The Rest In Peace & Remembrance Thread #2

Airs tonight (Thursday, August 21st), at 8pm ET/7pm CT.

Inside the Actors Studio

Robin Williams 7:00 PM on BRAVO, 1 hr 2001 TV-PG

Robin Williams discusses his films, the creative process, improvisation, his education and his family on an expanded edition of the series. Included: comments about "Mork & Mindy"; his Oscar-nominated performances in "Good Morning, Vietnam," "Dead Poets Society," "The Fisher King" and "Good Will Hunting"; "Comic Relief"; and his stand-up comedy career.

Richard Attenborough Dies at 90

He appeared in more than 70 films as an actor and directed the Oscar-winning title 'Gandhi'
Sir Richard Attenborough, whose 20-year crusade to bring the life of Mahatma Gandhi to the screen culminated in eight Academy Awards for Gandhi, including a best director Oscar for him, has died, his son tells BBC News.

A producer, director and actor, Attenborough won a BAFTA Award for his acting in 1964 (he was double nominated for Séance on a Wet Afternoon and Guns at Batasi). He won two Golden Globes for his acting in The Sand Pebbles (1966) and Dr. Dolittle (1967), and one for direction, Oh! What A Lovely War (1969).

"Richard Attenborough was one of the greats of cinema," said British Prime Minister David Cameron in a statement on Twitter.

An actor who appeared in more than 70 films, Attenborough also won the top acting award at the Berlin Festival for The Angry Silence (1960). Under his direction, a succession of actors scored Oscar nominations, including Denzel Washington in Cry Freedom (1987), Robert Downey Jr. in Chaplin (1992) and Anthony Hopkins in Shadowlands (1993).

Richard Samuel Attenborough was born Aug. 29, 1923, in Cambridge, England. He was knighted in 1976 and became a life peer in 1993. During a multifaceted career, Attenborough also served as chairman of RADA, the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts.

Attenborough co-starred with Steve McQueen in The Great Escape (1963), playing the nervy mastermind behind the escape. In 1966, he appeared with James Stewart in The Flight of the Phoenix. He followed up with two Golden Globe-winning performances in The Sand Pebbles and Dr. Dolittle (1967). Back in England, he co-starred with Shirley MacLaine in The Bliss of Mrs. Blossom (1968).

He made his breakthrough in direction in 1968 with Oh! What a Lovely War, a parody of patriotism, which was known at the time for having Beatle John Lennon in its cast. The film went on to win 16 international awards, including another Golden Globe.

Following his lifetime triumph with Gandhi (1982), he directed a number of top films, including the film adaptation of A Chorus Line (1985), the anti-apartheid Cry Freedom (1987) and the biopic Chaplin.

Following Chaplin, he made a return to the screen at the behest of longtime admirer Steven Spielberg, starring in Jurassic Park (1993) as John Hammond. He reprised the role again in Jurassic Park: The Lost World (1997) and, in a similar vein, he is featured on Universal Studios' Jurassic Park ride, assuring riders in the short film that precedes the tour that the ride is perfectly safe.

Joan Rivers dies at age 81

(CNN) -- Comedian Joan Rivers died in a New York hospital Thursday afternoon, a week after suffering cardiac arrest during a medical procedure, her daughter said.

"She passed peacefully at 1:17 p.m. surrounded by family and close friends," Melissa Rivers said in a written statement.

Rivers, 81, had been on life support at Manhattan's Mount Sinai hospital, where she was taken after she stopped breathing at the Yorkville Endoscopy clinic last Thursday.

The outpatient clinic is now being investigated by the New York State Department of Health, spokesman James O'Hara said.

Actress Molly Glynn killed by falling tree

CHICAGO - Veteran stage and television actress Molly Glynn died Saturday from injuries suffered when a tree fell on her in a forest preserve in suburban Chicago, CBS Chicago reported.

Glynn, 46, was bicycling with her husband, fellow actor Joe Foust, in the Erickson Woods Forest Preserve in suburban Northfield around 3:45 p.m. Friday when they got caught in a violent storm that toppled the tree. She died at Evanston Hospital about 18 hours after the accident, a hospital representative said.

"I couldn't save her," her husband said in a Facebook post. He called it "the darkest day" of his life.

"Things will never be the same," he wrote.

Glynn had roles on the TV series "Chicago Fire," "Boss" and "Early Edition." She was a regular on the Chicago theater scene, with at least 17 roles since 2005 for such companies as Steppenwolf, Chicago Shakespeare, Next, Northlight and Writers Theatre, where she was most recently in the cast of the national premiere of "The Dance of Death."

"Molly was a marvelous actress and a completely warmhearted and generous human being. She had grace, sophistication and a sparkling, sexy, sassy stage presence," said Michael Halberstam, Writers Theatre artistic director.

"She could transform from a princess to a flower girl in the twinkling of an eye. She was a loving mother and wife and everyone who met her fell in love with her. It is an incalculable loss to the Chicago theater community, particularly as she was in the process of emerging as one of the city's major players. She possessed a rare combination of talent, heart and beauty in all aspects of her life," he said.

Northfield Assistant Fire Chief Tom Burke said that the bicycle path was too narrow to accommodate the firetruck and ambulance dispatched to treat her, and that paramedics had to hike a half-mile to reach her.

Cook County Forest Preserve Police are investigating.

Chicago also lost another well-known local stage presence, Bernie Yvon who died Saturday when a tractor-trailer ran over his car as he drove to rehearsals in Munster, Ind.

Police in Munster said that Yvon, 50, was southbound on Calumet Avenue, waiting to make a left turn at 11:05 a.m. Saturday, when a northbound semi-trailer truck ran over and came to rest on his car. The accident apparently occurred within walking distance of the theater he was driving to.

Not atypical of the reaction was that at Chicago Shakespeare Theatre, which halted technical rehearsals for "King Lear" when they learned of the deaths. Actor Lance Baker wrote on Facebook that "a large dark cloud hovers over a great many of us involved in Chicago theater."

The 50-year-old Yvon was a fixture in Chicago-area musicals.

"Moonraker" was one of my first ever Bond movies!

James Bond Villain Richard Kiel Dies at 74

Richard Kiel, the 7-foot-2 actor who most famously played the villainous Jaws in two James Bond films starring Roger Moore, The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker, and also appeared in Adam Sandler comedy Happy Gilmore, died Wednesday afternoon in a hospital in Fresno, Calif., three days shy of his 75th birthday.

TMZ first reported the news.

The actor had broken his leg earlier in the week, but it is not clear if that event is tied to his death.

Kiel had lent his voice to a James Bond videogame in 2003 but more recently had voiced Vlad for the animated film Tangled in 2010.

Before his appearances in the Bond film in the mid to late ’70s, Kiel was perhaps best known for his roles in Burt Reynolds prison football film The Longest Yard and for appearing in several episodes of The Wild Wild West as an assistant to supervilllain Miguelito Loveless (played by dwarf Michael Dunn).

Paul Revere, The Raiders Leader and Organist, Dies at 76

Paul Revere, the organist and leader of long-running classic rock band Paul Revere and the Raiders, died on Saturday in his Idaho home, the band’s official website confirmed in a letter. He was 76.

TMZ reports that he has been battling cancer since last year, though no official cause of death has been announced.

The Raiders got their start in 1963, when they released their cover of Richard Berry’s “Louie, Louie.” They would go on to release four Top Ten singles in the ’60s: “Hungry,” Good Thing” “Him or Me, What’s It Gonna Be” and, one of their biggest hits, anti-drug song “Kicks.”

In 1971, the Raiders released “Indian Reservation (The Lament of the Cherokee Reservation Indian).” The song became their biggest hit, hitting No. 1 on the Billboard chart in July 1971 and selling more than one million copies.

Despite several lineup changes in the band, including the exit of lead singer Mark Lindsay, Revere stayed with the Raiders for more than five decades.

The letter on the Raiders website, written from a fan’s perspective, remembers Revere for his memorable stage persona (the band wore outfits that were reminiscent of the Revolutionary way) and his high energy style.

“Like most people, my initial introduction to you was on television, radio and records, but none of those mediums gave me a real clue to the one-of-a-kind life force that was Paul Revere,” reads the letter.

“Sitting in an audience at my first Paul Revere and The Raiders concert introduced me to a larger-than-life dynamo of high-energy slapstick, outrageous and spontaneous humor and a genuine child-like joy.”

In July, Revere did give a glimpse to fans about his health concerns in a Facebook post.

“Even though I’ve had some health issues, nothing can stop the old man,” he wrote. “I’m like the Energizer Bunny! I jump on my tour bus and go from city to city, packing a trunk full of great Raider songs, tight pants and bad jokes – all against doctor’s orders, by the way!”

“I’ve been the worst patient these guys have ever seen, and they’ve been on me to take a break all year. So, we finally did take a break, and recorded two new singles (due out in September), but that’s not good enough for them. They want a longer break. I told them, “Hey, I’ve got to hit the road, I’m booked! And I’m bored!!”

Revere had booked dates through next year with the Raiders.

7th Heaven Actress Sarah Goldberg Dead at 40

Sarah Goldberg, best known for playing Sarah Glass on The WB/CW’s 7th Heaven, passed away Sept. 27 at the age of 40, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Though a cause of death has not been released, the Sun-Times reports that Goldberg’s mother suspects a “heart ailment.”

Then credited as Sarah Danielle Madison, Goldberg joined 7th Heaven in 2002, playing the sudden wife of Barry Watson’s Matt Camden. Watson tweeted about Goldberg’s death Tuesday:

"
#RIP Sarah. I will miss you always. Love Ya! B."
"
— Barry Watson (@realBarryWatson) October 7, 2014"

Prior to joining 7th Heaven, Goldberg recurred on Judging Amy. Following her time on the family drama, she appeared on a number of primetime dramas, including CSI and House. She also recurred on The CW’s 90210 from 2009 to 2011, playing the mother of Matt Lanter’s Liam.

Geoffrey Holder, painter, actor, dancer and Tony-winning director, dies at 84

By Matt Schudel
Washington Post
October 6

Geoffrey Holder, a multi-talented artist who was a dancer, choreographer, painter and actor, a Tony Award-winning director and designer, a memorable James Bond villain and a longtime TV commercial pitchman for 7Up, died Oct. 5 at a hospital in New York. He was 84.

The cause was complications from pneumonia, said his attorney and spokesman, Charles M. Mirotznik.

The 6-foot-6 Mr. Holder gained early renown as a dancer, leading a folk-dance troupe in his native Trinidad before moving to New York in the 1950s. He soon became a fixture in the city's theatrical and artistic worlds, known for his rich, Caribbean-accented voice and the almost limitless range of his cultural interests.

He acted on Broadway and wrote a cookbook. He choreographed works for the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater and the Dance Theater of Harlem. He won Tony Awards as director and costume designer for the 1975 Broadway play The Wiz, an all-black musical based on The Wizard of Oz.

Mr. Holder's paintings were displayed at the Corcoran Gallery of Art in Washington and other museums, and in 1973 he played a top-hatted voodoo villain in Live and Let Die, a Bond movie starring Roger Moore.

"When people ask me, 'What are you?' " he told Time magazine in 1975, "I have to say I don't know."

Despite the wide array of his achievements, Mr. Holder may have gained his widest renown for a series of commercials he made in the 1970s and 1980s for 7Up. Usually dressed in a white suit, he would pour a glass of the clear soft drink for the camera, laud it as "the Uncola" and burst into his characteristic booming laugh.

"Marvelous," he would declare in his lilting baritone. "The smell of success is never too sweet."

In 1959, Mr. Holder published a book about Caribbean folklore, "Black Gods, Green Islands," written with Tom Harshman. He would draw on island folk traditions as thematic material for much of his choreography, painting and acting.

"They're all the same thing," Mr. Holder told the News & Observer of Raleigh, N.C., in 2005. "You choreograph what you paint. You paint what you choreograph. I don't talk about it; I just create it."

One of his recurring characters was Baron Samedi, a lusty underworld spirit from Haitian voodoo traditions. Mr. Holder based his dance work "Banda" on the character, usually depicted in a top hat, tails and painted face. His menacing portrayal of the maniacally laughing Baron Samedi in Live and Let Die gave the formulaic Bond film a much-needed dramatic jolt.

In the 1970s, Mr. Holder had been the original director and choreographer of The Wiz before being replaced. When an out-of-town tryout faltered, the show's producers called on Mr. Holder to bring it back to life.

Practicing his own version of spiritual revival, he brought the cast and crew together on stage and burned incense from Trinidad while performing an exorcism rite. He restored some of the dances and costumes that had been cut from the play, including the "tornado dance," in which 100 yards of black silk unwinds from the head of a dancer. Mr. Holder's vision was rewarded with Tony Awards for best director and best costume design.

He received another Tony nomination for costume design in 1978 for Timbuktu!, a reworking of Kismet. He also directed and choreographed “imbuktu!

"Mr. Holder is a great showman," New York Times dance critic Anna Kisselgoff wrote in 1982. "At his best, he dazzles."

Geoffrey Lamont Holder was born Aug. 1, 1930, in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago. He described his father as a "salesman with brains" who encouraged his children's artistic interests.

Mr. Holder was 7 when he began dancing in a local troupe organized by his brother, and he was painting and designing costumes at an early age.

"At Carnival," he said in 1975, "every Trinidadian is a costume designer. I just grew up believing everybody could do everything."

Mr. Holder was leading a folk-dance troupe in the Virgin Islands in 1952 when choreographer Agnes DeMille met him and encouraged him to move to New York.

He appeared in the 1954 Broadway musical House of Flowers, where he met dancer Carmen de Lavallade. He proposed four days after they met, and they were married in 1955. She and a son, Leo Holder of New York, survive him.

Mr. Holder became a principal dancer in the ballet of the Metropolitan Opera in 1956, the same year he received a Guggenheim fellowship for painting. A year later, he acted in an all-black Broadway production of Waiting for Godot while also choreographing a revival of the George and Ira Gershwin musical Rosalie.

"You can't put a label on me, like a can of soup," Mr. Holder told the newspaper Newsday in 2007. "I know . . . I'm overwhelming."

Besides Live and Let Die, he had film roles in Doctor Dolittle (1967), Woody Allen's Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex* But Were Afraid to Ask (1972), Annie (1982) and the 1992 Eddie Murphy film *Boomerang, in which he played a director of TV commercials.

"I'm no snob," Mr. Holder said about the dozens of commercials in which he appeared for 7Up and other products. "The commercial is an art form unto itself. After all, you are seducing people."

Carmen & Geoffrey, a documentary about Mr. Holder and his wife, who is still performing, was released in 2005.

"I walk through doors," Mr. Holder says in the film. "If I'm not wanted in a place, there's something wrong with the place, not with me."

Geoffrey Holder obituary

She appeared on CSI: Miami episode "Simple Man", NCIS, and voiced Mirage in the animated film The Incredibles, along with a host of other TV shows and movies. Actress Elizabeth Peña is dead at the age of 55. She was an awesome talent and will be missed. :(

BREAKING: Prolific Hispanic Actress Elizabeth Peña Has Passed Away

Elizabeth Peña
has passed away. The actress, with a professional career spanning nearly 40 years, left us on the night of October 14 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. She had recently wrapped work on the first season of the El Rey Network's action series, Matador, where she played the title character's mother Maritza.

Born in Elizabeth, New Jersey and raised by her Cuban immigrant parents, Peña was destined for a career in the arts. Her father, Mario, was a playwright, director, actor, and designer in their native Cuba, who opened up the Latin American Theatre Ensemble after establishing a life for him and his family in New York. As a teen, Peña began making a name for herself as a formidable young actress in the New York theatre scene. She attended, and graduated from, the High School of Performing Arts and began her professional film career in 1978 with León Ichaso's El Super. A few years later, the ambitious Cubana would set off to try her fortunes over on the west coast.

Read the rest of the Latino Review article here and a list of her credits here.

Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at 82

NEW YORK (AP) — Oscar de la Renta, the worldly gentleman designer who shaped the wardrobe of socialites, first ladies and Hollywood stars for more than four decades, has died. He was 82.

De la Renta died at home Monday evening in Connecticut surrounded by family, friends and "more than a few dogs," according to a handwritten statement signed by his stepdaughter Eliza Reed Bolen and her husband, Alex Bolen. The statement did not specify a cause of death, but de la Renta had spoken in the past of having cancer.

"While our hearts are broken by the idea of life without Oscar, he is still very much with us. Oscar's hard work, his intelligence and his love of life are at the heart of our company," the statement said. "All that we have done, and all that we will do, is informed by his values and his spirit. Through Oscar's example we know the way forward. We will make Oscar very proud of us by continuing in an even stronger way the work that Oscar loved so much."

The late '60s and early '70s were a defining moment in U.S. fashion as New York-based designers carved out a look of their own that was finally taken seriously by Europeans. De la Renta and his peers, including the late Bill Blass, Halston and Geoffrey Beene, defined American style — and their influence is still spotted today.

De la Renta's specialty was eveningwear, though he also was known for chic daytime suits favored by the women who would gather at the Four Seasons or Le Cirque at lunchtime. His signature looks were voluminous skirts, exquisite embroideries and rich colors.

Most recently, Amal Alamuddin wore a de la Renta-designed wedding dress when she married George Clooney. And earlier this month, first lady Michelle Obama notably wore a de la Renta dress for the first time. De la Renta had criticized her several years ago, for wearing foreign designers.

First lady Laura Bush wore an icy blue gown by de la Renta to the 2005 inaugural ball and Hillary Rodham Clinton wore a gold de la Renta in 1997. On the red carpet at the Academy Awards, Penelope Cruz and Sandra Bullock were among the celebrities to don his feminine and opulent gowns. His clothes even were woven into episodes of "Sex and the City" with style icon character Carrie Bradshaw dropping his name — and comparing his designs to poetry.

"We will miss Oscar's generous and warm personality, his charm, and his wonderful talents." Bush said in a statement. "My daughters and I have many fond memories of visits with Oscar, who designed our favorite clothes, including Jenna's wedding dress. We will always remember him as the man who made women look and feel beautiful."

De la Renta's path to New York's Seventh Avenue took an unlikely route: He left his native Dominican Republic at age 18 to study painting in Spain but soon became sidetracked by fashion. The wife of the U.S. Ambassador to Spain saw some of his sketches and asked him to make a dress for her daughter — a dress that landed on the cover of Life magazine.

That led to an apprenticeship with Cristobal Balenciaga, and then de la Renta moved to France to work for couture house Lanvin. By 1963, he was working for Elizabeth Arden couture in New York and in 1965 had launched his own label.

He told the AP in 2004 that his Hispanic roots worked their way into his designs. "I like light, color, luminosity. I like things full of color and vibrant," he said.

And while de la Renta made Manhattan his primary home, he often visited the Dominican Republic and kept a home there. Vogue editor in chief Anna Wintour was a frequent visitor and she has said traveling with him was like traveling with the president. "He's a superstar," she said.

He also had a country home in northwestern Connecticut. Gardening and dancing were among his favorite diversions from work. "I'm a very restless person. I'm always doing something. The creative process never stops," he said.

As a designer, De la Renta always catered to his socialite friends and neighbors — as the designer and his wife, Annette, were fixtures on the black-tie charity circuit — but he did make occasional efforts to reach the masses, including launching a mid-priced line in 2004 and developing a dozen or so perfumes, the first, called Oscar, was introduced in 1977 and more recently, Rosamor.

He was an avid patron of the arts, serving as a board member of The Metropolitan Opera and Carnegie Hall, among others, and he devoted considerable time to children's charity, including New Yorkers for Children. He also helped fund schools and day-care centers in La Romana and Punta Cana in his native country.

The Dominican Republic honored de la Renta with the order al Merito de Juan Pablo Duarte and the order of Cristobol Colon. Here in the U.S., he received the Coty American Fashion Critics Award twice, was named womenswear designer of the year by the Council of Fashion Designers of America in 2000 and also received a lifetime achievement award from the CFDA — an organization for which he served as president in the 1980s.

In addition to his own label, de la Renta spearheaded the Pierre Balmain collection from 1993-2002, marking the first time an American designed for a French couture house, and he was awarded the French Legion d'Honneur as a Commandeur. He also received the Gold Medal Award from the king and queen of Spain.

De la Renta gave up the title of chief executive of his company in 2004, handing over business duties to the Bolens, but he remained active on the design end, continuing to show his collections during New York Fashion Week.

De la Renta also is survived by an adopted son, Moises, a designer at the company.

De la Renta's first wife, French Vogue editor Francoise de Langlade, died in 1983.

She doesn't really look like what I imagined from the voice! :lol:

Carol Ann Susi, Voice Behind Big Bang Theory's Mrs. Wolowitz, Dead at 62

Carol Ann Susi, best known as the voice of Howard Wolowitz’s unseen mother on The Big Bang Theory, has died after a short battle with an aggressive cancer, her rep confirmed Tuesday.

In addition to the CBS sitcom, the Brooklyn, N.Y., native appeared on countless TV shows during her 40-year career, including Grey’s Anatomy, Ugly Betty, That ’70s Show, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Just Shoot Me and Seinfeld.

Warner Bros. TV, CBS and the show’s executive producers — Chuck Lorre, Steven Molaro and Bill Prady — have released the following statement:

“The Big Bang Theory family has lost a beloved member today with the passing of Carol Ann Susi, who hilariously and memorably voiced the role of Mrs. Wolowitz. Unseen by viewers, the Mrs. Wolowitz character became a bit of a mystery throughout the show’s eight seasons. What was not a mystery, however, was Carol Ann’s immense talent and comedic timing, which were on display during each unforgettable appearance. In addition to her talent, Carol Ann was a constant source of joy and kindness to all. Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with her family during this time, and we will miss her greatly.”

Battlestar Galactica, Magnum P.I. Creator Glen A. Larson Dies at 77

Children of the ’70s and ’80s have lost one of their seminal storytellers.

Emmy nominee Glen A. Larson, who created dozens of hit series including Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, Quincy M.E., Cover Up, Magnum, P.I., Manimal, The Fall Guy and Knight Rider, died Friday night at age 77 at a California hospital. The cause of death was esophageal cancer.

Larson, who began his show-biz career in the 1950s as a member of The Four Preps singing group, transitioned to TV writing a decade later with an episode of The Fugitive.

His trio of Emmy nominations came in 1974 and 1975 for McCloud (as Outstanding Limited Series) and in 1977, when Quincy M.E. was in the race for Outstanding Drama Series.

Larson also composed the theme songs for several of his hit shows, including “The Ballad of the Unknown Stuntman” (from The Fall Guy), “Knight Rider Theme” and the theme from “Six Million Dollar Man.”

Legendary Director Mike Nichols Dies at Age 83

Mike Nichols, Oscar-winning director of such classic films as The Graduate, died on Wednesday night at the age of 83.

The filmmaker’s death was announced by ABC News. Nichols was married for 26 years to the network’s longtime news anchor Diane Sawyer. The cause of death was reported as cardiac arrest.

An icon in the entertainment industry, Nichols moved effortlessly between film, theater, and television throughout his career and found major success in all three realms. In addition to the many awards and honors he received in his lifetime, he was one of only a handful of entertainers to win an Oscar (for directing 1967’s The Graduate), Emmy (he won two for the HBO projects Wit and Angels in America), Grammy (for a comedy album in 1961), and Tony award. He won an astonishing 9 Tonys in all, a run that included 7 for best director starting with 1964’s Barefoot in the Park and ending with his 2012 revival of Death of a Salesman starring Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Born in Germany in 1931, Nichols escaped the Nazi regime with his family and came to the US at age 7. He became a US citizen in 1944, and began his career as part of the Chicago-based comedy group The Compass Players, alongside regular collaborator Elaine May. The duo later created the comedy act “Nichols and May,” recording three hit records between 1959 to 1962 and headlining their own Broadway show. Nichols won his first award, a Grammy, for their comedy album An Evening with Mike Nichols and Elaine May in 1962.

Nichols’ film directing career spanned over five decades, beginning with his 1966 adaptation of Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf, one of the greatest film debuts of all time. He followed that with 1967’s generation-defining youth comedy The Graduate, which earned a Best Picture nomination, but lost toIn the Heat of the Night. Nichols did win his first and only Best Director statue for the film and continued his hot streak with Catch-22 and Carnal Knowledge. He would go on to to direct such classics as Silkwood, Working Girl, and The Birdcage.

Later in his directing career, he found tremendous success in television, directing the award-winning TV movie Wit and the mini-series version of Tony Kushner’s two-part play Angels in America. A fixture on Broadway, he helmed many indelible stage productions including Barefoot in the Park, The Odd Couple, Spamalot, and the recent Death of a Salesman revival.

Nichols is survived by his wife, children Daisy, Max and Jenny, and four grandchildren.

Christine Cavanaugh, Voice Actress From 'Rugrats,' 'Babe' Dies at 51

Christine Cavanaugh, an actress who voiced Rugrats‘ Chuckie and the title character in the film Babe, has died. She was 51.

Cavanaugh passed away on Dec. 22; the cause of death is unknown, TMZ.com reports.

She worked steadily throughout the 1990s and early 2000s, lending her voice to television series including The Critic, Darkwing Duck and Dexter’s Laboratory.

Cavanaugh also appeared in guest roles on The X-Files, Cheers and ER, among others.

Per an obituary in the Los Angeles Times, Cavanaugh retired from acting in 2001.

Back