The Nick Stokes Timeline: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still like Tom Cruise! Man, the media have ruined the poor guy's career. I don't think he's stopped being a nice guy and I think it's scary how everyone turned on him for doing a few goofy things. It's a shame.

I'm with Nick- Tom will always have Top Gun for me and that's enough. :)

Sorry, a little OT, but the media piss me off; they make and break people so easily and it's not fair.

BabaOReilly said:
I still like Tom Cruise! Man, the media have ruined the poor guy's career. I don't think he's stopped being a nice guy and I think it's scary how everyone turned on him for doing a few goofy things. It's a shame.

Sorry, a little OT, but the media piss me off; they make and break people so easily and it's not fair.

I don't mind Tom Cruise - the cough jumping thing was a little much - but he seems to be a really nice guy and he respects his fans, which is nice to see. Plus, he was awesome in the MI trilogy.

I think the Tom Cruise nudge might've come from the fact that people compared GE/Nick's shag to Tom Cruise.

Good point, Baba.

And, let's be honest people... if you all liked Tom Cruise, wouldn't you agree that Nick DOES have a "Tom Cruise thing going on"? Sometimes when he smiles he reminds me of Cruise because they both have very toothy dimpled smiles and their colouring IS the same. What I love about George Eads is that his eyes are a lot more "open" and sweet. And Eads' face is more classic in its handsomeness. He's just ....... perfect!!! :D

I would be lying if I said I never thought Tom Cruise was a hunk (especially 10-15 years ago). But it may be more accurate to have him say, "I've got a George Eads thing going on."

;)

Hey, that's probably the smartest thing I've said... um... all day! :p :D

ETA: Sneaks back to huggle allstar. :)

i dont think that nicky looks at all like tom cruise.
ot, recently a friend told me that tom cruise berated other stars for taking antidepressants. :(
first of all, as i said, nick looks nothing like tom cruise, and second of all, i dont think that he would ever put someone down like that. hes too nice.

allstar12 said:
BabaOReilly said:

I don't mind Tom Cruise - the cough jumping thing was a little much - but he seems to be a really nice guy and he respects his fans, which is nice to see. Plus, he was awesome in the MI trilogy.

I think the Tom Cruise nudge might've come from the fact that people compared GE/Nick's shag to Tom Cruise.

I've always gotten the impression that GE was a Tom Cruise fan...or at least a fan of the movie Top Gun.

His dog's name is Maverick and he says "Talk to me, Goose." to Hodges at some point. That's a line straight from Top Gun and during the director's commentary for the episode, they say that was George's improvisation.

I must admit I did like Top Gun (and Risky Business) but on the whole, I've never been much of a Tom Cruise fan. Even beofre all the TomKat/Scientology stuff. He simply doesn't do anything for me. *shrug*

^^^ Yeah, I think that was just another example of Nick being a real manly-man type (but not in a bad way). He likes all the old classic guy movies.

And personally speaking, I've never had a thing for Tom Cruise, and outside them both having dark hair and big smiles, I'd say the similarities end there. But I thought it was all in good fun when Nick said "I've got sort of a Tom Cruise thing going". I think it was as much to amuse Warrick as anything. Too funny!

One of the other stars pabzi was Brooke Shields who took them for postpartum depression, apparently Tom's didn't like the idea of anti-depressants, but that vitamins would have cured the problem. Only to further make the statement cruz said, talking to reporter MATT LAUER on the TODAY show, saying, "She (Brooke) doesn't understand the history of psychiatry. You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do."
This link is to an old story, SHIELDS THANKS CRUISE FOR 'VALIDATING' HER BOOK I snipped the above from it.

But I have to admit I don't see Tom or George looking anything alike, even their personalities seem different.

Destiny said:
One of the other stars pabzi was Brooke Shields who took them for postpartum depression, apparently Tom's didn't like the idea of anti-depressants, but that vitamins would have cured the problem. Only to further make the statement cruz said, talking to reporter MATT LAUER on the TODAY show, saying, "She (Brooke) doesn't understand the history of psychiatry. You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do."
This link is to an old story, SHIELDS THANKS CRUISE FOR 'VALIDATING' HER BOOK I snipped the above from it.

But I have to admit I don't see Tom or George looking anything alike, even their personalities seem different.

totally ot, but tom cruise was totally out of line. if someone needs antidepressants and it helps them, then they should take them.
do you guys think that nick took anything after his burial? id say most likely something for panic attacks, but i wouldnt be surprised if he was on anti depressants.

BabaOReilly said:
But I thought it was all in good fun when Nick said "I've got sort of a Tom Cruise thing going". I think it was as much to amuse Warrick as anything. Too funny!

I agree. I also think it was to make himself seem more appealing to the hooker...sort of a way to ensure that she would hurry right over.

I think it would have been funnier if he had chosen to say he resembled someone that, in actuality, looked nothing like him. Someone like Gilbert Godfried or Danny DiVito or something. :D

wlk68 said:
I think it would have been funnier if he had chosen to say he resembled someone that, in actuality, looked nothing like him. Someone like Gilbert Godfried or Danny DiVito or something. :D

LOL. But would she have gone if he said that .. I doubt it :lol:

nickstokesfan said:
ETA: Sneaks back to huggle allstar. :)

Im assuming you like the new avvie :p

I didn't watch the eppy, I'm from Germany, so I have to wait til next year to see it, :rolleyes: but it gives other ways... Well, anyway I heard this about the hooker, don't you think it is a little mean from TPTB to bring Nick again in such a situation.

Nick v Tom:

Maybe Nick's long hair looked like Tom's, but Nick is the hottest thing on earth. :D And people can compare him with Tom, I don't care as long as Nick doesn't eat placenta's, I'll be fine with it! :lol:

Since we're coming up on the one year anniversary of Nick's kidnapping, I was sorta hoping for a visit by the Continuity Fairy.

Even if its just a small exchange between Nick and Warrick or Greg or, heck, anybody.

Prolly won't happen but a girl can dream, right? *sigh*

doubtful. they allready have so much planned for the finalle.
i was playing a trivia game with 2 friends yesterday, and i asked them what did tarantino direct a year ago, and they didnt know :p. but its ok, i wasnt expecting them to. theyre not so into directors.
i think that it could be that nicks hairstyle in most of s6 was part of the continuity. you guys are gonna think im nuts (cause i am :p ) but i think that it subconsciously may have been hhis way of dealing with the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back