"The Unusual Suspect" Discussion *Beware SPOILERS*

nickstokesfan said:
They can't retry the brother -- that's called double jeopardy.

Wouldn't they be able to re-open the case though, because of new evidence or a new testification (is that a word, by the way?), because they did that in a couple cases?

I personally thought the eppy was a little bit of a flop. I was hoping that the "secret" would be at the beginning of the show, and that would be what got them working on the case again. Hannah was really scary, just the way she presented herself and the way she testified, and how she...I don't know, she was just really scary.

Warrick's niece was v. cute though!

i didnt miss grissom or greg in this episode, but that doesnt mean i want them gone for good. since the shows been on with these characters for so long now, i wouldnt consider one character more important than the other (yes, i realize griss is the supervisor) and they want them all to get equal screen time. so either we get snippets of everybody in every single episode, or they switch it up and have more or less of each person each week.
and i dont think the lack of grissom lead to a lack of science, it was the episode. they were basically re-examining evidence that had already been processed. it was more like a cop or law show for that reason, but it probably would have turned out the same if grissom was there instead of nick (heaven forbid!) :lol:
and i am seriously the most dense person out there! i didnt pick up anything with the coin flip or nicks whole interaction with hodges. i thought he was just annoyed :lol: as he always is when hes around hodges

I just watched it again, because I missed a bunch last night .. and I noticed something funny.

During the interrogation scene of Stacy's boyfriend, Nick, Sara & the DA are behind the glass. And the DA says "Malcolm and Hannah" but the brother's name is Marlon.

That was the first episode in a long time that I watched intently from start to finish. It really held me until the end and then threw me into a tailspin - something CSI hasn't been doing for me as of late.

Rarely do I change my opinion about who committed the crime and who didn't as much as this episode. I was convinced that the brother did commit the muder but then that little girl was so convincing that I changed my opinion that she did it and on and on, etc.

I have to say that I am still unsure who actually was behind the demise.

One thing that struck me was that the brother almost looked -- unhappy (?) when he was acquitted? My thoughts are a bit out there but could it be he wanted to be convicted of this crime to show the world (and his parents) that he was smart enough to pull it off?? Could it be that his prodigy sister one-upped him again by casting a doubt that he was able to pull it off himself? I noticed how she ran for him in court when he was aquitted and he barely hugged her back?

That is why I loved this episode. There are so many factors that we will never know the outcome. I think the brother did do it but who knows? Maybe he didn't??

Have to say that George Eads is impressing me more and more as the seasons go on. He was great in this episode and worked so well with Jorja Fox who was indeed just as great. Nice to see that over the years they have mellowed and that competition thing they had is gone and they can show that even with opposing views they can stay objective and professional and still work as a team.

Warrick! My man Warrick. Nice to see you for more that one minute. I know it was a cheesy scene, but I liked the scene with Tina's niece. He can be a sweetheart and always love to see the young guns together. Give me Nick, Warrick and Sara together anyday.

Put me in the camp with the people who did not miss Grissom or Greg. It's double up time and next week those two will be featured heavily in the next episode. Not so much Nick or Sara (if any) next week and that's okay. Got my fill this week!!

Noticed the Nick snapping comment and I too thought of the day of rage diary. Dare we think that TPTB actually gave us some Grave D continuation or was Nick just as confused as the rest of us over this case? One of those things that make you go hummmmmm.......

Sara and Sophia playing nicely. Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

Nice to see Ecklie calling Nick, well Nick (not Stokes) and see him and Nick agree while Sara took the opposing view. It was great to see the CSI's, in general, conflict over a case. Far too many times it is just so cut and dry and they have overwhelming evidence. In real life, I would have to think just the opposite is true on occasions. As much as we would like to believe, they can't be right all the time and that is why this was a perfect episode. I think they struggled right along with us with trying to make a decision.

All in all, a great episode. One of the best of the season. A thinking episode. One that can be discussed over and over and have muliple conclusions and that is what CSI should be about.

i didnt see the ep , it hasnt gotten to my country yet, but nick isnt always annoyed around hodges. lately, ive had the feeling, in s6, that hodges is changing and that more people are tolerating him

This was a great episode, but I must have missed something, there was no G/S. Whats with that? That was such a creepy ending......the look of horror on Saras face was great!!

Hodges is still a bit self absorbed, especially when he goes off on a tangent. In this epi, it was great... just when you thought Hodges was mellowing out, then off he goes, and Nick just walks away from him....

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! BURN! Sara got PUNK'D!

hahah well maybe not punked, but she was sure fooled. i have to admit Hannah is quite a genius. I knew it! The episode was good but i was hoping for something a litte more. I'm not exactly sure what but to me it just felt a little lacking of something. Anways for the most part it was great.

Nick looked like he was going to deck Hodges! hahaha

Where's Grissom and Greg? Was it me or where they not there. I did miss the first 3 minutes so maybe there was a glimpse of them.

OMG I was totally convinced that Hannah did it! I thought that this episode was very cleverly written, I was very pleased with the ending especially.

Hmmm, this is what happens when I start reading in the middle. I'm lost, what coin flipping thing?? I noticed quite a few comments about weaning us off WP, WHAT?????? It was nice to finally see a new episode, enough already with the March Madness garbage, put it on ESPN and let us enjoy normal stuff.

I'm in a whining mood today, must be the weather .....It seems to me that TPTB are losing steam when it comes to this season, like it's an afterthought. The combination of characters is falling by the wayside, nothing really meaty as far as relationships, character development. Nick is looking scraggly, what is with the hair down to his nose??? Greg finally made it out to the field, and now he's disappeared from site. Hodges is almost turning into a Greg wannabe, and dare I say it, he's almost bearable... They need to develop his character more, if they're going to be giving him this much onscreen time. Come on, throw him a bone!! What happened to Archie?? AND GET GRISSOM BACK ON. What is all the speculation of WP leaving......SAY IT ISN'T SO!!

rubberwalls, rather than double posting, you can go back and edit your post. Thanks. :)

(You should be able to edit a post for around 24 hours if the system is functioning properly).

And I don't think they writers are losing steam, myself. Last night's episode was really good and really well written. With a few misses (and what show doesn't have them) I'd say it's been a really strong year so far. Much better than last season, in my opinion. :)

I have to disagree - the eppies I have enjpoyed the most this season are the ones where Grissom hasn't been seen much. Like Gum Drops and now this. The ones I've almost forgotten was the ones featuring Grissom.

I loved this episode becuase it was so relistic - I do not think every case is clean cut thanks to science.

The beauty of this eppy was that despite all the sceintific facts pointing in one direction the human factors were the ones attributing to the outcome. Brilliant.

LMAO at hodges! And regarding Nick's reaction, I think he was just reacting as anyone would---annoyed lol. I love hodges..

So many things I loved about this ep. yeah I agree, the pacing was just right. Cause lately they've been having trouble with the pacing trying to cram all characters at once.

Love how they the Nick and Sara got opposing view--that's just more realistic.

I'm starting to like Ecklie and Nick's hair :lol:

I didn't miss Griss much cause I just love Nick, Warrick, and Sara working together. Nice to have Cath there as well..

And the plot totally ROCKS! Didn't expect for the girl to say that in the end.

Hmm I disagree about Hodges turning into Greg... they got different styles of being funny. Hodges is more outrageous lol.

Lastly, give me more Nick/Sara centric eps anytime! They just work so well together...

Back