The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, Ive been reading a lot of Nick/Greg fanfics lately, and In almost all of them it comments somehow on the scars on Gregs back, so I was wondering if it actually said in the show somewhere that he has a lot of scars on his back or is this just some kind of weird coincedence?

that's a little bit of 'fannon' based on the explosion in the lab. they describe greg as having (shoot, can't remember the name of them, but i want to say black burns) that would have most likely resulted in massive scarring on his back. Although 'cannon' has shown us gregs back *4x4* is scar free. hope that answered it for you.

Oh I see. I just thought that since so many people were referring to it that I missed a conversation or something where they actually mentioned it on the show.

I wonder if they didn't give him scars on purpose, or it's just something they didn't think of.

You assume he had scars, I guess. I mean in "Inside the Box," he's got bandages on his cheek and neck, and I assume his back. I still have smaaaaall burn marks from when I burn myself in the kitchen or with candles, etc.

I think they didn't take that into account when they filmed "4 x 4."

"Gum Drops" and "Grave Danger" (Huh, both GD) made me think of something.

Remember the episode where they found a badly burnt women in the woods during a forest fire (which we later found out she created). Greg was really emotional, mostly to the husband, because he seemed so upset over the condition of his wife. But do you think that Greg could have been a little contected to the case because of his history of burns with the explosion?

What do you think?

twins1729 said:

Remember the episode where they found a badly burnt women in the woods during a forest fire (which we later found out she created). Greg was really emotional, mostly to the husband, because he seemed so upset over the condition of his wife. But do you think that Greg could have been a little contected to the case because of his history of burns with the explosion?

What do you think?

Could be but I'm not sure if TPTB are that smart. This issue has also been written about it some fics.

IMO I think he didn't have scars (in 4x4)because the burns were not as bad as the parmedics thought they were, I usually don't mention them inmy fics, but sometimes I do.

Wojo said:
IMO I think he didn't have scars (in 4x4)because the burns were not as bad as the parmedics thought they were, I usually don't mention them inmy fics, but sometimes I do.

That's a good point about 4x4. Maybe they forgot that he should have at least some scars or maybe it's what you said, the scars weren't as bad as they thought.

I definitely believe that Greg gets emotionally involved in that episode because of his own experience. But I've always thought that Greg's reaction to the burned woman in 'Spark of life' was more down to Eric's understanding of his character and the character's history than what the writers intended to portray. After all, the writers had Greg asking questions about burns that, as a burns victim himself, would already know. But Eric's acting skills definitely put forward a personal reaction to the case, no matter what the writers wanted.

Personally, I always think that fanon trumps canon in the case of Greg's scars. Even if they weren't as bad as the paramedics first feared, there would still be some sort of scarring there.

It's almost as if canon has forgotten he was even in the explosion.

i like fics that have greg with scars and being ashamed of them, and nick making him realise there is nothing wrong with them. to me it just seems so them lol.

Loved your fic, Serenity! :D

The Wave Of Love:

wavingback.jpg

The Jaw Clench Of Love:

jawclench.jpg

And The Wink Of Love (thanks to GueStage from WMTDB for posting it):

wink2.jpg

;)

I hate looking at the secound pic of Nick it's to sad.

I never read any fics with Greg and his scars. But they are both emotionaly scared, that counts ;)

god, that whole evidence collection scene just ripped my guts out. Nick was so disturbed and upset it just broke my heart.

I have to say, i've kinda lost my faith in n/g but when i saw that it rekindeled my love of the love.

Yeah, I dont think the writers are that smart either, Ive noticed that in a lot of inconsistencies in things that Grissom says. Like one day he says if someone is going to kill themselves, why go to work? and on another similar case he says a person goes through their daily actions up until the second they take their own life... (maybe this is just me looking too far into things, but still...)

But thanks for clearing everything up :)

ok while the jaw clench is for a bad reason, dude is it mindblowingly hot!!!

it so simply shows nick's reactions to greg's assault, and shows how deeply he cares for said labtech!!!

and nick punching k-fed has got to be the best thing i have seen on CSI in like ever rofl. cept all the boy touching, coz thats fun too.

Made some Love icons, (only 4 though :( ) but also 22 nicky ones.

can be found here would luv to know what y'all think coz they are my first lol.

teasers
nick13.jpg
nickgreg1.jpg

Ahhh...The Love

Those love pics,

I mean, why do they wave at each other? No one else ever waves. SUBTEXT!

lol

Aww, Nick looks so pissed when he clenches his jaw! It gets me everytime!

Oh, I LOVE the wink. I hope there's some explaination of it. But even if there isn't, I'm still glad it's there.

I remember listening to a commentary and hearing Gary and a producer raving about Eric's acting. I knew he was good, I just didn't think that other people thought it was too.

Okay, love the avatars. I make my own, but I'm waiting to post them on my site until I have a lot done.

Stay tuned. :D

Hey look, we're almost at the end of this thread! Where shall we build fort number 14? Somewhere warm and sunny? Another cosy log cabin in the snow with roaring fires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back