The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: Poor cat and looks like my little kitty Sara Bomba two days ago when my mom needed to bath her.

AppleJack, cute guinea pigs. And little OT - is it in your avie penguin Pik Pok? Maybe I'm thinking about other "penguin" cartoon:lol:

2. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I actually don't have a pet of my own but my neighbours' cat decided about three years ago to adopt me as his new best friend. Now he's coming over every day to eat and sleep at our house. What can I say, cats are cats, no one can tell them what to do.

It took me a while though to get used to him. Cats are so different from dogs. At first I always felt like he thought I was the most stupid person on earth. Cats have a way of looking at you that's just a little bit unsettling.

But now I'm fine with him although he's always sitting on my sofa. :eek:;)

[​IMG]
    Isn't he the cutest?

3. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

love_fan, that picture is really adorable.

I just came home from a visit to the vet, it's unbelievable how much they charge these days.

4. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I am annoyed.
    In end of May I got temp cat, just for a while until owner finds a new place. I said ok, for some time but I cannot keep it because we have two already, both females and we don't want cat that is only indoor cat. She's now 3yrs old.

Now I've tried to contact owner, saying she has to find a new place if she cannot take it or why on earth her mom cannot take her temporarily. She says because her mom has two cats. So what? So do we and even the little kitten as 3rd cat. We'd never saved that one if I knew we are stuck with the mother. Don't get me wrong - she's soooo sweet and adorable cat but 3 female cats are too much.

I've tried to contact all people I know but almost everyone who wants a cat has cat already. If it after all stays with us.. she needs little *snipsnip* and the owner better pay most of it since it's not cheap.

5. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

love_ fan I love the pic you took of your neighbours cat in your house :) And yes cats are totally different from dogs.

More cat quotes:

-The cat: an animal that's so unpredictable, you can never tell in advance how it will ignore you the next time. Evan Esar

-Kittens are born with their eyes shut. They open them in about six days, take a look around, then close them again for the better part of their natural lives. Stephen Baker

- He swings from the chandelier, he paws my peanut butter, and he knocks over my drink in the most unfortunate places in the house-but I still love him like crazy. It's like a hairball in my heart. Audra Feveo-Alba

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Aww they have the same colors as my Whisky. Well sometimes they will stay still long enough for me to take a photo. Usually I have my camera all prepared when I place them down to take their photos. I have some cute photos of them sleeping too but they are still on my camera. I need to download them to my computer one of these days.

7. Callacrap

Callacrap Rookie

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  8. allmaple

allmaple Judge

aw! sleeping puppy! what a sweet heart :)

yesterday pixie tried to "help" with my packing... :rolleyes:

you cant pack now
    not suitcase, is cat bed

she is also very good at knowing when the camera is about to take a picture and putting on her disapproving face, like this :lol:

9. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

my cats -- Roscoe, JT and Steve

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

allmaple Pixie looks sooo cute. Are you sure you can't smuggle her in your suitcase :) You could always say she's you fur coat :guffaw:

11. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

That dog is totally adorable. :D
    I have the same problem with my camera, it broke right before I got my new kitty, now I can only take pics with my cell phone camera. :rolleyes:

Aww, what a beautiful cat. It's so funny how cats love to sit in suitcases, boxes and the like. Mine do it, too. Doesn't even matter that the boxes are usually too small for them. :D

12. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I don't use photobucket or anything, and this site doesn't want me to just put a pic from my computer in a post....So I can't show you any pics of my dog. :(

Unless there's a secret way to do it that someone wants to tell me!

13. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Hollyyo, you can include your dog in your avatar or a banner. But if you put it in a banner, you would have to remove the text in your signature. Maximum size for a banner is 220 pixels wide by 75 pixels high.

14. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

My cat, Cricket, was supposed to have his thyroid surgery today. I've waited two months for this since the vet said he needed it because stupid work couldn't spare me for two seconds to get it done. God forbid I not be around for one minute while everyone else scampers off to do personal errands.

But anyway, when we first were going to do it, the vet put him on some heart medication. We finished that, but it was another month before I could get off work to take him in.

So after dropping him there this morning (it's a long drive out into the country), Dr. Sue called me this afternoon to ask if he'd been taking his heart medicine! He was supposed to have been taking it before, during, and after the surgery. I didn't realize that, and apparently they didn't notice that they had dispensed one month's worth two months ago.

So she said he had fluid in his lungs today and she just didn't feel that his heart would be strong enough to do it since he hadn't been on the medication. :( I felt so bad that I didn't realize that was the intent when she gave it to us. Thank goodness she was thorough enough to realize something was wrong and that she shouldn't operate today.

So now I have more heart medicine and something else...three pills a day for him...and we scheduled the surgery for two weeks from today, and I just DARE someone to tell me I can't be off work that day to take him in! :shifty: