The Official Pet Thread pt2

When we put Thomas to sleep my mom made a list of every cat we've owned since (just before) I was born:

Tigger --- June 14, 1968 - Sept. 1983 (classic tiger striped)
Butterscotch --- Sept. 1983 - Oct. 1990 (long haired orangy yellow)
Fluffernutter --- 1975? - Jan. 1991 (she just walked in our door one fall day)
Matrix --- July 1987 - Dec. 1996 (short haired, solid grey)
Wicket --- Jan. 1991 - Sept. 2003 (yellow, browny, & white striped)
Psycho --- May 1993 - June 2007
Pookie --- Oct. 1994 - April 2010 (I still miss her! :()
Thomas --- May 1998 - Oct. 2010
Socks --- Oct. 2010 - ?

Psycho and Thomas were my brothers. They sorta adopted us when He and the kids moved in here. :)

Susan

Last edited:
Loving all of the new pet pics! A fine group of critters! :)

addictedtoSpeed, despite the chaos, I'm glad that you were able to catch Belle and get her home safely!

I'm hoping my cats aren't just a puddle of fur when I get home. :( My air conditioner started leaking through the ceiling last night, so I had to turn it up so it wouldn't come on very often. It was either be cool and ruin the ceiling (although that ship has already sailed) or be hot and reduce the leaking. I chose the latter.

Loving all of the new pet pics! A fine group of critters! :)

addictedtoSpeed, despite the chaos, I'm glad that you were able to catch Belle and get her home safely!

I'm hoping my cats aren't just a puddle of fur when I get home. :( My air conditioner started leaking through the ceiling last night, so I had to turn it up so it wouldn't come on very often. It was either be cool and ruin the ceiling (although that ship has already sailed) or be hot and reduce the leaking. I chose the latter.

Thanks Smokey, what a way to start the day!

I hope your cats are ok, I'm sorry to hear about your ac, that sucks in this heat.

Loving all the pets pictures and stories :)

We got a very nice letter from the Ontario Veterinary College at the University of Guelph today. The letter informed us that our Vet Practice had made a donation to them in Tuppence's name. You know you've got good people to look after your animals when they do something like this.

We adopted a cat today. Meg is 4 years old and the most laid back cat I've ever seen. Things aren't going too bad between her and our dog, so I think they'll adjust to each other quickly.

Meg.jpg

ETA: Meg and our dog Lily are getting along fine. Lily wants to be in Meg's face smelling her, but Meg hisses or smacks Lily when she's had enough of her big nose. Here's a pic from this morning.

Untitled00025-09.jpg

ETA2: Meg relaxing. She has such pretty markings and pretty eyes.

meg2.jpg

Last edited:
CALL THE VET, SOMEBODY'S GOT IT AGAIN! CAT SCRATCH FEVER!

Oh wait a minute, these cats have nothing in common with Ted Nugent or Rick Perry (HA!)

Haven't been on this thread in a bit, my bad.
Everyone's pets are beautiful, there's nothing not to love!!

Jacquie, that is cool news about Tuppence!! :bolian:

Perfect Anomaly, Meg is beautiful!! I'm loving Lily too! :adore:

Since I'm here, I'll post a few more pet pics that I finally uploaded.

Callie and Xena fighting for my lap
Ringo and Dixie they are brother and sister, but two different litters. They both have the same mom, my long gone Smokey. Dixie is older by 7 months.
Dixie and Eddie :lol: self explanatory
Keely playing with the cat toy instead of her own.
Dixie, Keely and Ringo we went for a ride, and they were waiting for us we we got back.
Xena and Keely Begging for a snack. The flash turned Xena's eyes into an aliens. :p

I hope this isn't against the board rules:

I just entered our dog, Lily, in a PetSmart costume contest. If you're on Facebook I'd appreciate it if you would go vote for her. You can vote once per day now through Oct. 24. If she wins she could appear in a PetSmart commercial. Thanks to anyone who votes:

Vote for Lily

Dusty

This is my kitten Dusty and is 8wks old and i got him ( not sure if it's boy or girl yet ) on Saturday and took to me, my mom and my older brother too and cries if left alone and i gave my kitten my dressing gown to sleep on as it kinda swiped it off me and not too sure on eye colour as it's a mix of green/grey with hints of brown but when i saw the kitten at 3ks old the eyes were blue..

That first starting with blue eyes and don't know how many weeks, it will change colors. Like human baby does start blue eyes then month or more, it will change color. Human baby's eyes either go with the mother's or the father's eyes or each side family member.

My roommate and I have a hedgehog named Pigiwidgeon! He watches CSI with us every week. He likes it, except for any loud noises (he doesn't have good vision, so any loud noises make his quills stand right up!). He's adorable, and yes, he is named after Ron's owl in Harry Potter.

I've been missing my pets so bad lately. I'm at university and of course there's no pets allowed in the dorms (except fish which I am seriously considering getting). I constantly get my mom and brother to send me pictures of my cats and dog to my phone though. :lol:

I honestly get more excited to see my animals than my family when I go home.

Back