The Student Thread

I'm not either, Hollyyo...

I'm in my final year of nursing school... go me. :lol: I'll be in the real world in about 8 months or so.

i'm in the real world at the moment with my sandwich year, i love the money, but i miss accidently beign able to miss lectures, and a lie in on a wednesday!

I'm an English major currently attending a really nice private Cathloic affiliated college in Wisconsin. I think my minor is going to be Studio Art or Photography depending on what happens when I registor for classes next month.

I love the classes I have, but the papers are the biggest part that is killing me. Last week for one professor, who I have for two different classes, I had three appers due...Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Seriously thought that my fingers were going to fall off and the laptop was going to explode. :lol:

Midterms are finally over for this semester....two weeks of them is really a bit much, but yay for accelerated programs.

I finally dropped online bio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this means angst=O-V!!!!!!!!!!!

You have no idea how awesome I feel now. A HUGE burden is lifted, so now I can focus on my other classes. CRAP I just remembered that I have a speech monday! CRAP!

I have a mid-term on monday. Lucky me, I get to spend my weekend studying. That is, when I'm not at work :rolleyes:

I have loads of assignments whilst on placement, it's evil :( I'm startign to get behing too because I've not started any yet, but it's hard leaving the house at 745 and gettign back at 7 to do any work after!!

And ya HollyHo, I know how you feel about having the huge burden lifted :)- Hope the speech goes well

i am majoring in Art History at Montclaire State University in NJ.

i would like to eventually work as an educator (or as look at it a glorified tour guide) in the Metroplitan Museum of Art in NYC or as an archivist and conservationist (archive works and conserve pieces).

i'm looking to double major with Anthropology as well and minor in Film.

it seems like almost everyone here is a math or science major.... good for you guys i am the most mathimatically and scienctifically challenged it's obsured.

I am a History major with a minor in Criminal Justice at Gonzaga University in WA. Math is the bane of my existence and don't get me started on science!

Not sure I want to do yet...I do want to work in a museum at some point.

Hmm...from just skimming through it seems that I'm the only high school student posting...so far. Actually, I'm part time college, part time high school (I'm only a junior.) Right now I'm studying psychology and sociology. Psych has been amazing, and I'm hoping to take more courses on it I've learned so many new things that I have been wondering about for some time now. But overall, I'm looking to major in international relations, and if that doesn't work out political science, and if, for some reason, those both don't work out, psychology.

Hey, and if anyone knows any schools in the US with good international relations programs feel free to send me a PM! ;)

I am a Freshman in College at both Glendale Community College (for my pre-requisites) and Arizona State University in (you guessed it!) Arizona. I'm majoring in Pharmaeuticals and a minor in Registered Nursing. I love the program I'm in, and Arizona is the number three on the list for states that need the most nurses (mainly geriatrics) because of our many retirement homes we have. Not to mention Arizona is in the top five for highest paid nurses. This didn't influence my decision to become a nurse, but it was a perk ;).

I have loads of assignments whilst on placement, it's evil :( I'm startign to get behing too because I've not started any yet, but it's hard leaving the house at 745 and gettign back at 7 to do any work after!!

And ya HollyHo, I know how you feel about having the huge burden lifted :)- Hope the speech goes well

LOL I love the spelling of my screename! haha!

Guess what my speech is on? The differences between CSI the TV show and real-life CSIs. Of course. :) Too bad I haven't practiced it AT ALL. Plus I need to work on my outline as well. I forgot to cite my sources. Go me. But hey, Bio is over, so life is GOOD! :klingon:

I have holidays this week which is good, I feel like I had no break whatsoever since school started. I was fasting for the first month so it been AAAH ever since.

But I have LOADS of work to catch up on, especially coursework cause I'm behind in that for all my subjects, better get cracking :).

Im doing ALevels like shazza but im doing, Biology, Maths, Psychology and PhysicalEducation. Im enjoying them, so far, and am so pleased with the courses I chose but ive been ill lately so the works been pilling up.

Im so glad we've got the week off but so far I havent been motivated to get my pile of work done but I think im right by resting and trying to feel better so that I can get it done over the week :)

The comm. college I go to is lazy. Most of the work is done online. Right now I'm trying to write a paper for English, but for some reason it's harder this way. Plus, computers come with glitches, so it's not letting me turn my thing in.

My teacher (who's never taught before) doesn't have a computer and barely knows how to use one, so everybody in that class is having trouble with his unclear assignments. AUGH!

Im doing ALevels like shazza but im doing, Biology, Maths, Psychology and PhysicalEducation. Im enjoying them, so far, and am so pleased with the courses I chose but ive been ill lately so the works been pilling up.

Im so glad we've got the week off but so far I havent been motivated to get my pile of work done but I think im right by resting and trying to feel better so that I can get it done over the week :)

Hey natty I did Biology Maths and Psychology at A level last year before I came to Uni and trust me these are demanding courses but aslong as you stick with them the rewards at the end are truly wlrth it.
I found Math the easiest hence me doing Math at Uni but Psychology is great!! I wasn't too keen on Biology however, but I stuck with it and got my D which I'm very proud of :D

Hey natty I did Biology Maths and Psychology at A level last year before I came to Uni and trust me these are demanding courses but aslong as you stick with them the rewards at the end are truly wlrth it.
I found Math the easiest hence me doing Math at Uni but Psychology is great!! I wasn't too keen on Biology however, but I stuck with it and got my D which I'm very proud of :D
Yeh I love Maths and having a good problem to solve when there's a right or wrong (most of the time) I cant stand essays on evaluating Books etc. As for the Biology, I find it really interesting, like I do with Psychology, I seem to get interested with the most hard to memorise words- but im a geek like that :lol: I love the whole idea of how things actually work rather than just saying that something happens and not why, really interesting :)

Back