The Last Movie You Saw - Thread 4

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, May 4, 2010.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Here's a review on "PREDATORS' and this site says "Laurence Fishburne stole the movie" click on ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT then MOVIE REVIEWS, and scroll down and click on "Predators", enjoy:bolian:

LINK

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  2. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

We get it.

I just saw Revolutionary Road, and it was outstanding...I truly liked it. It' a portrayal of a 50's marriage based off the 9161 novel. It's really inspiring - Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio have great chemistry together, and it was cool to see them together since Titanic :)

It's got a really depressing tone, but it's so fantastic. 8/10, I would highly reccommend it!

3. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Chocolat- brilliant film, I really enjoyed it.

Shrek Forever After in 3D - I enjoyed it, I'd never seen any of the Shrek films before but really enjoyed this one anyway. The 3D was pretty cool. I love Puss in Boots, he's funny!

4. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

(I watch a lot of movies lol :p )

Donnie Darko - Loved it. It's really confusing and takes a while to catch onto, but it's so fantastic..great story and beautifully done.

Kill Bill Vol 1&2 - I love Quentin Tarantino, and I've seen these films before because they're completely awesome. The first is like major kick-*** where you're suppossed to be detatched from the characters and the second one is more spagettii western where the bride (Uma Thurman) continues her hunt for Bill :) Fantastic film.

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Did you watch the original or the director's cut of Donnie Darko, do you know? I own the original from years back and was thinking I should watch the d.c., but I've heard it spoon feeds the viewer a little too much...?

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

"BROWN SUGAR" from 2002, it's about the world of hip-hop, and two friends who've known each other since hi-school, but it goes way deeper. He [Taye Diggs] Dre gets sick of his company MILLENIUM and there antics, so he starts his own record label. His friend is played by Sanaa Lathan and he's married to Nicole Ari Parker, [who played opposite Warrick in PNN] same beautiful hazel-green eyes like him. In real life she's married to Boris Kodjoe who plays the financee of the friend. The ending was a heart-wrenching one with the two friends finally admitting what they'd secretly supressed for so many years. "I loved you the first time I saw you" she said it back to him, and they hugged and kissed:p It was sweet, because she was on the air doing a interview about her new hip-hop song, and dedicated it to him and heard it and rushed down to the station. Also Queen Latifah, as her best friend.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0297037/

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  7. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Predator. I was more than skeptical because of Predators but it was really good. I'm going to watch the second part as well, let's see if that can top the first ...

8. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

I believe it was the original, I've heard that about the DC too. I liked the way the original played out, it makes you think more, but it's good :) I've heard that the DC has a lot of connecting scenes that sort of string things along better...

9. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I just got back from seeing Twilight: Eclipse with my sister. I loved it. Great fight scenes, some great history stuff about the vampires and werewolves, and there seemed to be more funny (both intentional and unintentional) moments than in the previous movies. I'm not bothered by the romantic/triangle stuff, I found it didn't get in your face too much, which was good.

A few nights ago I also watched Dr. Terror's House of Horror. It's one of those old (1970s/80s, I think) Amicus horror compendiums which I LOVE. Five men are in a train carriage when a strange man called 'Dr. Shreck (Terror) gets in too. He has a deck of tarot cards and offers to read the mens' futures. All find there are horrrors in store for them....
    Loved it. It was one I hadn't seen before too (I've seen The Crypt of Horror, The Vault of Horror, and Asylum, all ace, and I always watch them again when they're on tv from time to time) so all new stories, brilliant!

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Thanks to summer I can catch up on the movies I didn't see in theaters or didn't want to pay the $6 or $9 for.

Avatar - ....I get the movie was hyped to be one of the biggest of all time...but it didn't impress me much. I did like it, but I wouldn't rush out to get it from the library again.

Whip It - Ellen Page and Drew Barrymore need to work together again sometime as this indie type movie really speaks about having the choice to make one's own path.

Knight and day - I was apprehensive when my friends wanted to go but in the end there was a shared mix between comedy, drama, and action. I rather liked this one since Cameron Diaz can be hit and miss for me.

GI Joe: Rise of Cobra - Again I was apprehensive but wound up liking the way the Joe world was transferred to the screen, as well as the choice for actors for the parts.

11. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

* Just a tid-bit of information --Appearently James Cameron is re-releasing Avatar into theatres in mid August. I don't get why that movie was hyped up...I liked it, but it wasn't amazing or anything. The story was actually pretty weak in itself. The effects were cool though.
    Also, James Cameron is going over Titanic (Kate Winslet, Leonardo DiCaprio) with the 3D effect and re-releasing that into theatres in 2012 for the Titanic's 100th anniversary.

James Cameron has too much money. *

A Scanner Darkly - This movie is awesome. The whole thing was filmed live action, with an animation effect put over top. It was so cool and it was a really good, funny movie. Here's the trailer if you wanna see what effect I mean (it's hard to explain!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXpGaOqb2Z8

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang - Another great movie. I've actually seen this one many times, but I love it :) Robert Downey Jr. is amazing at comedy, he has perfect timing. This movie's like a crime/drama/comedy and I would totally reccommend it.

P.S. Seriously?! Has anybody else here seen Inception yet?!

12. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ I'm hoping to go see Inception tonight! Stay tuned... ;)

I've heard a number of friends say they loved Kiss Kiss Bang Bang- seems to have a loyal cult following. I need to check that out soon.

13. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

ah you made me happy :D

I promise you, you will like Inception. Like I said, it's already #3 on the IMDb top 250. It's so incredible, it really includes the viewer. Let me know how it goes!!

And yes Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is awesome. I really didn't think I was going to like it, but it's so funny Val Kilmer and Robert Downey Jr. work so great together, they should definitely do more together.

14. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I agree that he has too much money. Some movies are better off just being left in the vault.

Movies like this are few and far between, the melding of different techniques can only work well for specific stories.

15. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Toy Story 3 - I absolutely adored every single thing about this movie... If you've seen the other 2 in the trilogy you'll know that it's about a boy named Andy and his toys, which come to life when no-one is around... However, in this movie, Andy has out grown his toys and is off to college... The toys get donated to Sunny Side pre-school, but all is not what it first seems.... Toy Story 3 tells the story of the toys and what will happen to them when Andy out grows them... Be aware, it's a tear-jerker, but totally worth it! Fantastic movie! 5*'s without a doubt! :D