The Rest In Peace & Remembrance Thread #2

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by sandersidle, Jun 26, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

^ I think its because with Farrah it was kind of expected since everyone knew she had cancer, but Michael's death came as a complete shock. No one expected that at all.

2. Calihan

Calihan Captain

3. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

The OxyClean guy? No way.... And he was only 50,like Michael....

This has been a horrible week...no scratch that, month for celebrity deaths.

I love watching informercials (Yeah, I'm weird) and I always knew Billy Mays as the OxyClean guy. He was a part of my younger years. Watching Game Show Network, having the OxyClean or OrangeGlo or Mighty Putty commercials come on. Damn...I'm gonna miss him.

4. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

No, not Billy Mays! :(

I loved his commercials. And I was just watching his show on the Discovery Channel yesterday. How sad.
    It's just not been a good week for celebrities. :(

Oh no, I just turned on my television and one of his commericals was on...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  5. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Gale Storm, perky star of 1950s TV, dies at 87

By Bob Thomas, Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES – Gale Storm, whose wholesome appearance and perky personality made her one of early television's biggest stars on "My Little Margie" and "The Gale Storm Show," has died at age 87.

Storm, who had been in failing health in recent years, died Saturday at a convalescent hospital in Danville, said her son, Peter Bonnell.

Before landing the starring role in "My Little Margie" in 1952, Storm starred in numerous B movies opposite such stars as Roy Rogers, Eddie Albert and Jackie Cooper. After her last TV series, "The Gale Storm Show," ended in 1960 she went on to a successful singing career while continuing to make occasional TV appearances.

Storm was a Texas high schooler named Josephine Owaissa Cottle when she entered a talent contest for a radio show called "Gateway to Hollywood" in 1940. She was brought to Los Angeles for the finals, where her wholesome vivacity won over the radio audience and she was awarded a movie contract.

The contest's male winner was a lanky would-be actor named Lee Bonnell, who would later become her husband.

Born April 5, 1922, in Bloomington, Texas, Storm was only 13 months old when her father died. Her mother supported five children by taking in sewing.

Storm and Bonnell had three sons, Philip, Peter and Paul, and a daughter, Susanna.

Bonnell died in 1987, and in 1988 Storm married former TV executive Paul Masterson. He died in 1996.

6. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

My heart goes out to their families. On top of that my uncle died today. I lost 5 family members since November, including my mom, so I know how they feel. God bless. ;)

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm totally shocked at the death of Billy Mays, man I guess they happen in threes just don't hold true anymore.

Another one, I'm sure, we'll be hearing about soon is Walter Cronkite, yet another TV icon. They say he is close to death too.

Sad sad times. :(

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That's horrible and sad CSISenna god bless you too:( here's in part a note and condolences from our beloved President Obama to the Jackson family~

HE WAS A SPECTACULAR PERFORMER, WHOSE LIFE HAD SAD AND TRAGIC ASPECTS

Source TMZ.com

9. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

I try to watch the news and yet another celebrity died far too young. RIP Billy Mays. Your voice drove me nuts but you endorsed stuff that actually worked.

If it was the rough landing and the luggage falling on his head, US Airways will be in a whole heap of financial trouble once the lawsuit settles.

Aww, huggles, honey - that's a really rough patch to get through! Shalom to you and yours.

10. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Impressionist, Vegas headliner Fred Travalena dies
    Mon Jun 29, 5:55 am ET

LOS ANGELES – Impressionist Fred Travalena, a headliner in Vegas showrooms and a regular on late-night talk shows with his takes on presidents, crooners and screen stars, has died in Los Angeles. He was 66.

Publicist Roger Neal says Travalena died Sunday at his home in the Encino area after a recurrence of the non-Hodgkin's lymphoma that first surfaced in 2002.

Travalena was known for the sheer volume of celebrities he imitated, leading to the nicknames "The Man of a Thousand Voices" and "Mr. Everybody."

His act included presidents from Kennedy to Obama, musicians from Frank Sinatra to Bruce Springsteen and actors from Marlon Brando to Tom Cruise.

The Bronx native started his career in Las Vegas in 1971.

11. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I just saw that about Fred Travalena :( He was a very good impersonator.

RIP Fred

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

LORD ANOTHER ONE:wtf: always a great impressionist and could do anybody.. so young again.. I'm now stunned everyday.. who's next? may he also RIP'

13. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

This is ridiculous. So many tragic deaths. RIP to all of them. Their families are in my thoughts. May they get the respect they deserve during these trying times. Sometimes the press drives me crazy....

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Agree with you.

You know, there are some tragic years when there are lots of tragic deaths amongst famous people. It really seems that they all have to die in the same period :(

Remember 1997? That was a hell of a year :eek:. I remember that I was absolutely stunned by the death of Versace, Lady D. (the most shocking one!) and Mother Tersesa :(

I guess there are just some very bad years :(

RIP Fred and everyone else.

15. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Actor Karl Malden has died at the age of 97 :( Malden won an Academy Award for his role in A Streetcar Named Desire in 1951. In TV he will be remembered for his role in The Streets of San Francisco.

Malden was also a spokesman for American Express.

Karl Malden dead at the age of 97