The CSI: NY vs. L&O SVU showdown!

Not really related to CSI: NY vs SVU but, I just found out that two of NY's major characters were guest stars on previous episodes of SVU - Anna Belknap and Eddie Cahill. In addition, Vanessa Ferlito and Anna appeared on Law & Order, which was NY's former competition. I failed to check out their episodes. I'm curious how they did.

Also if anyone here watches Castle, Miami's present competition, it's lead actress was a guest star on Miami's previous episode.

I wonder how they feel competing with the show where they appeared before. Just crazy, amusing! :)

Anyway, I hope the three week hiatus would benefit NY's momentum up to the season finale and so on.

Last edited:
Though this merited resurrecting, since NY is going up against SVU tonight for the first time in a month, and SVU has been doing pretty well in the ratings against the NY reruns. I'm curious to see how it goes tonight. I predict a split... probably 11 million viewers for CSI: NY and maybe 8 something for SVU. I think the demo will be close, maybe with a slight edge to NY.

Looks like my predictions were close! And they tied in the demo...

Also on CBS was aforementioned Criminal Minds at 9 p.m. (Viewers: #2, 12.49 million; A18-49: #2, 3.5/ 9), which is one of the few shows to still stand tall opposite American Idol, and fading CSI: NY (Viewers: #1, 10.62 million; A18-49: #1t, 2.5/ 7), which continues to lose steam from one year earlier (Viewers: 12.50 million; A18-49: 3.3/ 9 on April 8, 2009, based on the final nationals).

Over at NBC, an original Wednesday airing of game show Minute to Win It, was picked-up for 10 new episodes in 2010-11, limped out of the gate with 5.88 million viewers (#3) and a 1.8/ 6 among adults 18-49 (#2t) at 8 p.m. Comparably, this is no better than recent occupant Mercy. Minute to Win It led into a repeat of Law & Order: SVU (Viewers: #3, 4.94 million; A18-49: #4, 1.4/ 4 at 9 p.m.), followed by an original installment of SVU at a respectable 8.35 million viewers (#2) and a 2.5/ 7 among adults 18-49 (#1t) at 10 p.m. Needless to say, this is quite an improvement over former occupant The Jay Leno Show.

Source: PI Feedback

Wow, I wonder where the lost demo and viewers (about 0.7 A18-49 and 2.5 million viewers) of NY went. Obviously, most of them didn't tune in on SVU as it got the same ratings as it was getting in the 9pm slot (about mid 2s and 8 million viewers).

SVU just went up in the ratings few weeks ago (as high as 3.3 A18-49 and 11 million viewers - typical NY numbers) because NY was on repeat.

This whole loss of followers might be the effect of the-not-so-great-writing this season.

I hope NY bounce back to its normal ratings (about low 3s in A18-49 and 13 million viewers) next week because SVU will be a repeat.

Back