The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i loved the last time Holland played. they owned the whole group phase. my prediction is that either them or Portugal will win the title.

there is Turkey there too, though, who always scores in the last minute, and Croatia who is in great shape this year. but i'm doubting Germany. they got to the quarter final but just barely.

2. alienor

alienor Police Officer

Yes ! Go Holland, Go ! :D

But so many conditions for France to continue the Euro ! It will be a thrilling evening.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  3. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

I am so looking forward to that game! I'm so proud of Holland! :) Go Holland!

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I'm really annoyed lol Over here in England im pretty sure they are only showing the France/Italy game and i've been following each Holland match....So if there's any Brit who knows differently then please tell but I bet i need sky!

5. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Well, Italy does it again... :D Again in the quarterfinals although they played not so well. (understatement of the year :D)

I really don't like their coach Donadoni who seems to be lost in time and space which didn't get him any points from his players. Although Italy has a tradition of making it far after passing the group with problems, I seriously doubt that with this game they will be any threat to Spain. Buffon is the only player living up to his reputation.
    Gigi for Coach!!! :D

6. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

There go Romania's dream of glory. It was nice while it lasted :) We didn't lose, we actually won the respect of thw world's greatest teams France and Italy. :) Holland did a good job tonight, they were better than us, we knew it. They played with their heads, we played with our hearts :) The game is not over yet, but it's 2-0 for Holland. So... Nice tournament Romania, nice one!

7. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

^ You guys played good. There were so many chances..

I found the first half of the Holland - Romania game quite.. boring if I may say so. The second half had way more action. They were more focused. Overall I still though this game was nice to watch. Huntelaars goal was just pure luck and Van Persies goal was great. Simple, but nice. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  8. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Yesterday, in Spain, everybody was cheering Romania because we didn't want Italy next round, but Italy always manage to get lucky...So I guess they'll send us home on Sunday...:rolleyes:

Holland is really impressive winning with the reserves.

Today Spain-Greece and Sweden-Russia.

9. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Although that is their tradition, I seriously doubt that this coach and this team can send Spain home. Donadoni doesn't even know who to put on the field, and he lost Pirlo and Gattuso, due to yellow cards.

I think that it all depends on Buffon and will he have a good or a bad day, because he's the strongest link of italian team.

As for today's games I predict Sweden and Spain to win.

10. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I watched some of it in the US last week, it's crazy over there, not many people care, it's like 'why do you want me to turn college baseball off for soccer?!' But yeh, I'm changing my overall winner to Holland ;)

11. alienor

alienor Police Officer

The game against Italy from yesterday was quite boring because I hardly could believed in a reversal of the situation.

We did not well during the tournament, press and supporter have very hard words against the team and the coach.

I agree with people who think that Holland was impressive, from what I saw yes they are ! Their games were pleasant to watch.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  12. Misery

Misery Pathologist

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Domenech basically propose his girlfriend in the interview after the game. :D Nice way to change the subject.

I have to say that Russia played extremely well and they deserved to be in the quarterfinals. Their team is young and has a lot of prospect.

13. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^Not the best moment for doing that. :wtf:

Greece 1 - Spain 2 (Rubén de la Red and Dani Güiza).:)
    I didn't think we were going to win, playing with the reserves and with everybody thinking about Sunday's match against Italy. [/scared]

I thought Sweden was going to pass, congrats to Russia, but if we scored 4 goals when we played against them, Holland is going to have it easy.

14. Roosey

Roosey Captain

We did okay against France and Romania. We did awesome during the second half of the Netherlands - France game, the first half wasn't that good. We won both games though and that's pretty cool.

I don't think we're going to win the cup though. We played amazingly against Italy but the other matches didn't impress me that much. I think you need more than luck against such great teams. We've had van der Sar to rescue us but what happens if he gets injured or something? Sure, Stekelenburg and Timmer are good too, but I don't think they're the lifesavers we need. When you're goalkeeper is the best man of the game, you didn't play well (just quoting Johan Cruyff). The Dutch team has got to impress me during the Netherlands - Russia game, then we'll see!

Oh, and I found a very funny video online. This was originally shown on LTV4 (or something) so that's where the rights belong to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd39vJb3CmE

15. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Well done Germany! :D Portugal (or at last Kr. Ronaldo) so much need someone to kick their ass from long time. heheh
    Now I so can see Germany and Holland on final this Euro. Go boys ! :)