The Official Pets thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GilGrissomCSI, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwantboromir

iwantboromir CSI Level One

okay, it's been a long time since I've had a kitten in the house. In fact, Sacajawea is 12, so it's been about that long. Having Kessa has reminded me what it's like. She's been teaching me some of her "rules" and I thought I'd share.

Kessa’s rules to live by

1. The Microwave is a friend! When you hear it, come running. It could be something for you! If not, cry pathetically enough that Mom will feel guilty and offer you some. Her stuff is usually not any good, but at least you were shared with.

2.Sacajawea is smart. Watch her, follow her. She knows were all the best sleeping spots are. If you don’t wiggle too much, she’ll share the spot with you.

3. Do not bite Sacajawea while she is sleeping. She does not like that.

4. Mom’s toes are cold. You must lay on them whenever possible to warm them. Be careful while doing this in front of sink, she sloshes dishwater!

5. “Lil White Dove” is not your friend. This white puff ball is cranky and does not like you. Whenever she’s around, follow her because it bothers her, but be sure to stay well out of reach. Careful, she will eat all of your baby food.

6. Mom loves help! Make sure to get in pottybox while she is cleaning, show her where all the yuckies are. The best way to show her, is to stand on them.

7. Help Mom do her chores! Mom loves it when you ride on broom or mop. Builds muscles to drag extra weight around.

8. Mom does not appreciate claws in legs or feet while on the phone. Not sure why, but she doesn’t like it!

9. Lose bouncy balls at least once a day. Mom likes the challenge of hunting them down for you. Great places to keep her occupied are under stove and behind toilet.

10. Make sure to play with noisy toys at bedtime. She put those bells in for a reason, right?

11. When in trouble, look cute! If cuteness is not possible, act like Sacajawea. Either is good way to get out of trouble.

12. Zig-zag between legs while walking. Keeps Mom agile!

13. Shoes are enemies! You must attack any and all shoes no matter if in use or not. Never leave a shoelace untied!

14. Trash. A fun place to find toys. Mom really didn’t want that wadded up paper in there, so take it out!

15. Keys. Keys are bad! If Mom rattles keys, it means she’s going somewhere without you!

16. Shorts. These are new items that Mom wears. Really good time to pretend her legs are tree trunks.

2. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

Ahahaha :lol: you guys crack me up.

One of these days I'm gonna post my guinea pig's rules too.

3. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i think my poor pixie is going senile. or maybe she has feline alzheimers. shes 14, and spends a lot of time sitting in the kitchen staring at the fridge. at first i thought there was a mouse or something under there (she did this last year too) but just dust bunnies that have since been cleaned out. she was doing it last night in the dark which kind of worries me a bit. sometimes she sits on the pool table in the basement and stares at the wall for a while. once again, in the dark. maybe shes slipping into the insanity of old age. i hope shes ok!

4. ebuzz55

ebuzz55 Pathologist

EEE! Critter thread! :D

I can relate to the "going senile" thing. I have 2 13-year old cocker spaniels and one has developed a ritual of standing on the porch every night around 10 and barking at the house. She's right beside the doggie door, so she knows she can get inside.

Mollie, my little goof.

Sadie, who warns us that the house may move at any moment.

Together with silly haircuts.

Other than dogs, I have a small aquarium with 2 black skirted tetras named Grissom & Sara. :rolleyes:

5. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Aw, cute pics. I like their haircuts!

I have an eighteen-month-old chihuahua named Daphne who is a total baby. She whines and cries when I don't hold her and is always begging to sit in my lap. I also have recently come to have a new kitty , currently unnamed, who found it's way onto my porch. She's a real sweety pie.

On a regular basis I babysit my bf's cat which I just call Garfield (if if that's not what he named it ;)) because every fat orange cat should be called that!

6. csi_fanatic87

csi_fanatic87 CSI Level Three

I have one pet. A 3 year old guinea pig named Ivory.

7. Dolphin

Dolphin Pathologist

HoratioAndMe, your little cat looks like one I had years ago, but "he" had a spot on his nose...

8. ebuzz55

ebuzz55 Pathologist

After that last scene in ToYD, I looked at Mollie sitting on the floor in front of me and said DID YOU SEE THAT??? All I got was:

[​IMG]

9. keich

keich CSI Level One

This is my cat Seven. She's a Persian-Himalayan hybrid. :D I used to have three more cats - all Siamese - but we had to give two of them away and the last died early this year. :(

10. Celtic_angel

Celtic_angel Police Officer

I have two Giant African Land Snails. They are ILLEGAL in America unless you get a license 'cos they eat EVERYTHING and ANYTHING in the plant family if they escape. But in England it's too cold for them to live out-of-doors, so... :D
    I have no pics to post, though :(

11. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Giant snails? omg,I can imagine all the house plenty of drivel...

Beautiful black cockers ebuzz,a friend of mine has one that looks exactly the same.

And keich when a cat looks you that way they can get what they want...

Cute kitten HoratioAndMe.

12. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Well here's my latest pet.. its whole family is adorable though.. well what's left of it.. awww yeah.. half of them never survive unfortunately.

anonymous

13. keich

keich CSI Level One

:lol: Yeah, she's a spoiled little brat. My sister took that picture, she calls it Seven's "Puss in Boots" pose. :D

iwantboromir, your cat's rules made my day! :lol:

14. Luveykat

Luveykat Police Officer

Aww, these animal pics are so cute! I have a Manx/Maine Coon(maybe?) mix. He's so cute, and sweet now that he's not really a boy anymore... My brother makes fun of him b/c he has no tail :D But he's a doll anyway. And everyone makes fun of him b/c he's sooo big (10 lbs at 10 months) yet has this girly pink nose an ridiculous tiny meow. He's my baby :)
    I have a 55 gal, 2 ten gals, and an 8 gal, but my Oscars keep dying, so all I have now is a few plecos and a bunch of Guppies (if they're still alive when I get back from vacation...)

15. iwantboromir

iwantboromir CSI Level One

Well my little Kessa had the leg amputated on Tuesday. Kessa is doing fine, already running around the house like crazy.

I did learn to never take the word of the vet on the sex of your kitten. SHE is a HE. Silly me, I understood that when the vet warns you against letting your cat get pregnant before coming in to get spayed, you assume that it's a she. WRONG! I assumed that the vet would know what he's talking about and never really looked, being that he's a long haired kitten and cats privates aren't really something I examine unless they seem to be having problem.

My little Kessa is a boy. A three legged little boy. I would post a pic of him now, but I'll wait until the hair grows back, some people might not like looking at the wound.....although being CSI fans, we can't be too squeamish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.