The Screentime Tallyboard

^ The the screentime was really good for the CSI's.
I was pretty pleased with the division.Made the episode enjoyable. I loved that Natalia had a good amount of time.

I was pretty pleased with the division.Made the episode enjoyable
I agree.
It's wierd because the epis before had a higher number in total screentime (like in WISC - there was like a total of 50/60 scenes all together with the main cast). But this epi didn't feel like we missed out on the CSIs. The scenes were a bit longer, & there was much more dialouge that wasn't the typical "I found this", "Take this to Trace", "your guilty" , ect ect.
Very enjoyable to see more personality come out with these guys.

The screentime was pretty awesome. Ryan got more scenes than Eric? Color me shocked. And I was really pleasantly surprised at Natalia's screentime. It kind of makes up for the eps where she only had one or two scenes. :lol:

GregNickRyanFan said:
Ryan got more scenes than Eric? Color me shocked
I thinking the same thing :lol:

I'm glad that Natalia had more screentime and when episode end i was like "TPTB you can do it! You can give everyone equal screentime!" :scream: I think they should give more eps like this and only a few with character-centric (one for each character - it's 6 eps). But it just my opinion and dream :)

The screentime was pretty awesome. Ryan got more scenes than Eric? Color me shocked.

It's 'cause they put him in a pink shirt! :D How can you put Jonathan Togo in pink and then not give him enough screen time to show it off?

Plus they had him flirting with Valera, that was very important too! ;)

Wow, the numbers for "Dead on Arrival" look pretty even. Everyone seem to get (pretty much) the same screentime. I'm so happy to see Nat getting lots of scenes. What I like even more is that Calleigh had 4 individual scenes. It seems like in passed episodes she only appeared in scenes with Eric. :rolleyes: But this one she was doing her own thing. Which is why I didn't mind the little E/C scene in there. While I don't like the relationship, I don't mind it when it's small moments and the characters still get to be on their own or with others.

Wow...I posted on another thread saying how much it was nice to see the team working together again. Hence more screen time for every one. It was nice to see Natalia do more than process a tube of liquid.

As much as I love E/C I agree with you MaddyAnn it was nice to see both Eric and Calleigh doing their own thing and not so attached at the hip. It actually made the ship scene much cuter IMHO. Although I am an E/C shipper I can see how the large amounts of screen time these two have been getting lately would aggravate those who like the other main characters.

I missed the team dynamic myself but didn't realize how much until I actually watched the new epi and saw so much Nat. It was great and I'm not a big Nat fan although I'm liking her more and more now.

Kudos to you mjszud, for starting the tallyboard. I honestly didn't realize just how uneven the screen time was because H/E/C and Alexx before she left were always my favorites so I didn't really notice. I actually started to look for the scenes and count them myself when you started tracking and have to admit it's definately unbalanced. I don't mind it so much but I do understand why Ryan/Nat and Frank fans would. I do still think the lack of Nat time is more of a personal life events (i.e wedding planning, non wedding planning etc) Eva thing (I think that's ok to say :() then a purposeful choice for TPTB. Seeing the show last night makes me think that even more. It's obvious to me that TPTB definately knows how to utilize her character when she's there.

Actually watching Season 4 I want to say that they sort of fell back on the unbalanced formula with Ryan and Calleigh scenes and Horatio and Eric. Someone else said it here, I'm not sure who...sorry, about they decided to do the pair up scenes and that's when things went off kilter. I just finished watching Season 3 and 4 again and I was actually starting to get irritated at how often I saw only Ryan and Calleigh working together or only Horatio and Eric. It was the same kind of deal and I wasn't on the board then but don't know if it was as big a deal back then as well.

Anyway, overall this episode showed great balance and I hope they keep it up.

I do still think the lack of Nat time is more of a personal life events (i.e wedding planning, non wedding planning etc) Eva thing (I think that's ok to say :() then a purposeful choice for TPTB.
It's possible, but Im not really sold that that is what's been going on. This unbalanced screentime has been going on for a long time before Eva had any wedding plans & non-wedding plans.

I think maybe Corey Miller looked to vocal fans for a little inspiration in his last penned episode. There seemed to be a little bit of something for everyone, & alot of it was things spoken around here from the fans - balanced screentime, team interaction, less romance, more humor/personality, more Natalia, human Horatio. Hell, even the Wolfe Pack got Ryan in a tee.....:p

I guess we'll find out soon enough if this "balanced screentime" is something they're really working on, or if it was just a "here ya go....farewell" from CM. ;)

It's possible, but Im not really sold that that is what's been going on. This unbalanced screentime has been going on for a long time before Eva had any wedding plans & non-wedding plans.

I do see what you mean. I don't really follow ELR so I'm not sure how long she's been planning but what prompted me to say it was looking at season 6 and then how little she's actually been seen in season 7. One scene per episode if that was really scaled down and it just seemed like the only thing that made sense. You're right in that it definately doesn't make sense why Ryan and Frank got shafted as well (unless they were in the wedding party :lol: which I don't think was the case)

I think maybe Corey Miller looked to vocal fans for a little inspiration in his last penned episode. There seemed to be a little bit of something for everyone, & alot of it was things spoken around here from the fans - balanced screentime, team interaction, less romance, more humor/personality, more Natalia, human Horatio. Hell, even the Wolfe Pack got Ryan in a tee.....:p

Good point and with all the vocalism that's been going on I could see that happening, but he just generally writes good episodes anyway and they truly do seem to satisfy a good portion of the fans not just one group over the other (I wouldn't have dreamed of Ryan in a pink shirt but hey to each is own...I'm not hating:thumbsup:) Regardless it's, yet another reason why Corey will be missed.

I guess we'll find out soon enough if this "balanced screentime" is something they're really working on, or if it was just a "here ya go....farewell" from CM. ;)

Yes, I'm sure we will although they will have to tie up all this Russian mob stuff so the true test probaly won't happen until Season 8. Either way it was a nice farewell from CM. Let's hope someone was groomed who wants to write like Corey and will happily resume where he left off. One can hope. :p

'Collateral Damage'

Horatio: 18 total scenes
Individual: 10
Interaction:
Eric -3
Natalia -1
Ryan -1
Frank -1
Calleigh -2

Eric: 8 total
Individual: 0
Interaction:
Horatio- 3
Ryan- 2
Frank- 1
Calleigh -2

Calleigh: 6 total
Individual: 1
Interaction:
Horatio- 2
Dave -1
Eric- 2

Ryan: 8 total
Individual: 0
Interaction:
Horatio- 1
Eric- 2
Natalia- 1
Frank- 1
Tara -1
Tara/Kyle combo -1
Kyle -1

Natalia: 2
Interaction:
Horatio -1
Ryan -1

Frank: 6 total
Individual: 4
Interaction:
Eric -1
Horatio -1

Tara: 2
Interaction:
Kyle/Ryan combo -1
Ryan -1

Well, we can tell who dominated this episode.
Nice to see more Frank though. :p

I am glad for more Frank, he even got to open the episode. Yay for Frank! :D

Nice to see Ryan getting more scenes as well. And the interaction he had seems to be very well spread out.

Eeek...I missed Nat..that's not good. Must stop blinking. :p

There was definitely a lot of Horatio in this episode.

I really enjoyed watching the beginning of the episode through Frank. He was really awesome in this episode. Though he is really awesome in all episodes ;). I see there was a lot of Ryan, too.

Eeek...I missed Nat..that's not good. Must stop blinking. :p
Yeah, I know :rolleyes: I guess they thought last week made up for it, so this week they bumped up Frank. That's good, but they really need to work on this more. ;)

Back