This "Spoiler Lab" Is *CLOSED For Good*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Re: Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Guys, I spoke with Allen MacDonald via email, and he says the airdate is still up in the air regarding the Season premiere airdate.:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi Allen,

With all the different proposed airdate going around on the web right now for Season 9 (one being in September and the other in October), would you be able to say right now what the airdate is for the Season 9 premiere?

Thanks and take care!

Shane

His Response:

Hey Shane,

We don't know yet. It's up in the air.

Allen

So all that October hall-a-boo-loo, don't count on it yet. They obviously don't have an airdate yet!

2. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

I guess you are a Nick fan, myfuturecsi!

Interesting about Nick. I had not noticed Grissom being harder on him in S1-3 I will look out for that.

One thing I like about the show is the way everyone appears to misjudge Grissom - like in "The accused is entitled" - we the audience see the real reasons behind his actions. I for one do not think he is that emotionally disconnected. I think he is just good at keeping it in its place in a job where his objective interpretation of the evidence saves people's lives, quite literally. Putting the wrong person in jail because they appear at first glance to be the murder for whatever reason, is as wrong as the murder. Another life is ruined if you get it wrong. I like the way Grissom is *no* more biased against a homeless junky than a priest.

I would like it if they did put a completely new person into the supervisor role while Grissom is away just for the drama of it! Cath pissed, would Greg be as supported? Would Nick be allowed to contradict the boss? Would the new boss micro manage? Just a different style to see if a team spirit is disrupted or just how these people would work with just another style of leadership. They have kind of showed how it would be with Cath. I think it just might show how lucky they are with Grissom.

oooh and someone who would needle Brass so we can get some great one liners from him! Or just a supervisor who would suck up to Ecklie and make mistakes that Grissom wouldn't, especially that actually.

Just for the entertainment. Spice the inter personnel dynamics up.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Another *spoiler* site, and this is all speculative, and no one seems to know "who or what" regarding dates, or cast members, not even the writers, or their sworn to secrecy:wtf:

Titles & Air Dates Guide

http://epguides.com/CSI/

4. hammers_fan

hammers_fan Dead on Arrival

You've been talking about who takes over the boss role... can I just ask a question about Grissom's little departure during season 7. When Keppler came in, did he come as acting supervisor? or was he just a replacement CSI? I just can't remember who was the boss during those few eps Grissom was absent.

I think choosing a short-term replacement boss (probably Catherine being the logical and straight-forward choice) is a bit different to choosing the new boss for a potential Grissom-less CSI future.

5. Desertwind

That's a very good question, HMMM, I think he was just covering for Grissom and no one was in charge, but he caused chaos, within the team they were scattered, and being paranoid. Nick turned against Cath, and then they had a little secret meeting and the rest went with him, and everyone was running around not knowing what to do! but his title, [Keppler] during that period does anyone know? and I just know that Grissom wanted Warrick to be the lead, when he went away that time, and put him in charge, but how things have changed! How about Brass? or is his title just Det.

6. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I thought in Leaving Las Vegas he told Catherine she had to be back because he was leaving and she was in charge. Technically I think she is still a supervisor. At least she introduced herself as a supervisor in The Case of the Crossdressing Carp (It think it was that one).

Susan

7. anncorcam

anncorcam Victim

Keppler was brought in for days, but because the night shift was shorthanded he worked there. Catherine was acting supervisor while Grissom was away.

8. hammers_fan

hammers_fan Dead on Arrival

thanks.. and that kinda confirms to me Catherine is bound to get the supervisor's role when Grissom is away in early season 9. Now if they decide to take a different route and promote Nick then that might indicate what their long-term plans are for the role of boss. At the minute, without seeing anything of season 9 yet, I can't see them introducing another Keppler style guest star for those Grissom-less eps. There seems enough cast changes already, some coming, some going etc etc.. :confused:

9. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Catherine was acting supervisor. Keppler was just there to make up for Grissom's absence and to acclimate Keppler to Vegas. Catherine bonded with him quite quickly, and trusted him immediately. That's what caused the friction, because she went along with the reverse forensics idea and the Undersheriff botched it with the DA.

Now, can we get back to some actual real spoilers that haven't been posted a dozen times already? If I wanted to read about GSR and what's going to happen with Grissom and Sara when he goes away on Sabbatical, I'd be in Shipper Central!

10. RocketScientist

I hadn't noticed much discussion on that at all here.

It is true there are no real spoiler information coming out so I guess that means we discuss our speculations about what *could* be happening. If that is frustrating then we maybe need a thread that is just "spolier news" have somewhere where all the spoiler information from whatever source is obtainable - like on the CSI Wiki site and then have another that is "spoiler views", discussion, musings, chat?

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

The problem is that when GSR spoilers have arisen, the whole discussion board turns into a GSR love fest so thankfully our lovely moderator Destiny puts a cap on it before it gets out of hand.

And when GSR starts, anyone who has voice an opinion contrary to GSR gets shouted down and vice versa, so that's why GSR gets redirected to the Shipper thread.

As for Catherine, I get the feeling she's not as hungry to be supervisor anymore not because she can't do it but because she's had major stuff thrown at her. She said so much in season five that when it hit the fan (another word for it)Grissom was the one who had to take not her.

I think she wants to do her job and help crime victims and that's it, not that she doesn't to do it, but that she'd rather let someone else take care of the stuff that comes with being at the top. She was hungry for it until she got it, then it was like 'oh my god what did I get myself into', so now she's co-supervisor with Grissom and probably likes it better that way.

So, maybe her and Nick will become co-supervisors.

And maybe for ratings ploys TPTB will bring in a star to take over.

So it will be interesting, I'm certainly looking forward to it. I hope they get an actor like Kevin Spacey in there. That would be so cool!!!

12. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

If I remember rightly, Catherine was in charge when Grissom took time off in Season 7. Keppler was supposed to be working with Day Shift but Catherine was asked to "babysit" him for a while before he took up his real job.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I believe you are correct on that.

14. RocketScientist

Gosh, really?? That impression surprises me.

Hey do you think they will do a "Dallas" with Warrick? Have him return in a year stepping out of the shower and have the whole previous season be a "dream"? That must be a shark I see the Fonz jumping over....... oh for happier days......:guffaw:

PS if you are under 30 (bless you) you will probably be confused by all that!!! Hee hee

15. Desertwind

I'm one of the fans who's still in denial of Warrick biting the dust, annd think that Nick does save him, I sure hope I'm right, but the 'Dallas" scenerio also could happen, CM said "he'd be back and not in flashbacks":confused:they've got 3 months to adjust and change everything!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.