The Random Facts Thread

yeah, there was a woman called Lisa Gheradini who lived in the same area as Da Vinci, and apparently he was fascinated with her. Descriptions of her match the desriptions of the painting, but it's not known 100% for sure if it's actually her.

The koala's fingerprint is almost identical to the human fingerprint. So much so, that they can get confused at crime scenes.

The CSI's of Australia: OWNED!

Ooh. Lots of Coke facts. But that won't stop me... I'm a hard core Coca Cola drinker!

250 people have fallen off the Leaning tower of Pisa.

The word 'set' has the highest number of definitions in the
dictionary (192).

There are as many chickens on this planet as humans.

Mel Blanc, the man who played Bugs Bunny's voice, is allergic to carrots.

Sharks can live up to 100 years.

Turtles cannot die of old age.

Ski-Doo snowmobile was a typo. It was supposed to be called Ski-Dog.

Ursalia and Efisga was one of the suggested names for the country that became Canada. :)

A day on Venus is equal to 243 days on Earth.

Yeah, I got a book on weird facts too.

- It's impossible to lick you elbow.

Oh yeah. I tried that ages ago. Physically impossible. Unless you get someone else to lick your elbow. But not many people would.

Over 75% percent of people that read that fact will try and lick their elbow. (Count me as one.)

I think I may have one!!!
The book that is most shoplifted is the Bible

^Gee, you kinda figure that religious people would not steal :lol:

Among the Abipone people of Paraguay, individuals who abstain from alcohol are thought to be cowardly, degenerate and stupid(damn straight hahaha....ehehe j/k)

There are only 12 letters in the Hawaiian alphabet.

The Greek alphabet includes every letter but "y"

A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime(got milk haha)

China has more English speakers than the United States

When Heinz ketchup leaves the bottle, it travels at a rate of 25 miles per year(still too slow)

A praying mantis will eat a black widow(so what eats the praying mantis?)

It's illegal to drink beer out of a bucket while you're sitting on a curb in St. Louis

A man sued his doctor because his doctor had said that he would already be dead from his cancer

Cattle are the only mammals that pee backwards.

Tipping at a restaurant in Iceland is considered an insult.

More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.

A jiffy is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second. Thus the saying, I will be there in a jiffy.

People who are lying to you tend to look up and to the left (their left).

What I would like to know is how you die from a vending machine. Don't people know not to tip the damn things?

Cattle are the only mammals that pee backwards.

What do you mean backwards?! :S

People who are lying to you tend to look up and to the left (their left).

That was from the episode when Cath and Sara were on the case of a dead girl in the carnival, right? :)

- No matter how hard someone pinches the skin on your elbow, you will not feel pain in it if your arm is straightened.
*straightens her arm and pinches the skin on the elbow* Okay, that still hurts! :confused: :rolleyes:

- The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
It usually takes me a good half hour at least!

I guess I'm just not 'average'. :p
:D

This is a really cool thread!

Back