The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL regarding the 'And One Secret Romance'.... Had me jumping for joy there, but it is Gris/Sara, but i like it how they have paired them all up...

Yeah I to agree that its nice that the name has not changed, it shall always be called The love....

OOh, I so cant wait for A LA Cart, and the next installment of the A LA Date...

I'm trying NOT to feel soo hyped up, but hmmm Nicky and Greggie working on a case together, it excites me far too much.....

Well, it is exciting! :D :D :D :D Just over a day away!

You know, I should read those stories. I mean, if someone asked my what stories for QAF were considered "must reads" I could tell you and probably have read them. I've been terrible with fiction lately. Reading and writing.

I'll start that for Fort 18. Why a Fort? Cause Forts rock! lmao

As all our sayings say, Long Live The Love!

Yeah it's always been the fort and it's like a tradition( which I also hope never changes), the love came along later I think but I don't know how or why. I do know that the LJ dedicated to Eric & George does have that caption along with it "The Love That Dare Not Speak It's Name" it may or may not have anything to do with it.

In my opinion it was probably just gradual then. If you don't know and you said it came AFTER "The Fort."

I said maybe it was like "Oh, 'the love' between them is so obvious." Then eventually people just started referring to them as "The Love." Or something along those lines.

Does that make sense? :p

Serenity said:

As for 'the love', it's been that way for as long as I can remember, we've seen other suggestions come and go, but 'the love' has stayed strong. I wouldn't want it any other way.

The same here. And I have to agree that Geekwriter's "One Good Man" is one of the BEST N/G fics ever written. Right now, I'm enjoying reading Catlover's "Greg Sanders Private Dick" series. The characterization is...perfect...Mr Big and Mr Dick :devil: And the boys are so sweet and romantic...I love this Noir version of Nick and Greg (think of Greg's voice in "Rashomama").

Regarding The Love name, we're in good company. I also think it has to do with Oscar Wilde's famous quote about homosexuality, the love between two men: "The Love That Dare Not To Speak Its Name". This same quote has been posted for years on the ericandgeorge LJ banner.

It would be really sad to think that, in 2007, more than a hundred years later, the love between two men is still that love that doesn't dare to speak its name. At least, on a CBS show like CSI... :( *Here's hoping that someday things will finally change*

And speaking of "Rashomama" here are the boys exchanging some looks:

nickgreglook-1.jpg

Nick looking at Greg when he says "Marriage is a public declaration of love":

nickwedding2.jpg

gregwedding.jpg

ok guys! I found it! And what a story! I loved that fort scene, it was funny and awesome. "Blanket forts tend to be dark. And small and safe for talking....We're in the fort, Nick. You can say anything in the fort." -Greg And, the name of the piece is "Not Even Poets" by Geekwriter.

I'll check out those other pieces later, I started at the bottom of her profile page and I'm working my way up....wow, is all I can say, she's an amazing writer! I've got several on my favs list already! lol.

Twins- That sounds like a possibility for the name...but I still like to think there's real history, like I've joined this really old group and I'm just now learning about it's history and who did what ages before I was ever born...which is cool, considering Nick and Greg weren't even considered characters yet at that point! lol...

Of course forts rock!:

"What are you doing?" Nick asked.

"Making a fort," Greg said as if the answer was obvious, and Nick supposed it was.

"Why are you making a fort?"

"Because they rock." He grabbed a few boxes of food and got down on the floor, crawled beneath the blanket. After a moment he stuck his head out. "Coming?"

wooooooohoooooo for page 2 and "A La Cart" getting closer!!!!! hehehehe I'd like to think of the ecret romance being our boys but I do think its GSR b/c even though viewers know it the team didnt. Which I find odd but I wont go there!!! lol And "A La Date" will continue later tonight!!!! *off to read stories on WMTDB*

PS~ QOTU I know in future stories you brought up eyeliner but if possible could leather pants for Greg be inc. somehow??? hehehehe :)

I emailed you back Stacy!

I really wish we knew for sure. But that quote is sounding better and better.

I need to read some stories now. I'm sick, sick, sick of responsibilities. Watch ATWT, get the code, put them on my site, make a summary, get screencaps. What have I done to myself?

The Wiki doesn't need this much work!

*woo*

"A La Cart!" Just over a day away! Right now I'm watching new Ghost Hunters and South Park tonight! I'm happy with premieres!

hehehehe
I'm in giddy mood right now. it think its due to "A La Cart" being so close, but who knows! hehehe
And Greg of course is happy that his Nicky called him his b/f last time on "A La Date" So Greg is giddy too!!!! hehehe

Whenever you get back Twins I'm ready to contine "A La Date.":)

Oh my Godness, you guys! I got a sign from The Love deities today! So, I always, always, always watch the reruns of CSI on SpikeTV, right? So, I was running late today and didn't get home til around 7:20, so as soon as I got in my house I flipped on the TV and it was on a scene with Nick and Greg in 'Evaluation Day', I believe. And I was like 'It's a sign! 'A La Cart' is gonna be a good episode. I can just feel it. If it's not completely overrun by GSR scenes, that is. *crosses fingers*

As long as we're on the topic of good ffics. I suggest 'Don't Fence Me In' by Kennedy, it's such a cute Stokes Family story.

And of course, all you already know how I feel about Catlover2x's fics. XD Thought I'd give ya'll a break from suggesting them... for now. *cough*'Baby Steps'*cough* :lol: I've really got a thing for Greg meetin' the family, I s'pose. Aww, shucks. hehe!

I think Catlover's the best (I love all her fics). Geekwriter,Kennedy,Nicksangel are in my list of favourite authors.

just a quick note the case isnt solved yet and we are starting at the end of the shift in the locker room.

Warrick and everyone else had gone home for the night so it was only Greg and Nick that were left. Greg moved over on the bench so he was right next to Nick and quickly gave him a kiss before asking, "Do you want to come over to my lace and hang out?" We can hang out and talk about how we are going to tell the rest of the team about us. And we can talk about some things that we need to say to one another, so we know what we want and how we f.... feel about each other.

Towards the end Greg stutters a bit b/c he is nervous. He wants to tell Nick something that he has been lying about and he really wants things to be right. And that no one gets hurt here, including himself.

Nick was watching Greg nervously talk and got nervous himself. "It's ok Greg, we can go over to your place and talk." He wondered why Greg seemed uneasy, but a lot had gone on for the past couple of days, so he just shrugged it off.

Zodiac, of course it's a sign!!! :p Gosh, I wish I got a sign like that. 19 hours and 23 minutes until "A La Cart"!!!!!!!

They walked out to the parking lot together, and thankfully they ended up parking next to each other so Greg quickly looked around and then gave Nicky a eck on the lips and told him to follow him home.

Greg pulled away from Nick and he smiled. He loved that taste of Greg's mouth on his. He climbed into his SUV and followed Greg home.

Should we eventually change this from "A La Date" to something else. Considering it's not a date anymore. The next episode is called "Go To Hell", maybe we can do a parody of that title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back