The Student Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dragonfly, Oct 20, 2008.

1. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

there is so much you can do with working in a museum. you can do what i want to do like be an archivist and conservationist or a museum educator. then there is like museum management and curatorial classes..... those are more for graduate students.

to work in a museum you'd most likely have to have some kind of degree in Art History. i wanted to major in Western European History with a focus on England and Italy and then i found the wonderful world of art (lol).

my suggestion if you really want to work in a museum in the future is find an art topic/ time period you are interested in like the Italian Renaissance or the Impressionists in Europe and France. museums look for people with expertise in one subject/time period of art.

*don't know if you knew this already, just lettin you know, try to help in a way*

2. Stee

Stee Lab Technician

wow, it's interesting to see how schools work in other countries :)

right now, im in college studying international economics, if i take the final exam im gonna be a bachelor in economics. we study maths, statistics, marketing, communication, finance etc. most of them are really interesting.
    the school has 6 +1 semesters, im doing the 3rd now. the plus 1 is gonna be compulsory work experience, hopefully somewhere abroad :D
    this week im having 4 exams...1 for each day, so im going back to learning, as the night has just started and theres much coffee left:lol:

3. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Thanks for the info ;) The school were I go doesn't really have an art history program so currently I am just majoring in History. Probably am going to have to go to grad school if that is what I want to do. At this point I have no idea what I want to do, that was an old idea I had and still have some interest in it.

Originally I was going to do something like archeology but I think that is going to be on the back burner right now.

Once again though, thanks for the information! I appreciate the help :)

4. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

if you wanna go with Archeology you would most likely need some Anthropology classes. Anthro is such an interesting field there's like 5 fields that you can study: Linguistics, Physical (this i what Breannan does on "Bones"), Cultural, Applied, and Archeology.

i'd love to do Archeology it's so disaplined and interesting. Cultural anthro is complicated. last semester at school my class studied a little bit about human origins.... that was so freakin fascinating!!!! i still remember all the complex names and everything, i had a great time studying that subject.

5. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Wow a student thread cool, just noticed :lol:

I've just started University, I'm in my first semester studying in Scotland :).

My course is Forensic Investigation and so far the only module bothering me is Business Law :(. So hard to grasp right now, but I'll get there...hopefully.

6. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I want to go back to the days of uni lie-ins and school half terms. this placement malarkey is tiring now ;) It's so weird to think of having to go back to uni next year. and I have loads of work to do for uni as well as workign full time, work on the placement, it's hard :(

7. athens

athens Coroner

I send my applications to british universities a month ago and I'm waiting for the conditions.Fortunately,the uni I want to go to responded with a 'good' enough condition :)

8. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

Congratulations! It's really annoying waiting for these replies but even more so on results day!
    Crossing my fingers for you all who are pplying this year anyone wanting to go to Nottingham Trent let me know!

9. athens

athens Coroner

I am an international student so I don't have many exams to sit/wait for results!;)

I was going to make an application for the uni of Nottingham but they want an exam to consider you:cool:

10. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

11. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

I'm attending a further school called BOS
    it's a school which you can go to when you finished an apprenticeship
    when I finish it i'll get finally my A-Level and then I want to study economics :)

12. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Last weekend I was complaining because I had to spend my weekend studying for a mid-term on monday. Well, this weekend I'm studying for 2 mid-terms on monday :lol: Not fun.

13. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Not fun at all. I thought a year out of uni on placement would keep me away from exams etc for a bit, but no. I have 3 exams coming up, at work!

again not fun!

14. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Good luck with the exams you two. :thumbsup:

I have absolutely no idea what I want to do in life, so I am basically taking everything possible at my school, which is a sub-school of the biggest university in my state.
    Right now I am have Composition, Algebra, Psychology, Computer Science, and US History after the Civil War. I would really like to take more classes so that I can get a feel for what's out there, but unfortunately my scholarship that is paying for everything won't allow me to take over 15 hours of classes, so I'm stuck. I don't really have any problems with anything except Algebra. I don't know why either, because I had Calculus in high school. I think I am making the easy stuff too hard now. :shifty:

Anyways, my mother tells me that I should work for the FBI. :lol: Funny right! I tell her she's crazy.
    My major problem is that I am super undecisive and while I may like this idea one day, I'll hate it the next.
    Maybe I'll just be a student for the rest of my life, I'd really like that. ;) Especially since I got $2400 back that was left over from scholarships.

15. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Haha student for life would be interesting, but I'd be too poor!!

Thanks for the good luck :)

I still have no idea what I want to do in life, I guess i should try and decide!