To Ship or Not to Ship

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

*snuggles L2MS* Yes, my dear, you just expressed my feelings perfectly. :lol:

I'm a fan of slash in general (with a few het ships on the side), but I can't say I'd trust the writers to portray them as well as I've seen fanfic writers do. I voted for three because a stubborn part of me really really wants to see my favorite ship go canon, but I was tempted to vote "Ship is for fanfic." :p

2. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

As much as I adore the Mac/Stella & Danny/Flack ship I don't want them to go cannon. If they do a lot of things dicussed in the appropriate threads will stop and I find it's much more fun to spectaculate about an extra pat on the shoulder or a longing gaze then to see it happen because with speculation there are tons of different reasons behind it. You have to freedom to think want you want but if you see it happen you'll be lead to believe what the characters are actually doing so that removes the chance of examining things. Also, we all know that relationships never last on any of the CSI shows so there's a great chance that our ship will break up so if your ship doesn't hook up there will always be a chance for them whereas with a breakup you realize that chance is pretty much gone so nobody will get hurt. Also, I prefer fan fics because with those you can write whatever your heart desires as with the show there are certain restrictions and most things that happens in a fan fic won't be brought onto the show.

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Thought I'd bump this up for all the newbies or anybody who may have missed it the first time.

4. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Whoow, thanks ICSIFan.....

Well my ship has to be cannon... Sighs, well i think it does... Follow the evidence....

Although i support all male and female slasher ships....
    Nick and Greg are my number one.

5. Tristianna

Tristianna Police Officer

I myself am a true multi shipper, shipping both slash and het ships. While a couple of my ships I would like to see go canon, most of the ships I do ship I write about. The show writers do some justice to the couples, but not nearly enough as the fanfic writers do.

6. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

I voted for the fanfic one because while I'd love one or two of my ships to happen in the show, I wouldn't be upset or cry or anything if they didn't, sometimes half the fun is thinking about all the possibility's and seeing them flirt, sometimes if it's not done well it can be a disappointment when they do actually get together. And with fanfiction you can have so much happen within reason. Although one of my ships is certainly never going to happen because one of the characters is a canon and the other is a made up.

If they focused on the personal lifes more it would ditract a bit from the show, CSI is about the show, the cases, the evidence.

7. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

I voted for the Fan Fic one, cause I know my couple's I enjoy, will never become Canon, so it make's me happy to write about it. :D

8. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I have one main ship who I would love to see together, Gris and Cath <3, but that doesn't look likely to happen anytime soon... There are 2 other ships I'd like to get together aswell, but not as much as Gris and Cath, they are Brass and Sofia and Cath and Nick. :D

So I voted number 1 for Cath and Gris <3

9. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

As much as I would love to see my OTP to happen on the show I must admit that I really don't trust TPTB! I love N/G way too much to have it ruined by the writers (no offence!) Especially since it's a slash couple so many things could go wrong. So I guess I stick with the fanfics and with my fellow shippers at the Fort.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

11. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Going to bump this up. There maybe some newbies who would like to discuss this topic.

12. Eve

Eve Pathologist

to be honest I have shipper in the every TV show I watch :D always!
    but I usually loose interest in the ship when it comes true and I can also loose interest in whole show... so it seems for me it is more fun to chase a rabbit than to catch it :D

and why I do love to ship? well, it is so excited to watch the show with the nose 5 cm of the screen and try to see every little gesture, smile, look and so on :) and then come to others shippers like me and scream "OMG! did you see that?!?! how cute was that!" :p and for me it is fun to have shipper when the show is not strictly romantic, I mean, I don't like TV shows only about living & love, I like those that have some great plot like CSI, ER or XF, where romantic relationships of the characters are just the background, not the main plot

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Very interesting thread:thumbsup:

Whenever I read the word "ship" I always think it's imagining your favourite couple on a show and thinking about it. This couple for me can be canon or not...I don't mind it. I think that in both cases you can ship.
    As for a canon couple you just think about their moments and what you would like to see in the future.
    As for a non canon couple I thnk it's just people imagining what this couple could make in the future (even if it an impossible couple like Ryan/Greg...I mean I can't imagine TPTB creating this couple for more than one reason and I'm pretty sure you'll know them;)).

As for the act of shipping usually I don't do it with my favourite shows but obviously I think that certain couples are better than others.
    I thought the same thing with CSI:Miami especially with Calleigh/Speedle(Talleigh) and then with Eric/Natalia but I've never expressed it and let's say I wasn't a strong shipper.
    Now the situtation changed slightly with the arrival of Jake and let's say my fav. couple is CaKe (a canon couple...they also live together).
    I think this is the most controversial couple of the show, although I still can't understand why.
    Anyway my idea of shipping is just to try to imagine this couple in their best moments, 'cause every couple (fictional/non-fictional or canon/non-canon) has its moments, or I simply try to imagine what their future could be.
    But the more I write or read things in this forum the more I notice that shipping is such a tough stuff....it's almost like a military camp during a war:eek:: people bashing fictional people or other couples (I'd like to remind it's all fictional and it's not real life) trying with every kind of effort to show how their couple is better than the other one, people bashing also other users of the forum 'cause they don't have the same opinion.
    That's what I can see in Miami thread but I'm pretty sure this could happen also in LV and NY ones;).
    Anyway I don't like this kind of things about shipping. If I want to ship I'd love to imagine my fav. couple in their best moments on in the future. That's my idea of shipping;)
    I also think that people should ship only in certain thread: the shipping ones and not all over the forum:).

So for the questions:
    -Do you have a fav. ship? YES
    -Why do you ship? Because I enjoy my fav. couples and their best moments;)
    -Are you a multi-shipper or not? Well I usually tend to find the perfect match for a person but I don't mind multi-shipping especially people who like multi-shipping :D