"The Grave Shift" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Destiny

Still Sanity Challenged!
Premium Member
Air Date: Thursday, January 22, 2009
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#911) "The Grave Shift"

DR. LANGSTON FACES HIS FIRST DAY ON THE JOB AS A FULL-FLEDGED CSI. - Dr. Langston's first day as a CSI is anything but easy when a seemingly simple burglary case ends up overlapping with an in-depth homicide and arson case.

SERIES REGULARS:
Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
Dr. Raymond Langston: Laurence Fishburne
Nick Stokes: George Eads
Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
David Phillips: David Berman
Hodges: Wallace Langham
Wendy Simms: Liz Vassey
Riley Adams: Lauren Lee Smith

RECURRING CAST:
Conrad Ecklie: Marc Vann
Archie Johnson: Archie Kao

GUEST CAST:
Paulla Kingsley: Michelle Clunie
Mr. Jim Hilliard: Darren Burrows
Diane Palento: Amy Hathaway
Officer Akers: Larry Sullivan
Carla Banks: Victoria Pratt
Richard Palento: Anthony Starke
Alex Palento: K'Sun Ray
Josh Barston: Michael Cudlitz
Mrs. Hilliard: Lisa Arturo

WRITTEN BY: David Weddle & Bradley Thompson
DIRECTED BY: Richard J. Lewis

Thanks To:
The Futon Critic
CSIFiles: Grissom's Office Gets New Occupants

Michael Cudlitz again? He played the corrupt Officer Spencer in Then there were none from season 2.

Thanks. Dizz. I'm looking forward to getting to know Dr. Langston. I think he could be good. I don't get in the previews why Reilly was saying something like "We're cops, not social workers.":confused: She really shouldn't be talking. She hasn't been there hardly any longer than he has! How does she know everything now?

I bet Riley said that "Were not social workers" line because she has some type of bad experience with them. Either way, I can't wait to see more of Dr. Langston. He seems like a good character already, and I like the relationship between him and Nick, or at least what we have seen from the promos. :)

Well Riley is a CSI level 2...granted she has not been in Las Vegas that long but she has done the job for awhile. He is just starting out and does not know the do's and don'ts yet.

Last edited:
Maybe Riley doesn't see a difference between "Shrinks" and "Social Workers", her parents according to her in her first episode were shrinks so maybe she views them as similar or what have you.

Victoria Pratt is gonna be in this ep? I hope she and Lauren have scenes together. It would be kind of like a reunion since they both starred in Mutant X. :)

So I wonder if they're going to show Marg Helgenberger before Laurence Fishburne in the opening credits? I hope so....

I also have a question about the different levels....I'm not sure if this has been asked before, I didn't see anything in the threads on this forum....but if Langston comes in as a level 1, does that make him the lowest on the totem pole? How do the levels go, ascending or descendinghttp://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkxFYx...q-TxTOrtvvfC8NhDqolZFIqwAAAA%40%40&fr2=sp-top?

Last edited:
The first thing I saw when I came in this thread was...Marg! On top of the list! :lol:

Um hope that's the way the opening credits are going to be. After eight and a half year, she freaking deserves that.

The first thing I saw when I came in this thread was...Marg! On top of the list! :lol:

Um hope that's the way the opening credits are going to be. After eight and a half year, she freaking deserves that.

Yeah me too, but I think it might be different when the opening credits roll around.

Least George has gone up the list to number 3.

I wonder how Nick, Riley, and Greg will choose to decorate their collective office. I can see Nick putting something sports related on a shelf. Maybe a football helmet from his alma mater?

I can see Greg being the messy one of the three.

About the Riley/Langston scene we saw, it kind of reminds me of past scenes where Nick was sort of scolded for his empathy (is that the right word?)

I can see Greg blasting music through head phones way too loudly.
Riley can't belive it and gripes, she turns to Nick for help.
Nick pulls out ear plugs and is like "What?"

Remember when Greg had a lab to himself?

Marg Helgenberger is going to rock this show. I'm so glad she's finally getting a chance to shine. The promo looks AWESOME and heaps of fun.

Here's to getting back to the awesomeness that was CSI!

Back