The Screentime Tallyboard

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Mar 24, 2009.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Thanks mjszud. I wasn't keeping tally,but I did feel that the screen time was more even between Eric,Calleigh and Ryan,again that made the episode more enjoyable for me. If Natalia is bought in more, it would be great.At least she did have more than a swab scene this time.
    It would have been nice if one of Horatio's scenes included Kyle.

2. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I see Ryan interact with everyone :) Glad to see more Frank, i love his quotes :lol:
    I don't know why, but i like that Horatio work with Natalia, i think he and Calleigh don't look good together anymore :(

Now tptb should do scenes with three of them, we need BRAIN STORM! :rolleyes: And someday with FOUR of them *is dreaming*

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Oddly enough, I didn't really feel like Horatio took over the episode, even though it was apparent he had the most screentime -- 6 of his single scenes were in the last 15 minutes of the epi so that may be why.
    It made the first 45 minutes feel more balanced, with the exception of Nat's 2 scenes.

lol. Ya know if they actually did these kinds of scenes then there probably wouldn't be anyone lacking screentime at all! I'll hope for next season.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I just about fainted from shock when Horatio and Calleigh had two scenes where they were standing close and actually talking to each other. :lol:

I loved Frank getting 6 scenes! That's awesome! :thumbsup:

I too would have loved for Horatio to have had a scene with Kyle and a scene where he thanked Ryan for looking after Kyle. I guess we have to assume that was done off screen. :lol:

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^ I didn't feel that Horatio took over the episode either. I always just had a problem that Ryan, Natalia and Frank were being under used so it's nice to have a few episodes were it is more even. Still needs some work as far as Natalia.Hopefully the screen time will continue to improve.It isn't even necessary that the screen time is about even every week,it can vary, sometimes maybe a story doesn't allow for the screen time. There just shouldn't be almost an entire season of characters getting nothing.
    Brain storming is a great way to help even out screentime.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I've always thought that the best way to to balance out the screentime is to have more than two people per scene. If they don't want to copy Vegas with the analyzing over the table (which I don't see why they couldn't do) then they can come up with some other way to have them all together, or 4 of them, maybe somewhere else. For example they could be at a crime scene and Natalia and Calleigh could be looking at some evidence in the living room while Eric is at the kitchen (which is visible from the living room) and H could come it and ask them something. Natalia and Calleigh could tell him about their evidence and Eric could call out and say something about his. That way they could all comment on what each is doing and there's 4 of them in there. There are just so many ways they could have more than two of them in the same room. A break room scene like the one in Dispo Day with Speed, Eric, and Cal is something I would love to see again in the show.

7. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Those are great ideas :D
    oh god, how I miss the break room scenes :( Bring it back!!!!

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

First of all I like the idea, but you know that it's too smart for CSI:Miami, don't you? :lol:

And you can't even imagine how I miss those break room scenes. We haven't had lots of them, but gosh they were soooooooooo good.
    I can also imagine a night w/ our CSIs hanging out all together, b/c we all know they spend some nights together (by Brendan's or whatever that restaurant name was :lol:), & at a certaing point of the night they all gett called out to a crime scene. Now in a scene like this we would have all the CSI (w/o H since I highly doubte we could ever see him drinking a beer :guffaw:) having fun all together & going to the crime scene all together. Of course, at the crime scene they would meet H :thumbsup:

Gosh I'm sure it's not that difficult. I mean the actors are all like a family on the set (at least that's what we know from the official interviews), what about this family on screen? :rolleyes:

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

'Dissolved'

Horatio: 17 total
    Individual: 7
    Interaction:
    Ryan- 4
    Eric- 1
    Stetler- 1
    kyle- 1
    Natalia- 1
    Tara/Ryan/Kyle combo- 2

Eric: 10 total
    Interaction:
    Frank- 1
    Ryan- 2
    Travers- 1
    Calleigh- 3
    Calleigh/Travers combo- 1
    Calleigh/Frank combo- 2

Calleigh: 10 total
    Individual: 1
    Interaction:
    Frank- 2
    Travers- 1
    Eric- 3
    Eric/Travers combo- 1
    Eric/Frank combo- 2

Ryan: 14 total
    Individual: 1
    Interaction:
    Horatio- 4
    Eric- 2
    Tara- 2
    Tara/Stetler combo- 1
    Tara/Kyle combo- 2
    Tara/Kyle/Horatio combo- 2

Natalia: 1 total
    Interaction: Horatio
    Excuse me for a moment ....:scream::evil::brickwall::brickwall::censored:

Ok. Carrying on.....

Frank: 5 total
    Interaction:
    Calleigh- 2
    Eric- 1
    Calleigh/Eric combo- 2

Tara: 9 total
    Individual: 2
    Interaction:
    Ryan- 2
    Ryan/Stetler combo- 1
    Ryan/Kyle combo- 2
    Ryan/Kyle/Horatio combo- 2

Kyle: 5 total
    Interaction:
    Horatio- 1
    Tara/Ryan combo- 2
    Tara/Ryan/Horatio combo- 2

10. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

So it looks like they are managing to work out the screen time a bit more (ok at least with Ryan anyway)

I have to laugh, mjszud, at your Natalia icons....too funny:lol:. I agree one scene AGAIN, but more and more I'm thinking this is an ELR thing and not a TPTB thing. It just doesn't make sense otherwise.

Ryan got more scenes than Eric and Calleigh. I can't tell you how happy that makes me. Not because I'm a Ryan fan, because I'm not, but because that means he's finally getting the screen time others want him to have. Now if they could just work it out with Natalia already things would be sooooo much better.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Really,why so little screen time for Natalia?
    The time seems to be worked out better for everyone else which just proves it can be done.Ryan's screen time this season is so much better than season 6. I'll say again this week as I did before, the show is just more enjoyable with the screen time divided better.
    Now if TPTB and writers can work on Natalia's screen time it would be even better.

12. GregNickRyanFan

Editing because my thoughts didn't come across very clear the first time around. I apologize for not coming across well. It was almost eleven pm here and I was tired. My internal clock is all screwy though cause I find it hard to be able to sleep before midnight/one a.m. no matter how tired I am. :(

I honestly don't think it was her choice simply because it isn't just a recent thing. It's happened since the beginning of the season (she only got one or two scenes in the season premiere if I recall). I do know that (if it were me) I would want to throw myself into my work if I was going through a similiar situation, but everyone is different. I still honestly believe it was the writers/ptb's choice though. I guess we'll probably never really know for sure though.

The thing is though, I think Natalia didn't get that much screentime last year either.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  13. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

Hmm, well I didn't think about that and I see where you're coming from. I could be very wrong and it's major supposition on my part as you're right if it were me I would want to be working as much as possible...but who knows. I doubt we will ever know unless an interviewer decides to ask her that question.

I will say I feel like I saw her a whole heck of a lot more in Season 6 then this Season. I know she had more than one scene in the episodes she was in (Okay I don't actually know that without popping in the season and watching it again but it just seems like it to me. ) Actually, I want to say definately she did because that's when she was qualifying to carry firearms and she did all the training for that, unless I'm getting my seasons confused.

Anyway, who knows. I just wish they would fix it already. She definately had more screen time in season four and that's when she was knew and before she was in the main lineup. :confused:

14. GregNickRyanFan

It just kind of (this season) feels like the part of the song "girls just wanna have fun" where it says "somebody takes a beautiful girl and hides her away from the rest of the world". :lol: She's been hidden in the lab a lot this season. :lol: The character's got such potential. I just wish the writers would utilize it to the fullest.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  15. luf100

luf100 Coroner

:adore: Hahaha I love Cal and Eric but it makes me so happy that Ryan got four more scenes than both of them, and only 3 less than Horatio. :lol: I'm so happy with Ryan's screentime this season. :thumbsup:

I'm thinking the same as the other people who are thinking that Natalia's lack of screen time is Eva La Rue's decision. It's happening so much and so often, compared to the others (I mean FRANK is getting more time than her) that I'm thinking maybe it is Eva and not TPTB making the decision. But yea, we probably will never know and none of us can assume anything. :/