The Ever-Declining Danny: Hot Or Not?

Nope, this season finale proved it. I've grown bored waiting for the old Danny to return and have moved on. I've discovered a lovely Scots man instead; so all is fine and good. :lol: I felt absolutely nothing during the sex scene. Although it was nice to see some passion back in Danny at the hostage situation, I was more concerned about Adam than how hot Danny could possibly be mouthing off the Irish mob. :rolleyes:

A little off-topic (though I sure am glad we got the old Danny back in the finale! :D) but I just had to comment on this:

foxdvdgh said:
And so it comes, confession time: I plead guilty to having written D/L fanfic although it's not the ship I pledge. Now, why on Earth, do you ask, did I do something like that? Cause sadly, my dears, that's the only way to get into the CSI NY fanfic world and get acknowledged/reviewed/taken into account.

Sorry, but I beg to differ. I've never written romantic fanfics and yet I've been an "established" writer in more than one fandom where everybody else shipped a pair or another. I've only written two CSI:NY stories so far (so you can say I'm still one of the "new girls" writing for this fandom) and they aren't romantic either, but I got nice reviews nonetheless.

This is not to imply that I'm good or anything, I'm just stating that IMHO a good idea, mixed with some good writing and characterization will get people's attention, whether you write what they like or not. :)

foxdvdgh said:
And so it comes, confession time: I plead guilty to having written D/L fanfic although it's not the ship I pledge (all the Flac/Stella shippers in da house go OH-OH... sorry.. got carried away there for a sec). Now, why on Earth, do you ask, did I do something like that? Cause sadly, my dears, that's the only way to get into the CSI NY fanfic world and get acknowledged/reviewed/taken into account.

[rant] Boy, am I going to disagree with that! :p I've never written anything I didn't want, and I certainly didn't get into the fandom by resorting to writing D/L. I've always stuck to Danny/Flack because that's my favorite ship and I didn't give a @$#% whether anybody else liked or disliked it. And most importantly, I write because I want to.

If getting recognition, attention and reviews is anyone's main and sole goal in writing (or anything else, for that matter) ... well, you won't last for long, not without continuously pandering to the fans at the cost of writing anything worthwhile. (And how ironic is it that the very show we're all talking about is doing just that?) [/rant]

Back to the topic, count me in the 'Meh' group. Technically speaking, we already had bare-chested Danny on the show before, which is probably why there was no squeeing after the finale aired. :lol: Now should TPTB show us Danny in the shower alone ... that'll be something! :devil: ;)

Hellew i too miss the real danny, but i havent lost hope and i think the season finale really really has bolstered my confidence in the fact that real danny is making a comeback. You see the thing is i dont mind the fact that danny has a "love" interest it's just that i find her so i dunno whiny yet "dont help me ime tough but have deep emotional scars that ime going to try and keep secret but in doing so makE them TOTALLY FRRIGGIN OBVIOUS". I just dont geddit it would have been far more plausible for aiden and danny to get it on, this lindsay thing is beyond ridiculous.

Danny shall return on a wave of angst and powerful emotional scenes and he shall realise that the only reason he ever got with lindsay is because he felt sorry for the weirdy whiny strangely unfriendly yet chatty bizarre little woman thing. :eek:

I take that last look back at Flack as an indication that Danny isn't sure of the whole Lindsay thing and was concerned that Don would not approve. Peer pressure can wreck havoc with a relationship and that may be the salvation for Danny for next season.

Yeah there were some very slight signs towards the end of the episode which makes me believe that Danny could be back with a bang next season. *prays to the good lord above*

Carmine is a hot guy and I could stare at pictures of him online all day but I watch CSI:NY for his acting ability and the way he has taken his character. I can count on one hand his appearances that have made a difference this season and that scares me. He was the unsung talent in season 1 and 2 and the way they've treated him this season, TPTB are lucky they still have him!

Thanks Kimmychu and Orison for the points you make.

I don't write for the reviews... I write for myself.
However, since I'm hoping to become a published fiction author by my mid-40's, I do post my stuff in order to gauge reader's reactions through their reviews.

My best work ever (IMnot-soHO) is a CSI NY fic called "BABEL" which has been mostly ignored review-wise. Does that mean I'm not proud of it? No way! It just went on to prove my point that, in certain sites, if you don't post D/L fics, you don't get reviewed.

And since this is COMPLETELY off-topic, I'll get off my soap box and join the hoping commitee for a better Messer next season.

Once more, thanks for your replies.

I've only seen the first few episodes because of the scheduling here in Asia :(.

I love Danny as a character and I love Carmine he's a great actor. I just don't think he was given the material he deserves this season but...

Maryse:
It was nice to see the old Danny back somewhat in the finale...i hope they bring him back to the way we liked him...and also ai hope he does have some kind of reaction to what he lived through and not just brush it off like nothing happened.

With some of your words of encouragment, I have a some hope left for my passionate and talented CSI.

The old Danny really was back in the finale! I found myself shouting at the computer screen like I'vedone with some of his past episodes!
Where he was taunting the Irish guys and trying to fix his fingers! *WINCE*
He was on his way back. I just hope the comment that Lindsay is going to help him get better is going to force him back to his new mellow self.

Sooooo ... did he get his balls back or not :lol:

And if not .. maybe Lindsay ate them, after all she ate the spider and what not in one of the eps from last year
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Even I'm going ... EWWWWWWWW :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back