The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

Good to hear you'll be taking her in Smokey.

I'll be looking to adopt a kitty or two when I move next month as our beautiful girlcat Taz had to be put to sleep last week because of oral cancer. She was a month short of her 12th birthday. Thankfully her brother Yoshi is still around to bite the hand that feeds :)

I'll make a point of getting a black and white or black cat because apparantly they are the last to be taken from the shelters here as they aren't considered to be as 'pretty' as the other cats :(

2. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Ah Smokey she looks sooooo cute. I hope she's there when you get back so she'll have an extra special live with you other two cats. But I'm sure who ever adopts her she'll have a good home.

Yoshi our first cat was black. He adopted us and we named him Max. It's a pity that certain cats aren't adopted out because of their colours. If the right situation were to arise I would adopt another black cat this instant.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  3. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Hello pet lovers! I've got a dog and she's 13 years and seven months old, so that's equivalent to 95 human years. She suffered a stroke about a month ago. I thought she wouldn't recover but amazingly she did. She's now walking straight and has her appetite back. I guess she's back with a vengeance. :lol:

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yoshi, I said I might adopt her! :lol: It's hard to decide, mainly because she has her claws and mine don't. Also, I've spent a lot of money on mine with their various ailments and such. Not sure a third cat would be so easy on the wallet right now. And Cricket is going to be on heart medicine the rest of his days too.

And also, there are so many cats at the shelter that, like you said, don't get chosen. I've always adopted the older cats that no one seems to want. There is a great looking guy cat there now whose owner died. :( I would like to help him too.

Ah well.

Sorry to hear about Taz. I knew you said she was bad off, but I don't think I knew she had gone. :(

Cap'n, my dad adopted a black cat when his passed away. I don't think, around here at least, that it matters the color. Seems moreso that the kittens get taken first and the older ones have no place to go.

Mandy, glad to hear your doggie is recovering well! :)

5. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Thanks Smokey! My dog's such a character. She thinks she's human! :lol: She's so spoiled and everyone dotes on her. My family jokes around that she's in her dotage. :lol:

I used to have lots of cats growing up but decided not to get another one when the last one (Zorro) died since our dogs hated cats, well, except for Zorro. I named him that since he looked like a Zorro...he had a "mask" on his face.

6. Jacquie

We have a cat calendar that has sayings on the pages twice a week. Here is today's saying,

A cat will do what it wants when it wants, and there's not a thing you can do about it. - Frank Perkins

As all of us cat owners know this is so true :D

7. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Totally true. It doesn't matter that they want to do what you tell them to do. For example you give them fresh food but right that moment they refuse to eat. Two minutes later they come to you, are all snuggly and convince you to get them even more fresh food.

8. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Has anyone here seen the video of Ninja Cat going through the web? Anyway, it was sooo freakin' hilarious! That cat is really intelligent and stealthy! Such an adorable feline! :lol:

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Do you mean the one where he's sneaking up on the camera as it moves? It is great!! :guffaw:

10. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Yup that the video I'm talking about. Haha, yes it's really great! Gave me quite a laugh! :guffaw:

11. allmaple

allmaple Judge

heres a video many cat owners may relate to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gknp-8ltmE

pixie doesnt do that. when she tried to sleep on my bed many years ago i kicked her off (i move around too much at night) and my brother wont tolerate it and would lock her out of his room. so for me she stays until i stop petting her, and if shes in my brothers room she sleeps on his spare bed.

yesterday my parents and i got video up on the computer to talk to each other, and they held pix up to the screen so i could see her and she could see me. poor thing looked so confused! she had no idea what the heck was going on :lol:

12. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Awesome video. :lol:

13. Jacquie

Oh I could so see two of our cats doing that. Tuppence is usually curled up at the end of my bed but who knows what see does when I'm sleeping. Oliver is usually in the basket at the end of the bed. If he does sleep on the bed he's not an easy cat to move. He last weighed in at 22lbs :eek:

14. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Rookie

Awsome video! Now multiply that X 4 and you have my bed. :lol:

15. Calihan

Calihan Captain