"Time of Your Death" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Ok, GSR fan here. Hi. I really felt the episode WAS heavy-handed. I won't sugar coat it, I was surprised as can be about how heavy it was. However, every now and then an ep like this comes along, and I sorta accept it. I still enjoyed the ep, and, of course, am still geeking about about the GSR, though I am confused about why it was so heavy, it was fun.

I have seen chemistry between these two since day 1. (Er... 2 if you think about it, as Sara came in episode 2), but my Dad doesn't, my mom does, but doesn't care, and my fiance is in that same boat... sees it, doesn't care... So it was an interesting night sitting and watching TV with the family tonight and getting everyone's reactions.

I thought the character moments in this ep were phenomenal, a staple of David Rambo that continues to please. The little moments between CSIs, lab techs, and our lovely Brass were all so much fun. I can't say I adored the case file, though it was interesting, it wasn't that engaging... and I was more caught up in the totally unexpected Grissom/Sara stuff.

I admire TPTB to trying to balance out all the ships as much as they do, because there are ships that I am completely against, others I don't mind (if you are in shipper central, you know my multi-ships), and that's as it is. We all are that way. If I were a non-GSR shipper I'd probably be shaking my head, sighing, too, as I do with many eps that feature pairings I don't agree with.

I'm just going to wait and see what happens. If you want to talk ship, come on over to shipper central! We'd love to have you in whatever ship thread you ship! :)

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree with everyone about the case being a bit disappointing; it wasn't super boring but it just seemed to take such a L O N G time to develop. The episode had a lot of good one-liners and I did enjoy the Grissom / Sara interaction. I didn't expect it to be quite so overt though, not sure where this could all be leading up to. I guess it comes down to who you ship whether the episode was good or bad but I do find it interesting how many different ways those "looks" were interpreted.

3. margburger

margburger Hit and Run

You think those scenes with Sara and Gil were good acting? Maybe if this was the silent movies, but yuch yuch yuch - way too heavy-handed and stupid for modern adult drama. If you don't like the science, the OC calls.
    margburger

4. Guest

Guest Guest

It was a decent episode. Nothing spectacular, but I think they're just pacing themselves until the finale. The last two episodes better deliver. =/

And am I the only one who was excited to see Julie Benz? *aheh* Maybe the CSI/Angel fanbase just doesn't cross over too much. :D

5. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

The ep was so-so and didn't hold my interest. It was nice to see a few of the other characters again. And at least the Grissom/Sara fans can rejoice now that CSI is venturing into soap opera land and granting them what they've wanted all along. I'm not a shipper so I don't really care. It's not worth complaining about--besides, if the relationship stuff becomes too bothersome, I know how to change channels or turn off the tv.

6. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

You were definitely not alone..> I remember her from Angel, Buffy, Roswell, and the great movie "Jaw Breaker" :)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey, she and David Boreanaz have now both been on a crime investigation show!

I could totally write a crossover. *FANBRAT*

And just to keep it on-topic, I didn't mind the GSR stuff so much. It seems to me that Sara's kind of been shoved to the back recently, and as strong as she is, it probably wouldn't take much more than just a few looks like that from Grissom to start to rekindle whatever feelings she had for him.

Sue me. I wanna see my characters happy.

8. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Well, Im glad my VCR decided to be a brat and not tape it. From people I've talked to, I know I wouldn't have enjoyed it .. would've like to see Judd Nelson though, I love him.

9. nibbler77

nibbler77 Victim

I think Sara had equally, if not more, knowing glances and close-ups during the three scenes that discussed fantasies. I'm not going to hand-pick which ones she threw first, because that's not my point.

Its the evidence that she never really got over her feelings for Gil, that she didn't grow beyond them as much as we were led to belive. Regardless of what Grissom may be feeling now, he still spent much of the series brushing off her desire for a more personal relationship. Even had more "relations" with other female characters, in my book. Overall, this hurt her esteem.

Her eye-flirting just seems like she is still nurturing the idea [or fantasy?] of her and Gil together. Plus, as others said, it felt heavy-handed and a little "out of nowhere". ...All I'm saying, is that if they have to go the GSR route, it would've been nice to have Gil admit he wants something-- and actually have to work at it.

10. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I think it's kinda funny how many characters on the show admit to having fantasies, or allude to them. Didn't Cath talk to Warrick about fantasies at the beginning of the season when she found out he was married? It seems to be a running theme with this show... Greg engages in fantasies all the time, be it his view of sexy women, or the whole "old era" feel of "Kiss Kiss Bye Bye" which was perfectly in tune with his "Roshamama" fantasy... I know this sounds strange, but this ep really did bring a lot of things into perspective for me in that relation... interesting.

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I don't know I watched it and honestly he didn't really even registar on my interest meter, I am serious IMO he got a kind of dull part, which is sad because they could have done some real damage with him. :)

12. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

It really was a dull part for Judd Nelson, but my family was more excited about John Michael Higgens. I wouldn't tell my dad and fiance who was in the ep, but kept hinting they'd love it. They both cheered! Gosh, I love that actor! Best in Show, A Mighty Wind, Fun with Dick and Jane! He's great!

13. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Really..? Well, that sucks :lol:

14. inmydirection

inmydirection Prime Suspect

ridiculous.

the GSR-hinting made me wanna hurl.

please, please, PLEASE for the love of all that is right in the world, let that be a total fake-out.

i may be one hell of a hardcore snickers and grillows shipper, and deep down i want both ships to happen... but i would truthfully be fine with nothing between anyone. sure is better than the potential route it's going now. bring back the science, please. it's what intrigued me most, because i know i can't do anything science-y.

... yeah, ahem. i'm a tad hostile. sorry... i think.

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Yeah tell me about it, Judd was the fall back incase the ep was about to slide, and well he fell alright, granted he did his scenes great, the problem was that you can only do so much with the material your given and well.. he fell. :lol: