"The Happy Place" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Destiny

Still Sanity Challenged!
Premium Member
Air Date: Thursday, October 16, 2008
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#902) "The Happy Place"

THE CSI TEAM INVESTIGATES THE CASE OF A HYPNOTIST BANK ROBBER WHOSE LAST HEIST ENDED IN MURDER. - A hypnotist who uses her powers of persuasion to rob banks becomes the prime suspect in a murder investigation. - Nick and Catherine investigate why a woman who was about to be married would have taken a swan dive off of her balcony. Also Grissom investigates the brutal murder of a woman found in an alley. The investigation gets tougher with the discovery that her two-year-old was with her when she was murdered.

SERIES REGULARS:
Gil Grissom: William Petersen
Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
Warrick Brown: Gary Dourdan
Nick Stokes: George Eads
Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
Hodges: Wallace Langham
David Phillips: David Berman

GUEST CAST:
Sara Sidle: Jorja Fox
Mandy Webster: Sheeri Rappaport
Det. Vega: Geoffrey Rivas
Viviana Conway aka Madame Marvelous: Glenne Headley
Scott Bonfilio: Sam Murphy
Randy Hopper: Bruno Campos
Det. Williams: Gabriel Casseus
Paula Bonfilio: Kristin Dattilo
Sprig Grenigier: Ricki Noel Lander
Pamela Adler: Michelle Anne Johnson
Tom Adler: Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine
Trixie: Nicole Vicius
Leon Slocomb: Bruce Weitz
Tony Thorpe: Aldis Hodge
Jacob Wolf: Ivar Brogger
Brett Davidson: Ryan Doom
Grace Powell: Linara Washington
Old Lady: Connie Sawyer
Day Care Worker: Adrienne Smith
Bellman: Bambadjan Bamba
Clucker #1: Mark Nelson
Clucker #2: Martin Chow
Clucker #3: Baadje-Lyne Odums
Officer Akers: Larry Sullivan
Paula Francis: Paula Francis
Gina Cancelliere: Gina Cancelliere

WRITTEN BY: Sara Goldfinger
DIRECTED BY: Nathan Hope

Thanks To:
The Futon Critic
TV.com CSI LV

I decided to bring this thought over from the other spoiler thread.

I am thinking (and someone might have mentioned this) that the husband pulled the plug on his own, thus killing his wife. He lied about it to Sara so she is pissed. Maybe she wants him to pay for killing his wife (even though technically she was brain dead anyway). So since Sara is no longer a CSI and can't investigate the case perhaps thats where Greg comes in. She recruits him to help her. This is speculation but it is plausible.

I'd posted another theory on one of the other boards, but the more I think about it, the more I think you're right, Wojo. Listening to the promo, I think maybe Greg's been called in to process Pam Adler's body ... which would mean a crime was involved (and obviously, it wouldn't be the crime that first put her on life support). I could see Sara being mad if Tom Adler initially lied to her about how Pam came off life support, but I can also see the idea of him being prosecuted for this being the thing that drives home the idea that she can't deal with the whole system anymore. That storyline would also be consistent with the way the writers have sometimes woven really life stories/controversies into the epis.

I'm a Sara fan, but given that she is almost certainly leaving in this epi, I'm ready for that to happen just so the anticipation of angst (at least for me) eases a bit. That having been said, I'm glad to see that there still seem to be plans for a grief counselor to talk to team members in epi 3 ... Warrick has been too important for his death to be a one-epi story.

Ali

This was in the latest TV Guide dated Oct.13-19 about "The Happy Place" *SPOILER*

Marriage?Grissom Jr.?, what does the future hold for Gil & Sara? The answer could come tonight, since Jorja Fox is back on the scene" & a little pic. of Jorja included!

Last edited:
As I pointed out the last time you posted this. They are just guessing here, they have no idea what's in store.

As I pointed out the last time you posted this. They are just guessing here, they have no idea what's in store.

You might want to write to the TV Guide, this is their news, not mine, I'm just posting what is in there!

Hmm...post about Grissom/Sara and a baby carriage--scratches head..checks title..okay I'm in the right thread.

So...I'm curious..why is Gary Dourdan still in the credits? Hm.....

Hmm...post about Grissom/Sara and a baby carriage--scratches head..checks title..okay I'm in the right thread.

So...I'm curious..why is Gary Dourdan still in the credits? Hm.....

Ahh u remember there was talk that Gary will still be around but not in flashbacks! I think that this will be explained in this episode lol.

Ahh happy place, well from watching the trailer thanks vampiregirl... it makes it all clear, there is no happy place, no happy ending. Life is just life.

Dark dark places this is going to... Great!!!

Actually when I got that from the Futon critic, no one was listed as series regular there was just a "Guest cast" listed there. So I went back to the "for Warrick" ep descript and got it from there (ie to copy & Paste) at first I was going to leave his name out of it, but then it is the next ep so I figured I would leave it in for one more ep as there may still be talk about him or a mentioning, Also in case he hasn't been removed from the opening credits. Depending on the site I use if they have the actor/character name listed then it will be left, but after this if it isn't his name will not be added unless he will be in the scene, in which case it would be under guest. Hope that makes sense.

Life sucks and then you get shot in the neck! :(

I agree, I see nothing happy about this episode whatsoever. I like dark CSI, it tells it like it is.

So a hypnnotist talks people into suicide.

Life sucks and then you get shot in the neck! :(

I agree, I see nothing happy about this episode whatsoever. I like dark CSI, it tells it like it is.

So a hypnnotist talks people into suicide.

Ahh lol is that what this episode is about lol cause I got confused lol:guffaw:

Generally speaking a hynotheripist dont kill people they can help a person quit smoking, loose weight. OR a stage show that gets a person to sing like a dog or something, however no matter how much a person is hypnotised they cant act against their free will or so it goes.

OH charming. A hynotherapist talking people into committing suicide. Maybe the CSIs can take him/her to visit McKeen in jail. Heheheh

Back