Trip To Your Heart

Kaunis Mies

Pathologist
This is my newest one and the first chapter might be short but it gets good so dont worry and hope you all like it...

Story Notes:

Will Katie let Nick be a part of their unborn child's life?

Author's Chapter Notes:

Katie has a secret and how will Nick react?

Chapter One

Katie Taylor had been seeing Nick Stokes for over two years and they kept rowing and so Katie decided to split up with Nick and this didnt bother Nick until Katie tells Nick " It should bother you because i'm three months pregnant with your child" and Katie walks out the door leaving Nick with this revelation that Katie was expecting his child.

Katie decided to fly back to New York and settle back into her old life and sort things out for the sake of the baby and Katie went to bed but couldnt sleep and everytime Katie closed her eyes all she could see was Nick's face full of upset and Katie realised that she had made a mistake but she didnt know how Nick was feeling either.

Nick was in bed and he kept replaying Katie's words over and over in his mind and Nick had brought his ipod to try and help him get some sleep and the song that came on was Katie's fav song and Nick's phone buzzes and Nick picks it up to find a text from Katie saying " I'm sorry and i'm really missing you so much it hurts and dont hate me xx".

Nick sent one back saying " I dont hate you and i'm just shocked about our unborn baby and i'm listening to your fav song on my ipod and i'll always care about you no matter what xxx".

Chapter End Notes:

Ooh what happens next?

Last edited:
Thanks and i was listening to a song and those words were in the song and i decided it would be a good fic name and the next chapter will be good too i hope

Thanks and i was listening to a song and those words were in the song and i decided it would be a good fic name and the next chapter will be good too i hope

That's what happens with me sometimes when I'm writing fics and can't think of a title. Recently, one title for a fic of mine (not a CSI fic) was a line from a song that was actually playing in my head LOL.

Chapter Two

It had been just over two weeks since Katie left for New York and for Nick, he realised that he was starting to miss Katie a lot but Nick didnt know what he was gonna do about it and so Nick headed off to LVPD for work and normally Nick played country music but tonight Nick decided not play country music as he wanted to try something different for a change and his friends Greg and Sara who were in the car park and Greg hears music and asks Sara " Nick normally plays country music right?" and Sara nods to Greg's question then Greg who realises it's from Nick's Tahoe coming into the car park and it leaves both Sara and Greg in a state of shock..

Nick parks his Tahoe in it's usual spot and grabs his stuff along with the music he brought with him and gets out of his Tahoe and locks it, then heads into the building and clocks in still not speaking to anyone apart from just nodding at them on the way to his office where Nick could have peace to be alone. Catherine had heard from Greg that Nick was playing different music but Catherine didnt believe Greg until Catherine heard it with her own ears and suddenly Catherine realised that Nick wasnt the same person he was two weeks before and Nick hadnt told his friends about Katie splitting up with him or even the baby.

Katie cant stop herself from thinking about Nick and wonders if she should visit Nick just to see how he is doing and Katie hopes that they can give it another go but would Nick give Katie another chance?

Nick knows that he should talk about his personal life but decides not to tell anyone what is happening with his ex Katie and so Nick wants to deal with it on his own without help from his close friends at the lab who all were very worried about him and didnt know what Nick was keeping from them......

Last edited:
Nick should talk to Catherine, I'm sure she would be able to give him some advice. :) I can't really see that conversation with anyone else though.

Knowing Nick, he probably keeps it inside. But he should ask her advice... or perhaps he could get advice from either Brass or Doc Robbins. I think either of them would be good with advice. :)

Chapter Three
---------------------

Nick's friends at the Crime Lab were becoming very worried about their friend and no-one seemed to know the reason why Nick wasnt all smiles and being his usual self but they hadnt any idea why Nick was quiet and so Nick decides to take some time off to recharge and Nick gets a text from Katie telling him " I wanna see you and i'm gonna be in Vegas in a couple of days" and this shocks Nick that Katie was coming back to Vegas.

( Couple of days later )

Katie arrives back in Vegas to visit Nick and so Katie goes to Nick's apartment and knocks on the door and Nick opens the door to find Katie there and Nick lets her inside, then Nick asks Katie " Why have you came back here?" and so Katie explains to Nick " I miss you every single day and i realised that i made a huge mistake leaving you and i want to be here with you again"...

Nick sits down after hearing what Katie has told him and Nick doesnt know what to do and so Katie wondered what Nick was gonna do and then Nick reaches up and pulls Katie down next to him and Nick tells Katie " I'm not sure if we can be together again and i want to be there for our baby and dont hate me for this" and Katie tells Nick " I dont hate you and i could never hate you cause we have a baby to think about and maybe in time, we can be together once again".

Katie had left Nick's apartment and for Nick, he knew that sooner or later that he would need someone to talk to but Nick wasnt sure who he could talk to about his feelings, so it suddenly hit Nick that there was someone he could talk to and Nick hoped that it would help him decide what to do for the best and Nick reaches for his cell phone and finds the number he is looking for and presses call and waits for them to pick up.

Who is Nick calling???.....

Kinda cliffhanger here and the next part will be in a few days or so and i'll let you figure out who it could be..

Glad they talked. Wonder who it is that Nick's calling for advice.

On another note, you can edit your posts for up to twenty four hours after posting if you need to. :)

Here's the next chapter - Enjoy

Chapter Four
---------------

Nick had decided to call someone close to him for advice on what to do and so Nick waited until the person answered the call with " Hello Nicky" and so Nick responds " I really need some advice with something serious and i dont know what i'm gonna do" and the other person on the end of the phone tells Nick " Well tell me the whole problem" and Nick tells the caller " Katie split up with me and she's pregnant and she's recently returned to inform me that she wants to have another go but i'm not sure if i wanna do that", The caller explains to Nick " If you still love her and want to be a part of your baby's life, then you know what you gotta do and hope it all works out for you" and Nick replies " Yeah thanks for the advice and i'll let you know what happens Griss" .

Nick decided to take Grissom's advice and Nick sends Katie a text " Come over - need to talk with you" and Katie gets Nick's text and wonders why he wants to see her and so Katie heads to Nick's to find out why and so Katie knocks on Nick's door and Nick opens the door and lets Katie in and so Katie asks Nick " Why did you invite me over here?" and so Nick tells Katie " I've been thinking and i had some advice from a friend and i would like to give us another shot but it's up to you if you wanna try again and i know that i shot you down before but i didnt know what i was thinking".

Katie looks at Nick in complete and utter shock then tells Nick " I'd love to give us another shot and thank you so much" and Nick smiles at Katie who then pulls Nick in for a hug and Nick hugs Katie back while feeling so happy and so Nick gives Griss a call to tell him the good news and Griss is happy for Nick. Katie feels movement with the baby and their baby moves and Nick notices it and smiles in happiness that he's gonna be a father and Nick also had Katie back with him and Nick secretly knew how lucky he was to be feeling this happy again.

( Hope you will be shocked when you see who the mystery caller is )

Nick decides to tell his friends at the lab but will it go down well or will they push Nick away?

Last edited:
Back