Things You Don't Want to See in S4

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by La_Guera, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

*crosses fingers and everything she can*

Please. I was so happy to find out Reed was a nice and most of all stable young man, I really hope they'll keep him that way...

2. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Unfortunately, TPTB have selected the wrong gender for Flack's romantic partner. :lol: But, yes, he does deserve to be getting some.

That is sad. I guess they figure someone needs to be making the cute little remarks like, "I have girlfriends to take care of that." And so, the torch gets passed now that Danny is in a relationship.

Exactly! Please don't make Danny the other half of some sweet couple that stays in every night ordering take-out and renting movies. While that's fantastic in real life, it's boring as shit on TV. That may be the relationship that is right for Lindsay, but Danny has more inherent spark than that. A higher energy level. Please don't saddle him down to her level.

I fear that out of respect for this relationship, TPTB will strip away some of what makes Danny's character so fun to watch. The sex. Danny just is the sex of the show. He's the one who gets to interview all the sexually-charged female suspects -- the ones who are wearing lingerie, the ones who have interesting sexual practices, the just plain great to look at ones, etc. He's the one the sexually aggressive women (Nixon Suicide, the dominatrix whose name escapes me) are drawn to. I imagine if he's working cases with his girlfriend, that's not gonna fly. :(

3. Kiane

Kiane Lab Technician

I don't want Pod Danny. I don't know who this person is impostering Danny. Danny used to be my IT guy on CSI NY. Bring back bad a$$ Danny!!

4. NOLAGRRL

NOLAGRRL Witness

I am now adding you to my short list of favorite people on the web EVER (Fay is also on that list)!

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

[​IMG]

6. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Ditto on the stupid Weak-OCC-Stella-ness... Want her to gain some recognition? Give her something with substance and nothing to do with romance, before I run off screaming.

Lindsay and Danny has been taken too far. And I'm saying this as a former-D/L fan. They were cute at first, but all that sex is just plain boring and annoying now. :( Plus all that cuddling is not going to any cases solved. :rolleyes:

Inconsitency is something that has been bugging the hell out of me for quite some time now... so NO, NO, NO. Leave that out!! *kicks stupid inconsistency fairy* :mad:

*Ends rant.*

Great thread & discussion, guys!

7. sydneycsi

sydneycsi Dead on Arrival

I'll get the I totally agree with everything that everyone has said so far out of the way... now just some things I wanted to add too....

DON'T WANT TO SEE:

1. Inconsistency with pretty much everything - TPTB suck so I probably shouldn't hold my breath
    2. Danny's wardrobe, I hate it what happened to the gorgeous suits he used to wear? - Is it Danny or Carmine Messer?
    3. Lindsay - enough's been said
    4. Stella - oh look another psycho is after me & I'm probably going to kill him too... - come on she's deserves better.....
    5. Flack shagging any woman cause - hey it should be me!!! - ok wishful thinking
    6. D/L - now just plain boring - The URST is so over and killing these two characters...
    7. Danny looking like he hasn't slept for a month - come on what's up with that!

:) :) :)

8. lunadeagosto

lunadeagosto Victim

HiĀ” This is my first post. Sorry if my english is broken but I'm spanish, and don't use write in English (reading, yes, writing nop)

I don't know if this is the right thread, but some people spoke about inconsistence. I've watch last summer the first season, and now I'm watching the second season.

In On the job, Danny swear for his mother's grave, in Spain this mean that his mom is dead...in USA no?? Because in second episode in second season, he jokes with Stella about his mother and his jacket, and on Louie's episode, Danny talk him about their parents and their imminent visit.

I've watch the two first news episodes, and Danny jokes about his mom...again. Is it an traslation mistake or a inconsistence??

I would like that in this season, deepen in the caracters, Danny's family, Hawkes and less D/L. Is odd, I was D/L shipper, but Lindsay in third season is unpleasant and inconsistent, and their relationship is...pse. Danny is off character in their interaction. With Flack he should be happier

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Welcome, lunadeagosto! :) Your English comes across very well. :) The issue with Danny's mother does seem to be a mix up. A lot of us thought she was dead after Danny said he'd swear on his mother's grave in "On the Job," and yet from the episodes you mentioned, it's obvious she's still alive. That was a big goof up.

And I agree with you about Lindsay...she was both unpleasant and inconsistent in third season. Danny would be much happier with Flack. :lol: It's only two eps into the season, but from his actions he hasn't seemed very happy with Lindsay so far. ;)

10. althea

althea Lab Technician

I would like to see more episodes where everyone works together skip the B story. Yes maybe we will see a little less of our favorite characters but sometimes I think when there are two stories going on everything happens so quickly and when they solve the case its just to convenient. An episode like Hung Out To Dry stands out for me you had everyone working together and the episode was plot driven. I'd like to see more of that kind of episodes that draw you in and has you hooked till the end.

11. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

You guys have summed it up pretty nicely...but I'd just like to add my two cents...Please no more Miss Self-Absorbed, Miss Self-Centered, Lindsay Monroe.

This had me laughing so hard. :lol: Yes, please give Danny back his balls. I can't stand what TPTB did to him with all the D/L story line.

I also concur that I don't want to see another 'All Access' for Stella. A strong, independent and capable woman like Stella having piss-poor taste in men is just plain tragic. Come on, I know she has more sense than that! Please!

Also, I concur that I don't want to see any more discontinuity. I hate it when TPTB introduce characters and they just disappear off the face of the Earth without any explanation, i.e. What ever happened to Jane and Maka? I really liked them.

12. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I was reading the spoiler thread and took a look at a casting list that was linked there. I was disappointed at the fact that there was so much emphasis on appearance, on the people looking 'hot' or 'stunning' or 'beautiful', especially for the female characters. It really made me wonder whatever happened to wanting people who have, first and foremost, acting chops. 'Cause, ya know, ya gotta act well to be believable, am I right?

I'd like to see much less plastic, cookie-cutter model-like people cast. Less plastic people, more real people. Regular people. People who aren't supermodels or celebrities who can't act. People who don't conform to the ridiculous Hollywood standards of physical aesthetics. People with flaws. People viewers can relate to on a level much, much deeper than the skin. Real people.

And yeah, real people who can act. I am seriously bored of watching pretty people with no personalities and celebrities who can't act to save their lives flounder along the show. I'd rather have worthwhile substance over shallow flashiness any time.

13. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Amen to that Kimmy. Why do TPTB keep on bringing these celebrities who can't act even to save their lives? I hate all that superficiality. Do these guest spots really boost the ratings? Come on, TPTB have to realize that most of those who watch the show are intelligent and discerning people. Give us some credit, will ya? I would definitely prefer substance over all that glitz. I want the show to have that old gritty edge to it again.

14. NOLAGRRL

NOLAGRRL Witness

I agree Kimmy, I think I threw up a little in my mouth when reading that. Realistic people who can act would be nicer. It doesn't seem to be helping the ratings with all your stunt casting and "stunning" "actors", let us have some grit. It is supposed to be NYC after all!

15. acrook1

acrook1 Civilian

I'm not say Lindsay is my favorite but give me break...in s3 the WRITERS came up with the lame dark secret storyline for her to work her pregnancy into the show. I like the more feisty Lindsay from s2. I like the d/l romance because they are so different from each other it's interesting.

I also like seeing into the personal lives of the characters...if every week was just a straight "solve it and be done" case it'd be SOO boring.

I'm sick of weepy, lip-pursing Stella.