The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

I thought he was signing his death warrant before the match when he announce Scott Carson was in goal. I'm all for lettin the newbies have their day, but not the the most crucial match since the WC Q-Final. I thought Lescott was a bad starting descion and SWP, even Ian Wright whos SWP's father thought it was better to start with Beckham.

Frank Lampost cannot play in the same team as Steven Gerrard well. They play the same position and both can't be on the pitch at the same time if England want the best out of them.

Crouch should not have been a lone striker.....I could go on and on and on about the tatical blunders McClaren made but nothing can be done about it now.

Joe Cole and Peter Crouch where rated highest players of the England squad and neither of them scored higher than 6/10

Now that we've finished EC qualifications, today there was draw for the groups for WC 2010 in South Africa.

For Europe, there 53 countries - eight 6 teams group and one 5 teams group. From each group, winner will get to WC and the 2nd teams from each group will play against each other and see who gets in.

The groups are

Group 1
Malta
Albania
Hungary
Denmark
Sweden
Portugal

Group 2
Luxemburg
Latvia
Moldova
Swizerland
Israel
Greece

Group 3
San Marino
Slovenia
Slovakia
Northern Ireland
Poland
Czech Rep

Group 4
Liechtenstein
Azerbaidzhan
Wales
Finland
Russia
Germany

Group 5
Estonia
Armenia
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Belgium
Turkey
Spain

Group 6
Andorra
Kazakstan
Belarus
Ukraine
England
Kroatia

Group 7
Faroe Islands
Austria
Lithunia
Serbia
Romania
France

Group 8
Montenegro
Georgia
Kypros
Ireland
Bulgaria
Italia

Group 9
Iceland
Makedonia
Norway
Scotland
Holland

---

So oh for the bad ones, we "only" have Germany and Russia :p

And how lucky, England gets Croatia again :p

nattybatty55 said:
I feel exactly the same about Lampard and Gerrard and when i see Crouch play those legs just make me cringe!

He's like Bambi on ice :lol:

I'm happy with Englands draw for the WC Q/F We could have done a whole lot worse. Recent events aside I'm glad we got Croatia out of 'Pot A' and not the likes of Spain, Italy or France. Although I would have loved England & Germany in the same group :D I love an England v Germany match despite England winning only 2 competitive matches agaisnt them in my lifetime :rolleyes:

Oh and my mistake earlier England are bidding for the 2018 World Cup. Brazil are hosting the 2014 WC. I think Rio is -5 GMT so match times will running ito ridiculous o'clock on evening kick offs :lol: it'll be like USA'94 again (but hopefully with England participating :p)

I'm quite satisfied with Germany's group, shouldn't be a problem.
Hm I'm still wondering if I should go get a ticket for the EC next year when it's possible, I mean, it's not so far away, and it might be easier than getting tickets for the WC.
England and Germany in the same group would have been great^^ but only if they had placed 1st and 2nd of the group, I want England in the WC. ;) Although it'd be quite a dilemma for me - of course I'd suppport Germany above all, but I also really like England. :rolleyes: However, I could even deal with being defeated by them - but please not 1:5! :p

Groups for the 2008 European Championship in Austria and Switzerland:

Group A:
Switzerland
Czech Republic
Portugal
Turkey

Group B:
Austria
Croatia
Germany
Poland

Group C:
Holland
Italy
Romania
France

Group D:
Greece
Sweden
Spain
Russia

Wow, lucky again! That shouldn't be too difficult for the German team. Well, I don't wanna laugh too soon, everything's possible... :rolleyes: Group C is a hard one, I'm glad we're not in it. France vs Italy again - that brings back memories of the WC 06! :p

(Edited because of major mistake in the last part^^)

I have to say that is one evil group C is... i wouldn't even know who to support.

On the subject of football FA cup 3rd round was drawn and why is it only Man Utd got the premiership team... Man U vs Villa.... what an evil fixture. Both chelsea and arsenal have an easier if you say it match but ouch.

*waves first time post*

Oh man, it's pain evil to see Holland in same group with Italy and France :mad: :mad: I hope they beat 'em and can play in their orange shirts :D

IMO, since Europe is what it is with football, every group is hard ;)

Uh I don't know which team to support in that group C... Definitely NOT Italy! :mad: But I have this strange sort of antipathy towards Holland as well - stupid Ger/Ned rivalry :p But whatever, I think that the team that wants to win the Cup must be able to beat every team, no matter how hard the group is.

0-1GreeceAdvanceEuro08inConstantino.jpg

HELLAS!!!!!

Greece got Spain & Russia again :eek:. I don't care, because I'm extremely confident that Greece will advance to the next round considering the fantastic quality of our last few qualifying matches. We were the only team to finish with more than 30 points at 31 :D. Gekas is a legend who will take us very, very far. He's the man our squad needs. It will be a modern day 300 on the pitch with us making our way through the competition :D.

Pame Ellada pame!

Olympique de Marseille vs Liverpool 0:4 YAY! :D

Great game and the red guys go on 1/8 finals of Champion League. *start dance around happy* My fav player Steven Gerrard score and Torres make so beautiful goal too. Wow at last Liverpool star to play the way they must do it every macth. More then good job boys. :) Shame on me that I was little worry of this evening game hehe

^ Fantastic result! Fernando Torres is such a classy player - his goal was fantastic. :D Great team performance though. I was worried too - they were convincingly beaten by Reading on Saturday, but tonight we saw their quality. :)

Torres is a great player, and will only improve at Liverpool. He's one of my favourite players this season (and hot may I add).

I'm going to my first game of the season tomorrow :) Walsall-Leeds, can't wait. I may freeze to death, but I haven't seen Leeds for a couple of seasons :(

And the only match i've been to this season was the pre-season friendly Villa v Inter so I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

I have to say that I can't wait for the Euro Cup to start. The city we're (Croatia) playing at is only 3 hours away.

Oh, btw, I'm glad Croatia got England again for the qualifying round. I'm sure that will be entirely different team since Capello will change things and be more strict.

Back