The Oregon Trail: CSI NY version

Sorry about that CSI808--I read your post but I missed where you asked what AU meant. Is that what you edited in? :)

See, now I'm really giving this some thought. Damn. I've got enough fic ideas in line in my brain. My muse is going to quit. :lol:

Edit: And yeah, dysenteria, or dysentery, is defined as "an inflammatory disorder of the lower intestinal tract, usually caused by a bacterial, parasitic, or protozoan infection and resulting in pain, fever, and severe diarrhea, often accompanied by the passage of blood and mucus" on dictionary.com. So it's not necessarily just the runs, it's often (if not usually) a lot more serious (poor babies :(), but it also just has 'diarrhea' listed as one of the definitions.

Faylinn said:
Sorry about that CSI808--I read your post but I missed where you asked what AU meant. Is that what you edited in? :)

See, now I'm really giving this some thought. Damn. I've got enough fic ideas in line in my brain. My muse is going to quit. :lol:

Edit: And yeah, dysenteria, or dysentery, is defined as "an inflammatory disorder of the lower intestinal tract, usually caused by a bacterial, parasitic, or protozoan infection and resulting in pain, fever, and severe diarrhea, often accompanied by the passage of blood and mucus" on dictionary.com. So it's not necessarily just the runs, it's often (if not usually) a lot more serious (poor babies :(), but it also just has 'diarrhea' listed as one of the definitions.

Yeah, that's where I edited. Thanks though :p

Let me know when you write one. I'm eager to read one! You could have a little pioneer forensics going on. "Who killed the trail guide with the pitchfork?" :lol: And have their own quirky personalities. Ooooohhhh I hope you write one!

And thanks for the definition of dysentery... I now have another wrinkle in a brain. :D

I found another version of Oregon Trail and this one is a lot harder. I went down an icy hill and crashed and Lindsay and Stella died of severe internal injuries... no really... that's what the game said. Then I somehow started going back to where I started and I just quit. But I could just imagine myself stuck with Danny and Flack in the snow... all alone. :devil:

CSI808 said:
But I could just imagine myself stuck with Danny and Flack in the snow... all alone.

For the sake of survival, you guys better hole yourselves up in a cave and...keep each other warm.

It's survival after all. ;)

I remember playing a really early version in like middle school or something but it's been a looooong time lol.

Danny...Flack...warm cave....*thud* I can keep us warm in lots of ways :devil:

Never heard about this game...I think it's famous in US because you could play it at schoold and it's about American History. This is what I understand about this game, tell me if I'm wrong...and I quote ka990, tell us how to find the game!!! :)
I'd love to play with Danny and Flack in a cave... :devil:

CSI808, you're killing me here. Stuck in a cave with Flack and Danny? I'd definitely find a way to keep everybody warm. :devil:

As for the fic, it's rattling around in this brain of mine. We'll see if it ever actually turns into something. :lol:

You know, I should really look around for this game. :lol:

Here's the Wikipedia article for anyone who is curious.

:lol: OK, so that just brought back some serious middle school memories! :lol: I love that game!!!!

One of my former roommates has the game and I loved playing it. :) Although, I never did make it, everyone always died :(

This game is soooo much fun to play. *runs to find Oregon Trail*

Faylinn said:
CSI808, you're killing me here. Stuck in a cave with Flack and Danny? I'd definitely find a way to keep everybody warm.
Well, it's said that skin-to-skin contact is the best way to warm the body up and fend off the dreaded hypothermia. You could even do the boys a favor and volunteer yourself as the poor soul who'll sandwich herself between them (such a sacrifice).

Danny: You don't have to, you know.
You: I know, but someone's got to do it. It's the only way we'll all survive.
Flack: You sure? We could build a fire.
You: No, fire's overrated. *big dramatic pause* All right boys...strip.

(Yeah, I blame the cold medicine for the cheesy lines above)

But I never had much luck on this game myself. I always managed to kill off most of my party...or straggle through with one lone survivor. Such fun childhood memories, lol.

:lol: Yes, a sacrifice indeed. :devil: And you are absolutely correct, fire is totally overrated. :lol:

I never played the game, but I probably would have turned the wagon over on my people or something. :lol:

I played this in grade school! Cute idea to play it with the NY characters. Funny that the game offed Lindsay twice. I knew I loved Oregon Trail! :lol:

SimplyBlue, you're great!!! :lol:
I have this image in mind of all these guts stripping in a cave... :devil:

Maybe they could update the game, adding a stipping option :p

Middle school kids required to play a game that involes stripping :devil: :lol: Maby that would at least get them to pay attention. :lol:

OMG, I remember playing this game all through elementary school. I think I ended up seeing several different versions. The last one I played actually makes you navigate the river at the end, rather than just getting a screen telling you your oxen died. LOL. All I know is that in computer class Oregon Trail was a more fun choice than drawing shapes with LOGO.

Maybe schools should implement use of the CSI games to pique kids' interest in science.

The only thing I couldn't see is the gang in the period outfits lol...the bonnet would play heck with Stella's hair. ALthough hot sweaty yummy Mac chopping wood with his shirt off or something would be delicious :devil:

Back