The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suckerforasmile, your point about Fishbourn's character is really good. Shame on me that I didn't think about it, lol. Your scenario is very possible. Would be funny if he had only one look and think - "aha, something's going on there." He will have a "fresh eye" (I hope I can say it like that in English, lol). Very often people who are knowing their co-workers a short time they often can see more than other who have been working for years. That can be really interesting. I see it as a bright side of the next seasn. I want to see some scenes in which the new character will find out our boys' relationship.

I will never understand how people can get offended because we suggest that their character's are a couple.

I totally agree with you *nods* And y'know, people can get angry all they want at slashers for "ruining" the "male bond" in friendships (a lot of people make the assumption that because we're slashers, to us, guys CAN NOT be strictly friends), but it's completely different when someone ships a girl and a guy who are supposedly "just friends." Which, I mean, whatever. I just think it's kind of a cruel thing to do.

Life of slashers is often hard. Sometimes it's because of homophobia or biphobia. Sometimes people are tolerant but when it comes to something serious like finding out two males' deep relationship they just don't want to see it. We won't change it.

After all A La Cart discussion I need to watch it. How good that we have here re-runs of eight season:lol:

I think that the scene in A La Cart where Nick's back is facing the attractive casher is very telling. He is just not interested, cos he had eyes only for Greg (like everyone here has said). Personally I think if Warrick was in the scene with Nick, Nick would have been forced to act all "oh she is hot" and very macho. Which makes me think Warrick does not know. Nick is very relaxed & very funny around Greg, they keep trying to impress each other & keep telling each other about their childhood. Its also great to see that Nick is not treating Greg like a rookie anymore (its almost like an equal). Greg is more confident (i think he has put his beating behind him). I have yet to see the rest of season 8, but they both look more confident & relaxed (I think they have faced their demons together & are very much a couple or if you love pre slash like I do, they are defiantly better friends on their way to coupledom).

I love being a slash fan.

I will never understand how people can get offended because we suggest that their character's are a couple.

I totally agree with you *nods* And y'know, people can get angry all they want at slashers for "ruining" the "male bond" in friendships (a lot of people make the assumption that because we're slashers, to us, guys CAN NOT be strictly friends), but it's completely different when someone ships a girl and a guy who are supposedly "just friends." Which, I mean, whatever. I just think it's kind of a cruel thing to do.

Life of slashers is often hard. Sometimes it's because of homophobia or biphobia. Sometimes people are tolerant but when it comes to something serious like finding out two males' deep relationship they just don't want to see it. We won't change it.

^^ True that. I too hate how some people are so close minded. It is sad to say that there are some people in this world who will still believe that same sex couples are wrong. Its just how it is no matter how sad it is. All we have to do is keep on believing what we think is right. Sorry kinda ranted there.

I agree with you LoneWolfe001. That the scene would have been mush different with Warrick. But personally I think Warrick knew about the boys. I do see your point of how the writers would try to macho up the scene to have Nicky come off as straight around Warrick. I love the casual interaction between the boys. So coupley in that aspect. Me thinks.

I think that the scene in A La Cart where Nick's back is facing the attractive casher is very telling. He is just not interested, cos he had eyes only for Greg (like everyone here has said). Personally I think if Warrick was in the scene with Nick, Nick would have been forced to act all "oh she is hot" and very macho. Which makes me think Warrick does not know. Nick is very relaxed & very funny around Greg, they keep trying to impress each other & keep telling each other about their childhood. Its also great to see that Nick is not treating Greg like a rookie anymore (its almost like an equal). Greg is more confident (i think he has put his beating behind him). I have yet to see the rest of season 8, but they both look more confident & relaxed (I think they have faced their demons together & are very much a couple or if you love pre slash like I do, they are defiantly better friends on their way to coupledom).

I agree with you LoneWolfe001. That the scene would have been mush different with Warrick. But personally I think Warrick knew about the boys. I do see your point of how the writers would try to macho up the scene to have Nicky come off as straight around Warrick. I love the casual interaction between the boys. So coupley in that aspect. Me thinks.

I think that Warrick knew about them too. Thought that Warrick knew and Nick had no idea about it it's making me giggle. Really. We know that Nick sometimes has problems with finding out some things - like other's people relationships. He could act when his best friend was around as a macho but who he wanted to lie? Warrick? He was a really smart guy and he found it out by himself. I think I mentioned it earlier that Nick had a few moments in earlier seasons which were saying that he's gay, and some of them were when was Warrick.

I'm a bit behind the last couple of days :( I'm not going to mention closed minded people, because i'll get angry about what some people are like grrrrrrrr.

Anyway, I was along with the thought that new guy would have no idea about Greg and Nick's relationship, coming in not knowing any of the team. I do however, like the idea that he sees it straight away. It's not something I'd thought of, but, I can totally see it now i've thought about it- I like the idea that the others have seen them evolve through the differnet stages of their relationship, whereas him coming in, it's just like wham! in his face - these two are a couple kind of thing.

I do like the idea, maybe a bit of the two ideas together would be pretty cool, like he doesn't know, then every so often they have a moment, and he's "wow, serious chemistry" kind of thinking. Then he notices that nobody else seems to notice it. And questions it, and then into the he's new can see it all theory.

I'm a bit behind the last couple of days :( I'm not going to mention closed minded people, because i'll get angry about what some people are like grrrrrrrr.

Anyway, I was along with the thought that new guy would have no idea about Greg and Nick's relationship, coming in not knowing any of the team. I do however, like the idea that he sees it straight away. It's not something I'd thought of, but, I can totally see it now i've thought about it- I like the idea that the others have seen them evolve through the differnet stages of their relationship, whereas him coming in, it's just like wham! in his face - these two are a couple kind of thing.

I do like the idea, maybe a bit of the two ideas together would be pretty cool, like he doesn't know, then every so often they have a moment, and he's "wow, serious chemistry" kind of thinking. Then he notices that nobody else seems to notice it. And questions it, and then into the he's new can see it all theory.

Dude thats soo true, ugh, got no time for small minded bigots of any discription!!

Ahh well yeah I think that any one would find it hard not to notice how Nick stares at Greg so much, and how much Greg returns his affection. After all body language counts for more than what is verbally said...

Them two men are soo in love with each other, the energy is cracking...

The others may choose to ignore it, cause basically Nick and Greg have friends in the team (or did have). Weird right that both their best friends are no longer there? Sometimes our nearest and dearest ignore some traits we have, but complete strangers will see it.

The new guy needs to be totally lacking in social awarness not to understand and see that Nick and Greg are not only together but are in love.

Wouldnt it be a hoot (yes I said hoot!), if the new guys openly says something like "do you spent a lot of time with each other outside work?" Of course we all want him to say, "Boys the tension in here needs to be exterminated.. Here have some annual leave and a guide book to good loving!"

Even Grissom with his aspurges/autistic traits could see the men in love.

:shifty: Only fools cant see love for what it really is. LOVE

The others may choose to ignore it, cause basically Nick and Greg have friends in the team (or did have). Weird right that both their best friends are no longer there? Sometimes our nearest and dearest ignore some traits we have, but complete strangers will see it.

The new guy needs to be totally lacking in social awarness not to understand and see that Nick and Greg are not only together but are in love.

Wouldnt it be a hoot (yes I said hoot!), if the new guys openly says something like "do you spent a lot of time with each other outside work?" Of course we all want him to say, "Boys the tension in here needs to be exterminated.. Here have some annual leave and a guide book to good loving!"

^^ I agree. With your friends you tend to block out odd traits cause we have become accustomed to them. Both their best friends are gone now sadly. But I wonder if it will be weird for Greggo to have Sara come back for a while and then leave again. Shes his best friend, and being away form her has only given him more time to get closer to Nicky. Also love the the idea of the new team members noticing these traits and mentioning it to the boys. Would be a very interesting way for them to break the ice with boys. Personally I'm hoping it also causes the boys to stake their claim on one another. I really enjoy alpha Nicky. And I think a new member flirting with Greggo or questioning their actions would cause him to inform the new person of how things are. So hot. :)

I would love for a new team member to come in and start flirting with Greg and Nick finally realizes that so many are attracted to Greg and he would be wise if he kept his hold on him good and tight. To tell him how much he cannot stand others flirting with him and he is his and only his. Okay maybe only in fanfic world would we see that but I still love the thought.

I think that Warrick knew about them too. Thought that Warrick knew and Nick had no idea about it it's making me giggle. Really. We know that Nick sometimes has problems with finding out some things - like other's people relationships. He could act when his best friend was around as a macho but who he wanted to lie? Warrick? He was a really smart guy and he found it out by himself. I think I mentioned it earlier that Nick had a few moments in earlier seasons which were saying that he's gay, and some of them were when was Warrick.

I can think of several scenes which were saying that Nick is gay. The way sometimes Nick acts in front of Greg (of course ;)), or Warrick, or Sara, or Grissom...or a random witness...The list goes on...bless him...:lol:

Like the "giddy up" moment:

giddyup2.jpg

Also, Warrick could have noticed that there was something going on between the boys, after Greg was beaten up in "Fannysmakin" and he saw Nick's reaction:

fs3.jpg

I mean, how could Warrick ignore this? :devil:

asschecking.jpg

And how could Warrick (or anyone) ignore these looks of LOVE?

fg3.jpg

fg4.jpg

fg6.jpg

[QUOTE]candygirl1uk said: "even Grissom with his aspurges/autistic trails could see the men in love"[/quote]

So. true.

Last edited:
I would love for a new team member to come in and start flirting with Greg and Nick finally realizes that so many are attracted to Greg and he would be wise if he kept his hold on him good and tight. To tell him how much he cannot stand others flirting with him and he is his and only his. Okay maybe only in fanfic world would we see that but I still love the thought.

I hope you all thougt about girl 'cause my first crazy idea was a new Fishbourn's character:guffaw: Sorry, but I don't see him flirting with anybody:lol:

Thanks seabird for pics. This "giddy up" moment is so obvious that Nick is gay, but... from when he's an fashion expert:lol:

Definitely Fannysmackin' was a Love episode. Just one look at Nick's face expression is telling that he was angry 'cause his boyfriend was beaten up. And Warrick saw that. Oh yeah, he was sure that Nick feels more than a friendship.

Hunger Artist - this ass check is one of my favourite moments. Of course Warrick was very observant:devil:

For Gedda - Warrick's expression is telling all;)

Grissom knows 'cause chemistry between boys is very very strong;)

(Bolding is mine)
^^ If The Prof. came in and said that, man, I think I'd just die laughing. But I personally think that tension between characters can be a good thing. If the tension mounts too high, well ... let's just say that, in the case of Nick and Greg, one of them could, say, be pinned up against a locker and kissed till he was blue in the face.

Thanks for the subtexty reminders, seabird! The Ass Check is one of my absolute favorite Love moments. Geez. Even if Nick tried to scoff it off, what else would he be looking at? The "design" on Greg's back pocket? :rolleyes: Please.

Warrick's expression in "For Gedda" is so ... I dunno. His expression (to me) says that he obviously knows about Nick and Greg's relationship (Nick was smiling at his boy the whole time, how could you not notice??) and obviously he's just bugging Nicky by suggesting that he flirt with the waitress. The way Nick says "maybe I will" (or something like that) to me says that he's just kidding around. No seriousness at all in his voice, or in his body language. Our Texan's body language is totally focused on Greg. His smile, his eyes. He's looks very open and comfortable.

Wow, so many posts! And I agree with all of them!!

First, thanks for those great reminders of the Love seabird. The boys are too obvious. :lol:

I'd love for Nicky to go all alpha on someone who flirts with Nick. He doesn't have to be that obvious just putting his hands on his arm when they're together in the same room. Not too long just a second too long. Or maybe he could give that person a look that says stay away.

I too would like to see Nicky getting all possessive with Greg in the locker room but hey, we've got fanfiction, right!! :devil:

I think it'd be awesome if the Professor (when does he get a name anyway?) would say something along the line like "Those too hang out a lot, don't they?" to Cath. She'd grin and walk away.

BTW: Love all the new avatars and banners!

Definitely Fannysmackin' was a Love episode. Just one look at Nick's face expression is telling that he was angry 'cause his boyfriend was beaten up. And Warrick saw that. Oh yeah, he was sure that Nick feels more than a friendship.

I have to disagree here. Warrick was not really acting like a supportive friend to Nick whose boyfriend just got beaten up. It was more like, "Greg got in trouble again".There are times when I think Warrick is indifferent to Greg. I have never seen Gedda, maybe between Fannysmaking & Gedda Warrick figured out how important Greg is to Nick or Catherine told him.

But I defiantely do not think Warrick was aware of their relationship before fannysmacking. And we defiantely know Nick never told him. When Nick had his little break down, he kept going on about the city instead of confiding in Warrick that it was really about Greg getting hurt

I'd love for Nicky to go all alpha on someone who flirts with Nick. He doesn't have to be that obvious just putting his hands on his arm when they're together in the same room. Not too long just a second too long. Or maybe he could give that person a look that says stay away.

I too would like to see Nicky getting all possessive with Greg in the locker room but hey, we've got fanfiction, right!! :devil:

I think it'd be awesome if the Professor (when does he get a name anyway?) would say something along the line like "Those too hang out a lot, don't they?" to Cath. She'd grin and walk away.

In first sentences you mean Nick being alfa on someone who flirts with Greg? It's morning and I just felt a little bit confused:lol: Anyway, I love this idea too. Yay, jealous Nicky, that's a thing which I would love to see in next season!

Thanks to fanfics! We can read about locer room's scenes and much more:devil:

And again this idea of scene with Professor. I'd almost die happy (almost 'cause none of us can die during CSI;)). I just imagined this moment with Cath. Totally cute. I'd give much to see it:devil:

I have to disagree here. Warrick was not really acting like a supportive friend to Nick whose boyfriend just got beaten up. It was more like, "Greg got in trouble again".There are times when I think Warrick is indifferent to Greg. I have never seen Gedda, maybe between Fannysmaking & Gedda Warrick figured out how important Greg is to Nick or Catherine told him.

I can't agree. Warrick was really worried because of Greg. I won't call his expression as a thought "Greg got in trouble again". Greg really hadn't a lot of storylines before. Fannysmackin' was his first very serious accident (yes, bomb in crime lab, but I don't think that Warrick even thought about that). And this episode was really hard 'cause again CSI was the victim. Warrick just couldn't think about "troubles again with Greg", he was his work mate - he worried about him as a friend.

I agree, Warrick was concerned for Greg. He may come off as indifferent but I think its because he's in his job mode. Remember in Post Mortem it was Warrick was asked Nick how things were going for Greg in the coroner's inquest. It was also Warrick who suggested they re-inact the scene to help him. Besides, Greg isn't one to get into trouble anyway so Warrick would have no reason to think that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back