Vance Colton
    • Larry Sullivan as Officer Akers
    • Seth Gabel as Larry Colton
    • Carsten Norgaard as German Agent #1
    • Michael Nagel as German Agent #2

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

A little Behind the Scenes video with Rascal Flatts, George, & Marg. :) Courtesy of CBS.

Behind the Scenes

Susan

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yay! Finally a new episode of CSI tonight again.

4. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Here's an interview with the members of Rascal Flatts plus George and Marg with CMT. (used to stand for Country Music Television but I don't know if it still does?) It's about how filming the episode was for them.

Rascal Flatts on the Set of CSI

It looks like they all got along great and that they enjoyed their first acting experience. :lol:

Susan

ETA: Don't forget to play the video, too. :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

When they showed the guy with Greg who'd severed some fingers and the Rascall Flatts guy was looking at them and looked at his hands and said "they're not getting my fingers" I had to crack up. :lol:

Greg: Catherine, is that guy from Rascall Flatts flirting with you?

Rascall Flatts Guy: Where did you put my pants, hun? :lol:

The other RF guys show up. One of them gets a phone calling playing their song. Hurt Rascal Flatts dude says, "What is that crap?" Lead singer says: "You wrote that song." HRF guy says: I hate country music.... and then he starts bopping his head to some nearby rap music. :lol:

:lol: at Hodges crowding Ray and then saying his dad never took him fishing. Ray says maybe its because he thought Hodges was crowding him. :lol: Real subtle, Ray... but unfortunately Hodges didn't get the memo. :lol:

Woah! Loved tough Cath with the CIA guy.

:lol: at Doc not wanting Nick to cut the guitar.

Nick: Hey, just cause I'm from Texas doesn't mean I like country music.

Umm... Holy inconsistency, Batman! Writers, you need to pay more attention to your own frickin' work. Nick DOES like country music (it's George that doesn't). He was freaking listening to it and singing along to it in the frickin' car in "Grave Danger" and singing it to calm himself while he was buried. Hello! For the love of God, be more consistent! You may think we viewers don't pick up on crap like that, but we're not stupid and we do remember that stuff, so be more careful! It's highly annoying when you forget your own material and it is distracting to viewers and kind of breaks the fourth wall!

:lol: at the fan-chick.

Ray: It's illegal to shoot fish in the state of Nevada. :lol:

Episode Grade: B+ (would have been an A if it hadn't been for the writers forgetting that Nick likes country music! Sorry, but that just really annoyed the heck out of me lol).

6. Smokey

Actually, although the song might sound a bit country, Bob Neuwirth is usually just classified as a singer/songwriter along the likes of Bob Dylan. I always figured Nick didn't like country music much. ;)

As for the episode...I have even more respect now for Taylor Swift's acting. :lol: No offense to these guys...they're singers, not actors...but man, it showed.

I was totally bored with the CIA case, and even the inferences about Ray's dad weren't enough to interest me.

Things I did like? The way Nick said "Rrrrrascal Flatts!" to that girl in her apartment. :lol: And saying "guitar-topsy" to Doc. :lol:

7. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

I'm happy I'm not the only one who got annoyed with that. I was just talking to a friend about this and she thought that Nick would ask for an autograph at least. I think the writers need to sit down and watch all of the episodes again just to have the characters' personality a little more straighter than it has been.

As for the episode, I think it was pretty well done for having guest stars like Rascal Flatts. I'm happy they didn't overdo it, at least in my opinion.

8. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: I didn't think they were that bad. They were much better than that Kardashian chick that was on that NY ep a while back. :lol:

9. Smokey

Is that the only reason people think Nick likes country music? That one song? Or have there been other references? Because I've never had any inclination that he liked it.

The inconsistencies that bothered me tonight were the shots of Ray and that CIA guy in the bar. Every time they switched shots, they weren't lined up right with the previous shot. Very annoying. :( I mean, if it's that noticeable to me, what about the person who's paid to catch it?

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I did not have high expectations for this episode and I was right not too. I kept looking at the clock during this show to see how much time was left.

Overall it was a ho hum ep. The CIA story actually interested me more in this ep. It was a bit of a mystery and I liked that aspect.

I knew the bass guitar tech was guilty the moment he stepped on stage and was loving the limelight.

Moments I did like...Greg asking Catherine if the Rascal Flatts guy was hitting on her.
    Hodges getting all worried about what was on his computer after it was hacked. :lol:
    Doc saving the guitar's life from Nick. :) And then the crazy female fan scene was sort of funny.

5 out of 10 for me on this ep.

11. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I too enjoyed the CIA related case much more then the main one tonight. I don't think it was as great an episode for the hype they tried to make this out to be...but then, that is a personal observation. And I would have to agree that the guys are much better musicians then they are actors, but kudos to them for giving it a go.

The fishing comment?? I think that is the first time I can ever recall Hodges talking about his dad. Poor guy, stuck home as a kid baking cookies with his mom :lol:.

But that fan girl??? Did she faint or something when she looked at her autographed arm after Nick and Greg left??? I don't know why, but that last little scene made me laugh.

Yeah! Even my cousin, who doesn't watch the show a whole lot said "Holy Predictable" the moment buddy walked out on the stage.

Lastly! Though I can take or leave Ray, I did raise an eyebrow at the comment about his father taking a leave of absence during the height of the Vietnam War.

I give this about a 6 to 6.5 out of 10

12. GregNickRyanFan

I think there have been other mentions on the show of Nick liking country music (can't think of them offhand, but I think there were some). And I don't know who that Bob N person is, but it sounded country and it really didn't sound like the same style as Bob Dylan to me, but that's just my opinion. That comment in tonight's episode really felt more like George than Nick. :lol: It just really distracted me for a bit. :lol: I think there was even an interview one time where someone asked George if he liked country music like his character did and he said he didn't, but he didn't say that Nick didn't like it. I would think that if the questioning person were wrong about Nick's music likes, George probably would have said, "actually, Nick doesn't either", but he never said that, so... I took that to mean that Nick does like country. :lol:

And I agree that the guy who ended up committing the crime was very predictable. I knew it was him the minute the other told him to fill in for the injured member. :lol:

13. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

Well, overall I liked the episode, I guess it helps that I am a Rascal Flatts fan (as singers, more than as actors, though I did not think they did a bad job).
    There were things that bothered me, too...first and foremost being that there was not nearly enough Greg (especially after going 3 whole entire weeks with NO new Greg), I personally still feel absolutely no connection what so ever with Dr. Langston, and I thought the top CIA guy did his research for his role by watching Supernatural's spoof of CSI (my opinion-he just needed to whip the sunglasses off in an overly dramatic fashion).
    Thing I did like...the scene with Greg and Catherine when Greg asks her if the Rascal Flatts guy was flirting with her...I watched that (all too brief) moment about 15 times...Greg is incredibly sexy/playful right then :drool:! And his voice...gets me every time, but the little uh to get Catherine's attention and the whispering...even more!
    It was nice that Sara mentioned her Grissom, too:).
    Need more Greg, please and thank you!

14. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

What did she say about Grissom? I missed that part.

Thanks

15. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

MacsGirlMel- Hi! When Dr. Langston assumed the canoe would probably be at the bottom of the lake, Sara informed him that conoes today are made with floatation devices at the front and the back. Sara then said she and Grissom take canoe rides. They took one to look for bugs on their honeymoon...romance according to Grissom :lol:...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010