The Rest In Peace & Remembrance Thread #2

That is incredibly sad and shocking. I figured an autopsy would be performed. Whether foul play was suspected or not, a cause of death has to be determined.

I wonder if her death had anything to do with the fact that she was so thin, like so many actresses? I don't want to speculate, but if it was I hope the family will release that reason so everyone stops starving themselves.

RIP, Brittany

I found out today and I'm shocked, literally crying. I loved her, she was such a great actress. RIP Brittany!

LA has to stop this awful trend. I also found out and I am totally shocked that Harve Presnell did die few months ago as well (another very good actor....gone :(). Surely, 2009 isn't their year and I do hope it's gonna end for them.

R.I.P. everyone :(

Being reported that she was suffering from flu like symptoms, and had been sick for several days, they also are reporting that she did in deed have type 2 diabetes but doubt that contributed to her death.

Her husband had been released from the hospital I believe a couple days ago when he was coming off a plane he was having trouble breathing she [Brittany] believed it might have been an asthma attack but the emt's said he was incoherant and had stopped breathing and had to be revived as of his release from what I understand his condition was not revealed.

They found prescriptions in the home, belonging to the names of the people in the home (Her, Husband and Mother) and there was nothing illegal in the home. The basics is that she died of cardiac arrest due to natural causes, they are doing a tox-screen on her but expect it to come back natural.

While she was skinny, there is a difference between being skinny and starving oneself, I too can not speculate really, but I can say that being "to skinny" myself at one point I was not starving myself but it took long time for me to gain weight to where I was comfortable. While I was skinny if you will I was and am toned. I know there is a hollywood stereo type that makes it hard to know if its a natural skinny or skinny by other means. While there are rumors as said speculating on them just fuels them. The autopsy is to be done on either Monday or Tuesday I think the facts should be in before we fuel that rumor and as we have said not speculate further on it, and concentrate on the facts that we have.

Not to mention the fact that she was a very good actress and just remember her the way she was. ;)

Alaina Reed Hall of 'Sesame Street' and '227' Dies at 63

Alaina Reed Hall, the kind-faced actress best known as Olivia for 12 years on 'Sesame Street' and who later starred on '227,' died Dec. 17 in Los Angeles after a lengthy battle with breast cancer, the Springfield New-Sun reported. She was 63.

Starting in 1976 and running up until the late 1980s, Hall was known to millions of children as photographer Olivia on the PBS show. She told the News-Sun in 2004 it was "the best job I ever had."

In 1985, she was cast in the urban sitcom '227' as Rose, the go-to friend in the neighborhood. The cast also included the always-sassy Jackée Harry and ran for five seasons.
After '227' left the airwaves in 1990, Hall made several guest appearances in shows such as 'Blossom' before scoring a lead role on the short-lived sitcom 'Cleghorne!' in 1995.

Her film credits include 'Death Becomes Her' and 'Cruel Intentions.'

Hall was also a talented singer, having began her career on Broadway ('Hair,' 'Chicago') and released a single, 'Bad for My Head,' in 1972.

---

Personally, I don't really remember her, but I hope that she is in a better place now. May she rest in peace.

I had to make sure but I remember her. She would be the one who was on the stoop talking with 'Mary' (Marla Gibbs) on 227 she also on the show had a daughter named Tiffany, she played the character Rose Lee Holloway, I think at one point (going off memory) that she became the landlord of '227' at one point.

I remember Alaina Reed Hall. I used to watch 227 all the time when it was originally on. Destiny, I think you're right about her character becoming the landlord. I seem to remember that too.

Last edited:
'Mister Ed' actress Connie Hines dies at age 78

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. – Actress Connie Hines, who played Wilbur's wife on the popular 1960s television show "Mister Ed" has died. She was 78.

Her "Mister Ed" co-star Alan Young told the Los Angeles Times that Hines died Friday at her Beverly Hills home from complications of heart problems.

Hines was best known for portraying Carol Post on the show that featured a talking horse. She wrote a section about her career in Young's 2007 book "Mister Ed and Me and More."

Born in Massachusetts, Hines also appeared in the 1960 film "Thunder in Carolina" and TV shows that included "The Millionaire," "Johnny Ringo" and "Riverboat."

Hines was married twice, the last time to Lee Savin, an entertainment lawyer and producer who died in 1995.

Folk-rocker Vic Chesnutt dies in Ga. at 45
Dec 26, 10:53 AM (ET)

ATHENS, Ga. (AP) - Vic Chesnutt, the folk-rocker whose sometimes dark reflections on life were influenced in part by a car wreck that left him paralyzed, has died. He was 45.

Family friend Christina Stuckey, who answered the phone at Chesnutt's home, confirmed the death to The Associated Press. Chesnutt's record label, Constellation Records, said in a statement on its Web site that Chesnutt died on Christmas Day, Friday.

The brief statement says "Vic transformed our sense of what true character, grace and determination are all about."

Chesnutt worked with such notable artists as R.E.M. lead singer Michael Stipe and guitarist Guy Picciotto of the punk band Fugazi.

Chesnutt said in a biography posted on his MySpace page that he came to "a whole new understanding of music" after the 1983 car crash.

He recently had toured with his Vic Chesnutt band, a "supergroup" of sorts featuring members of Canadian bands Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Thee Silver Mt. Zion Orchestra, as well as Picciotto.

"This is a truly incredible braintrust, with all these people - we've got some of the smartest and most sensitive punk rockers out there," he told the Athens Banner-Herald for a story in October.

The rocker released two albums in the past year, including "At the Cut."

However, Chesnutt had recently struggled with a lawsuit filed by a Georgia hospital after he racked up surgery bills totaling some $70,000, the Athens newspaper reported. He said he couldn't afford more than hospitalization insurance and couldn't keep up with the payments.

The problems baffled his Canadian bandmates, Chesnutt said.

"There's nowhere else in the world that I'd be facing the situation I'm in right now. They cannot understand what kind of society would inflict that on their population," he said. "It's terrifying."

DC Sportscaster, George Michael Passes away at age 70

A regular on the DC sports scene, broadcaster George Michael has died at the age of 70.
Michael was a fixture on NBC 4 and hosted "The Sports Machine." He had been off-air for a couple of years in a move that reportedly was based on employee cut-backs at the network owned and operated station.
Now, it's revealed that Michael had been battling lymphoma for two years. He died Christmas Eve at Sibley Memorial Hospital.
Plenty of touching tributes have been pouring in but we like Michael Wilbon's the best. The Washington Post reporter and ESPN host worked with George Michael for years on several local shows about the Redskins, Wizards and Capitals.
From Wilbon's column:
"Some nights he was the gumshoe reporter, some nights a carnival barker, some nights outraged at the local team, many nights a sympathetic ear, some would say a homer for the local team who could get the coach or star player to tell him something the others working the beat would hear and think, "D***, I wish he'd told me that."

I say he is a celebrity in his own right rotfl or at least for Washington Redskins Fans i suppose haha

My little sister is very upset by this tragic news:

Rock drummer found dead in his home

James Owen Sullivan, a drummer and backup vocalist for the Southern California band Avenged Sevenfold, was found dead at his home on Monday, authorities have confirmed.

Sullivan, who went by the stage name The Rev, appears to have died of natural causes, Huntington Beach police Lt. John Domingo said. Police were notified by firefighters who had responded to Sullivan's home about 1 p.m.

Sullivan was 28. The Orange County Coroner's Office is investigating the death.

Avenged Sevenfold formed in Huntington Beach in 1999. Sullivan was a member from the beginning.

Since then, the five-man group has put out four albums and won Best New Artist at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2006. The group's self-titled fourth album hit No. 4 on the Billboard 200 chart in 2007. According to a message posted by Zacky Vengeance on the band's MySpace page, the group was hard a work on a fifth album.

By Monday evening, whispers about Sullivan's death had spread to the band's fan sites on the Internet, which quickly filled with messages of condolence.​
So young. :(

Rocket expert Erik Gates died in accident at age 47

"Erik Gates, the 47-year-old rocketry expert who appeared on Discovery Channel's MythBusters died Sunday in a freak accident.

Gather reports that Gates fell 30 feet to his death through a rooftop skylight on which he and a colleague were working. Gates suffered blunt force chest injuries, but was still talking after the fall, according to the report. He died later at Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center in Thousand Oaks, CA.

Gates owned Gateco Electric and he and the company's CFO appeared as amateur experts, alongside special effects gurus Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman....

The show has since expressed its condolences on Twitter.

"Team MB wishes to express our deepest sympathies on the passing of our beloved rocket expert, Erik," the show wrote. "You were an honorary MythBuster and will be sorely missed." "

http://insidetv.aol.com/2009/12/29/erik-gates-dead-at-47/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl2|link7|http%3A%2F%2Finsidetv.aol.com%2F2009%2F12%2F29%2Ferik-gates-dead-at-47%2F

They also posted an RIP title card at the end of the show on Monday. He leaves behind a wife and three kids, along with a brother and at least one niece.

Can't wait for this year to be over - it has not been good at all. :(

From TV Guide online:

TV Producer and Executive David Gerber Dead at 86
Jan 5, 2010 07:02 PM ET
by Kate Stanhope

David Gerber, an Emmy-winning producer and executive behind series such as
Batman and thirtysomething, has died, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
He was 86.

Gerber's work on the small screen dates back to the '70s in the TV
division of 20th Century Fox. Gerber's producing credits include Police
Story and Police Woman as well as TV movies as recent as 2006's Flight 93.

During his lengthy career, Gerber received a Peabody and Golden Globe as
well as accolades from the American Film Institute and the Caucus of
Producers, Writers and Directors. Following his tenure as president of the
TV division at 20th Century Fox, Gerber also served as president of the TV
divisions at Columbia Pictures and MGM. He was responsible for notable
programs such as In the Heat of the Night and Room 222, too.

Gerber — who died Saturday at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center —
hailed from Brooklyn and graduated from the University of the Pacific.
Before making a name for himself in Hollywood, Gerber served in World War
II in the U.S. Air Corps and was held as a prisoner of war for 13 months.

Gerber is survived by his wife, Laraine.

Back